Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

36 minutes ago, horsefly said:

No you twonk, you're the one making this claim therefore you are the one who has to demonstrate it's truth. For example: If I was to claim that SwindonCanary is really an aged chimpanzee let loose with an Apple Mac in Banham Zoo, I expect you would challenge my claim. Do you think it would be adequate for me to reply "Look it up"? Only a fool would think that acceptable, so let's have your evidence please. 

Exposed.

chimp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

it seems to me that it's Germany in charge of the EU. 

That's because you're an idiot who believes what other idiots tell him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

it seems to me that it's Germany in charge of the EU. 

It's a Franco-German hegemony and always has been and always will be.

(I note your comment was met with the usual well thought out insults. Off-putting to the extreme.)

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

It's a Franco-German hegemony and always has been and always will be.

(I note your comment was met with the usual well thought out insults. Off-putting to the extreme.)

It's water off a ducks back, there's a list of things I've been called on here, none of it is true, but all persist. 

We are important because we are the second largest contributor to the budget. Even our  rebate (spent for the most part by directives from Brussels) pales into insignificance when compared to the 50% Vat cut afforded to German exports.

We also import a lot from the EU, whilst our exports are less. Well known fact, but highly significant nevertheless. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

21 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We are important because we are the second largest contributor to the budget. Even our  rebate (spent for the most part by directives from Brussels) pales into insignificance when compared to the 50% Vat cut afforded to German exports.

We also import a lot from the EU, whilst our exports are less. Well known fact, but highly significant nevertheless. 

🤷‍♂️ This doesn't really matter anymore 

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Very true.

We are 86 days from the end of the transition period and are clueless about how the EU/UK border will work, what impact that will have and what the Government intends to do about it.

Apart from that we are all set.

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Very true.

We are 86 days from the end of the transition period and are clueless about how the EU/UK border will work, what impact that will have and what the Government intends to do about it.

Apart from that we are all set.

Those are just little 'niggles' BigFish. We need to focus on the future! Put up some 'WINDMILLS' in the sea, that'll do it. 

• Haha 1

Britain was respected by our friends in Europe for being the counterweight to the French and German hegemony. I guess we ****ed that up too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Britain was respected by our friends in Europe for being the counterweight to the French and German hegemony. I guess we ****ed that up too. 

The irony is that the wider expansion into the old Eastern Bloc was seen as a way to water down this so called "hegemony".  Yet is was the migration of workers from these states that gave the Brexiteers the opportunity to push the UK out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The irony is that the wider expansion into the old Eastern Bloc was seen as a way to water down this so called "hegemony".  Yet is was the migration of workers from these states that gave the Brexiteers the opportunity to push the UK out.

Yes, but don't expect the anti-EU brigade to acknowledge that. Inside the EU Britain was one of the "big three", and the natural leader for all of the smaller countries. Outside the EU we are ... well, we will find out soon enough. Puerto Rico comes to mind though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Please explain.

I happen to think it matters more than ever.

We (both sides) need a deal.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

"So called hegemony?"

The rest of your post was nonsense as well.

Do you actually know anything about the workings/intentions of Brussels beyond your deeply ingrained agenda?

Wake up!

There are two sides to every argument. The brexit question is far from clear cut either way. 

It is beneficial to weigh up the arguments for or against rather than  be blinfold to the alternative view.

There is a lot wrong with the mantra behind the EU fanatic's intentions. It would do well to appreciate this.

Various UK governments, from Thatcher through Mr Maastricht (John Major) and on to Campell have tried to instigate an alternative approach. Brown, for all his inadequacies, kept us out of the Euro. Why? Ask yourself? Do you want us to adopt the Euro, btw.

A balanced approach achieves more than just hurling street corner boy insults.

I expect no answer to that I have highlighted, as is usual.

I might well get an insult. That is the usual. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

16 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"So called hegemony?"

Do you actually know anything about the workings/intentions of Brussels beyond your deeply ingrained agenda?

Wake up!

There are two sides to every argument. The brexit question is far from clear cut either way. 

It is beneficial to weigh up the arguments for or against rather than  be blinfold to the alternative view.

There is a lot wrong with the mantra behind the EU fanatic's intentions. It would do well to appreciate this.

Various UK governments, from Thatcher through Mr Maastricht (John Major) and on to Campell have tried to instigate an alternative approach. Brown, for all his inadequacies, kept us out of the Euro. Why? Ask yourself? Do you want us to adopt the Euro, btw.

Pot and kettle are words that come to mind:

"There are two sides to every argument" followed by, "There is a lot wrong with the mantra behind the EU fanatic's intentions"

Just now, horsefly said:

Pot and kettle are words that come to mind:

"There are two sides to every argument" followed by, "There is a lot wrong with the mantra behind the EU fanatic's intentions"

Eh? Clutching at strawers there methinks.

There's no inconsistency at all there. There's a lot wrong with the approach of the extreme, no deal brexiteers, as well.

Stop using second hand language related to "pots and kettles" and come up with soimething coherent, if you can.

12 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

As explained earlier, Germany currently holds the EU presidency 

So neither Juncker nor Barroso (especially) adhered to the German dictat then?

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Eh? Clutching at strawers there methinks.

There's no inconsistency at all there. There's a lot wrong with the approach of the extreme, no deal brexiteers, as well.

Stop using second hand language related to "pots and kettles" and come up with soimething coherent, if you can.

When you come up with an actual argument I will happily respond to it. In the meantime why not have a go at spelling and punctuating accurately.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

When you come up with an actual argument I will happily respond to it. In the meantime why not have a go at spelling and punctuating accurately.

I did, my argument is sound, although clearly beyond you. Read again.

The rest, concerning typos, was just pathetic and undermines the whole thread.

Not that this is a difficult thing to achieve.

Is that all you have? Good God!

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, NFN FC said:

24 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"So called hegemony?"

Wake up!

The circulatory nature of this debate is always amusing. My answer to Do you want us to adopt the Euro, btw.  is above, it doesn't matter any more. As a third country the UK cannot join the Euro. Whether I believe that the EU is constructed to support all member states or not falls into the same category. But looking at the support for Ireland will tell you all you need to know on that matter.  

What does matter is we are 86 days from the end of the "transition" period. At that point we have no idea what the EU/UK border arrangements will be, what the implications of the changes are and what the government intend to do about it.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

So neither Juncker nor Barroso (especially) adhered to the German dictat then?

I was referring to the current presidency and its relevance to  why Barnier had been to see Merkel 

I've read it again and can't find the trace of an argument. All there is to be found are the typical anodyne statements of an EU sceptic. These do not constitute an argument.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We (both sides) need a deal.

This is spot on 

I think more should have been done, much earlier, to get an understanding of what deal could be achieved instead of leaving it to the last minute 

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

The circulatory nature of this debate is always amusing. My answer to Do you want us to adopt the Euro, btw.  is above, it doesn't matter any more. As a third country the UK cannot join the Euro. Whether I believe that the EU is constructed to support all member states or not falls into the same category. But looking at the support for Ireland will tell you all you need to know on that matter.  

What does matter is we are 86 days from the end of the "transition" period. At that point we have no idea what the EU/UK border arrangements will be, what the implications of the changes are and what the government intend to do about it.

Apparently the Liberal Democrats have intentions that we should re-join the EU. This would mean adopting the Euro. Are you in favour?

Like you said 86 days.

A lot can and will happen in that time and once the brinkmanship, from both sides, becomes dangerous. 

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I've read it again and can't find the trace of an argument. All there is to be found are the typical anodyne statements of an EU sceptic. These do not constitute an argument.

Please your own agenda then.

You clearly are clueless when it comes to appreciating the true agenda of the EU fanatics in Brussels and beyond.

Their agenda being a federal state ruled by the Franco-German hegemony, with a common currency and open borders and free trade between all, as long as VAT discounts remain and currencies are controlled.

Argument enough for you? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

An utterly meaningless sentence.

I added something to that which was just an instance response to your obvious and total ignorance of the complete picture.

Read again.

Edited by BroadstairsR