Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Canvassing for the Labour Party in the area and if it anything to go by it is going to be a close run thing in our electorate. LAbour ran the Tory close last time and many people who would have voted Tory say they will vote LibDem. But that is a strange one as Cornwall voted to Leave. But the LibDems were a long way behind before after the coalition farce. SO it could leave the way clear for Labour.

Puzzled is the word.

Stick on KG

Redruth betting odds

Tories 1-9

Labour. 6-1

LdemsĀ  100-1

An interesting quiz for you all to have a go at, from the Daily Mash. šŸ‘šŸ˜‚

Quiz: Can you tell which of these statements is a Tory lie?

THE Tories appear to have dispensed with telling the truth, so can you distinguish their lies from fact? Take our fun quiz and rate the following statements true or false.

1. Jeremy Corbyn has 20 mice living in his beard. Worse, he has named them after his terrorist buddies, eg. ā€˜Osamaā€™, ā€˜Gerryā€™ and ā€˜Palestine Liberation Organisationā€™, which is admittedly a strange name for a mouse.

2. Tory party chairman James Cleverly is so named because he is incredibly clever and not a complete idiot as he appears. He is so clever he regularly beats chess grandmasters and has invented an anti-gravity drive.

3. The Conservatives have built 2,500 new hospitals which can reverse the ageing process and make you 20 again if you are a retired older person. Sadly none of them will be open until 13 December 2019 so you can't book in right now.

4. If Labour get in their first act will be to put the SNP in charge and call the country ā€˜Greater Caledoniaā€™. Do you want porridge on your chips? NO THANKS, JOCK!

5. Borisā€™s Brexit deal is so good that Germany and France are also planning to leave the EU. In fact the entire continent is grateful to us for their first glimpse of freedom since 1945. The deal, incidentally, will boost UK GDP by a remarkable Ā£690 billion a day.

6. The Conservatives are the only party that will stop the BBC banning Dadā€™s Army because millennial snowflakes cry when they see a gun.

How did you do?

The correct answers are:

1-6: All Tory lies. However Tory voters wonā€™t give a sh*t because most of them would be happy to believe the sky is green and the grass is blue if it means 'getting Brexit done'.

• Haha 2

Stick on KG

Redruth betting odds

Tories 1-9

Labour. 6-1

LdemsĀ  100-1

I gave up gambling when I used to lose too much playing blind brag. But those odds don't reflect what peopleĀ are saying on their doorstep.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Stick on KG

Redruth betting odds

Tories 1-9

Labour. 6-1

LdemsĀ  100-1

I gave up gambling when I used to lose too much playing blind brag. But those odds don't reflect what peopleĀ are saying on their doorstep.

Inside info is very useful, bet accordingly.

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

But the bookies alwaysĀ win outĀ in the long run šŸ™‚.Ā 

Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜€Ā  šŸ‘‡Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Labourā€™s Shadow Housing Minister, Sarah Jones, had a shocker on Politics Live this lunchtime with her repeatedly failing to say where the Ā£58 billion Labour has suddenly promised to WASPI pensioners would come from, or why it wasnā€™t in the manifesto which was published just a few days before this new spending commitment. Makes even more of a joke of McDonnellā€™s ā€˜Grey Bookā€˜ā€¦Ā  šŸ¤„

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

All you remainers can throw what you like at me, it's water off a ducks back, We will be out by the end of the year and Britain will be better for it !

Explain to us why Britain will be better after Brexit.

18 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

But the bookies alwaysĀ win outĀ in the long run šŸ™‚.Ā 

Ā 

There is an endless supply of mugs.

I just need Lib Dems below 45 seats and Tories above 327 to show a nice profit on my spread tips. I haven't touched Labour yet and still don't think they will go under 200.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I just need Lib Dems below 45 seats and Tories above 327 to show a nice profit on my spread tips. I haven't touched Labour yet and still don't think they will go under 200.

Yes - Don't bet what you cant afford to lose.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jools said:

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜€Ā  šŸ‘‡Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Labourā€™s Shadow Housing Minister, Sarah Jones, had a shocker on Politics Live this lunchtime with her repeatedly failing to say where the Ā£58 billion Labour has suddenly promised to WASPI pensioners would come from, or why it wasnā€™t in the manifesto which was published just a few days before this new spending commitment. Makes even more of a joke of McDonnellā€™s ā€˜Grey Bookā€˜ā€¦Ā  šŸ¤„

I wonder if it's sunk in for the Millennials that they will be the ones paying for Corbyn's manifesto pledges

For the record I have sympathy with the WASPI's but you cant have 'equality' in one direction only. Taxes andĀ pensions change -Ā Ā thereĀ was plenty of warning from 1995 about 65 - 24Ā yearsĀ ago!Ā  Ā Ā Ā 

If you don't take any interest in current affairs or the news then don't be surprised when otherwise well published changes affect you.

ThereĀ are better causes for sympathy funds!

Ouch.

Edited by Yellow Fever

10 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I wonder if it's sunk in for the Millennials that they will be the ones paying for Corbyn's manifesto pledges

Coming from someone who is consistently wrong I expect the Millennials won't be sweating too much. šŸ˜€

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ā 

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

17 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Aye, I'm waiting to see how Lefties on here are going to defend a policy that would have the next generation paying for extended pensions of rich old ladies šŸ˜€

• Haha 1

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Lib-Dums below 45 seats! šŸ˜€ They'll be lucky to notch up 14Ā šŸ¤Æ Labour will get around 213 seats šŸ™ƒ

The Tories are currently on course to win the GE and garner something like 349 seats as opposed to the 276 seats combined by lab/lib/snp.

Always glad to help, Ricardo šŸ‘

52 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Explain to us why Britain will be better after Brexit.

Thank -You for asking

Ā 

Foreign affairs

EU membership limits Britainā€™s international influence.

Sovereignty

Britain would have more control of its laws and regulations.

Security

Britainā€™s domestic security could benefit from full border controls.

Money

Britain contributes billions of pounds in membership fees to the EU every year.

Trade

Membership of the EU keeps Britain from fully capitalising on trade with other major economies such as Japan, India and the US.

Business

The EU subjects Britain to slow and inflexible bureaucracy, making it more prohibitive for smaller companies to do business.

Jobs

Improved global trade agreements and more selective immigration could have a positive effect on the British job market.

Consumer goods

The average person in Britain loses hundreds of pounds each year due to EU VAT contributions and agricultural subsidies policies.

• Haha 2

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I nearly fell off my chair laughingĀ when I sawĀ this.

0727924_PE735940_S5.JPG

Ā 

Yep, Guido again -- Because one can't rely on the BBC/MSM to report the truth:

gassed11.jpg?w=540&ssl=1

Labourā€™s Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner candidate Peymana Assad is in hot water after social media posts surfaced of her saying she would ā€œ100% take up arms against the [Afghan] government and its alliesā€ which at the time included the US and the UK. Now Jewish people are questioning an oddly worded tweet from Peymana, which talks about a ā€œ10 lost tribes of Israel jokeā€ and a man who ā€œgot gassedā€. She has now deleted her Facebook account, you have to wonder why?

53 minutes ago, Jools said:

Aye, I'm waiting to see how Lefties on here are going to defend a policy that would have the next generation paying for extended pensions of rich old ladies šŸ˜€

Poor Jools. I at least expected you to back this up with some 'facts' from Guido.

27 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Thank -You for asking

Ā 

Foreign affairs

EU membership limits Britainā€™s international influence.

Sovereignty

Britain would have more control of its laws and regulations.

Security

Britainā€™s domestic security could benefit from full border controls.

Money

Britain contributes billions of pounds in membership fees to the EU every year.

Trade

Membership of the EU keeps Britain from fully capitalising on trade with other major economies such as Japan, India and the US.

Business

The EU subjects Britain to slow and inflexible bureaucracy, making it more prohibitive for smaller companies to do business.

Jobs

Improved global trade agreements and more selective immigration could have a positive effect on the British job market.

Consumer goods

The average person in Britain loses hundreds of pounds each year due to EU VAT contributions and agricultural subsidies policies.

Thanks for taking the time to copy and paste something from the internet, Swindo šŸ‘šŸ»

I assume all the points can be proven by evidence?

14 minutes ago, Jools said:

0727924_PE735940_S5.JPG

Ā 

Must be Jools' nursery chair.......Ā  He does after all like fairy stories with a happy ending just before his afternoon nap. He's probably worn out after colouring in all the unicorns....Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Sounds like a bit of insider trading going on here.....is it worth a few quid out of my pension fund?

I just had a quick look and I have Ā£58 billion more than I thought! It was hidden under a pile of BS

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1