Sign in to follow this  
Boris

Open Top Bus Parade!?

Ironically it was about this time last season that LDC was banging on to anyone that was prepared to listen that we could still make the playoffs....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kick it off said:

All straight from the LDC song book.... Wonder if any of those will get an airing on Weds?

Shhhh. No one should make a noise because we might unsettle the players! 😛

• Haha 2

With respect I think people are missing the point a bit on this thread.

We already know that Diesel lorries and vehicles aren't going to be allowed this year at the Lord Mayor's procession.

It would look like double standards if our heroes were allowed to parade the Championship trophy through the city centre streets on a smelly, polluting diesel bus. Unless somebody comes up with an electric bus and quick there might not be any parade at all. 😉

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Ironically it was about this time last season that LDC was banging on to anyone that was prepared to listen that we could still make the playoffs....

More than that, after we got 5 points from our first 6 games, he started a thread saying we'd win our next 6! Then looked like Nostradamus when we won the next 4.

20 minutes ago, kick it off said:
23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Fans need to be as grounded as possible too. Positive, yes, but not ahead of themselves.  Even Michael Bailey was talking about it the other day.  Reading will likely be a much tougher game than today, I hope those that are going are ready for a tough match.

What material difference will it make to anyone if they aren't grounded? 

Wasn't it against Hull the fans started chucking a hat around near the dug out and that co-incided with Hull scoring?  A small incident, but fans do need to keep it real - it was that Michael Bailey was talking about after that match. 

I'm fed up with people telling me fans don't make a difference by the way they are at a match. If a crowd is nervous it will transmit to players. If they are over confident and distracted, that can transmit to players, the best crowds are where people are are confident, focussed and up for the battle and not taking anything for granted.  It's how the players need to be and it is how Farke likes it to be too.  Dream, yes, but it is only a dream until you make it happen and fans can help that.

I think the only way LDC will change his stance on this matter is if everyone who feels we are promoted suddenly changes their minds... 

Edited by JF
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Dream, yes, but it is only a dream until you make it happen and fans can help that.

So we are allowed to dream then, thanks for clearing that up, go back to your lives people, nothing to see here. 

14 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:
18 minutes ago, JF said:

More than that, after we got 5 points from our first 6 games, he started a thread saying we'd win our next 6! Then looked like Nostradamus when we won the next 4.

Yes, but it's not rocket science. Points are there to be won....by any team at any time. People were ridiculously negative about things at the beginning of the season and I simply responded to that - in the same way I am respondiong to those who talk as if promotion is done and dusted.  I say stay in the present and enjoy that.....and that isn't rocket science either!

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm fed up with people telling me fans don't make a difference by the way they are at a match. If a crowd is nervous it will transmit to players. If they are over confident and distracted, that can transmit to players,

"And Pukki is through on goal, he's rounded the keeper.................................and his missed, and open goal ! Well, what do you make of that Darren ?"

"That can only be put down to an over over confident crowd................. putting him off. They weren't too over confident when Buenia played him through, but that changed in those few seconds after Pukki got the ball. Maybe they were distracted which Pukki picked up on, or perhaps being Finnish he was picking up on the nervousness of the Rangers fans"

• Haha 2

LDC always takes the opposite viewpoint to create a bit of drama and attention for himself.

If we were ten points off the automatics he’d be relentlessly telling us we could still do it, and bemoaning anybody that realistically knew we couldn’t do it.

The majority of Norwich fans know we’ve done it - there’s no way we’re mucking it up now.

I’m already looking forward to the Premier League in August - and yes, the parade too. I reckon it’ll be on a weekday a week after the last game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

"And Pukki is through on goal, he's rounded the keeper.................................and his missed, and open goal ! Well, what do you make of that Darren ?"

"That can only be put down to an over over confident crowd................. putting him off. They weren't too over confident when Buenia played him through, but that changed in those few seconds after Pukki got the ball. Maybe they were distracted which Pukki picked up on, or perhaps being Finnish he was picking up on the nervousness of the Rangers fans"

It’s the fans’ fault for being too negative when we lose, and the fans’ fault for being too positive when we lose.

sophist

noun
soph·ist | \ ˈsä-fist  \

Definition of sophist

1someone who argues for the sake of arguing rather than with the purpose of arriving at truth
2: a captious or fallacious reasoner. e.g. Lake District Canary who will make a point and stick to it despite overwhelming detraction for it and actually dig himself an even deeper bloody hole trying to support his case. see also Big Vince, pete

Synoym - farage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

LDC reminds me of Jeremy Corbyn.. 

Not a compliment...... Obviously. 

Because he's unable to sit on an empty seat on a train? 😛

I kind of agree with Lakey, but for me its more about who  will become Champions. I really  think Leeds will not come to close to us now, they have a very sticky run in. But Chris Wilder will get his Blades team pumped and  looking at their run in, can see them closing the gap to us quicker than some may think possible. Lets say, im very optimistic we will get promoted and fairly optimistic about us being Champions, but even with a current 7 point gap, we need to grab points in nearly all the final 6 games.

18 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's nigh on sensational what has transpired this season, but I'll enjoy it as it happens. 

I think ' nigh on ' is being a bit cautious LDC :classic_smile:

To be fair I remember spivvy opportunists flogging ' Brighton Champions ' scarves for a tenner outside Carrow Rd a couple of years ago. Three games left and they needed a point to clinch it. We beat them 2-0 and Newcastle went on to nick it.

Not that'll happen to us of course....

12 hours ago, Essjayess said:

I kind of agree with Lakey, but for me its more about who  will become Champions. I really  think Leeds will not come to close to us now, they have a very sticky run in. But Chris Wilder will get his Blades team pumped and  looking at their run in, can see them closing the gap to us quicker than some may think possible. Lets say, im very optimistic we will get promoted and fairly optimistic about us being Champions, but even with a current 7 point gap, we need to grab points in nearly all the final 6 games.

I would be very surprised if either closed the gap by much, a point or two at best, and I would venture the probability is on us increasing that gap by the time we have finished at Villa.

Edited by Bill