Sign in to follow this  
unique

Comparison with Wolves

One more defeat and Norwich will equal that of Wolves last season.

Eight more goals and Norwich will surpass the total scored by Wolves last season.

Not sure how the cost of both squads stack up.....

• Like 1

Cost of the squads 🙂

It's interesting, the entire league is averaging about 4 points less than last year. If maintained, we'd finish on 95 points.

If WBA had beaten, rather than lost to Sheff Utd, the separation between 1st and 6th would look very similar too. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 13.21.11.png

Edited by Surfer

Some would argue that this season's Championship is tougher than last. It could be true. For a start, we are playing better this season than last!

Leeds and Sheff Utd have done the Championship "the right way" too, assuming they both go up with us.

Four points better it would seem. So that’s us not winning the “floodlight failure” game against Derby, and conceding that injury time winner at Sheff Utd.... 

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Four points better it would seem. So that’s us not winning the “floodlight failure” game against Derby, and conceding that injury time winner at Sheff Utd.... 

....and Wolves losing a Million a week in their promotion season. 

• Like 1

Fantastic achievement! Farke (+ coaching staff) and Webber have done some job here. The signings have been top class and the manager has inspired the lads! You can see they work so well together.
We have picked up some absolute gems on the transfermarket...who would have thought this at the beginning of August 2018? 

Edited by ROBFLECK

10 hours ago, Darth Canary1 said:

An incredible achievement 

11 hours ago, splendidrush said:

When you consider what Wolves spent to get up, ours is some achievement. 

Is being top an achievement? I suppose so, but only up to a point. Wolves real achievement last season was finishing the season top and getting promotion. That has not happened for us yet. Great to enjoy what we are doing in the process of the season, but the real achievement will be if we get promoted. 

On 15/03/2019 at 08:19, lake district canary said:

Is being top an achievement? I suppose so, but only up to a point. Wolves real achievement last season was finishing the season top and getting promotion. That has not happened for us yet. Great to enjoy what we are doing in the process of the season, but the real achievement will be if we get promoted. 

What we have done so far is a massive achievement.  You may ask what but I would argue the performances from this time last year to this year is just a massive job so yes, we have achieved an awful lot.

And we have all loved watching the games this year also, again , a huge jump over last year.

my pessimistic head says I still can’t or won’t get excited yet. A slip up today and a United win just levels all up basically.

But if it all went Pete Tong and we had to go again next year , we’ll we have still moved on so much.

As for the binners.............🤦‍♂️