Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Gunn

Not a Krull bashing. 

Angus Gunn has disappeared at Southampton, albeit with a pocket full of cash. 

Maybe a further season here would have been beneficial for all if Man C allowed. May have seen his value rise for Man C and offered better options for Angus rather than the shadows at Southampton. 

Still hoping for Southampton to go down TBH, if we were to go up then we would probably have a decent chance at signing him as I'd assume he'll have a relegation clause in his contract...

It is really a waste after the fine season he had with us. Such a talented goalkeeper and ready to do a great job whichever team he is put in, yet is stuck on the bench. Sure he might get a chance at some stage, but really he ought to be playing in a first team somewhere.  Money is the motivating factor - Citeh wanted some money for him, he gets a good wage.....and is stuck on a bench.  Brilliant. Not.

Would be tempted to try get him or Forster back on loan in Jan. Something is needed to be done with our backline.

Perhaps it's as simple as having Klose and Hanley consistently fit and firing though.

Nothing wrong with Krul. It’s easy to support the players on a good run, now back the likes of Tim when we have a difficult game. He deserves that. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Would be tempted to try get him or Forster back on loan in Jan. Something is needed to be done with our backline.

Perhaps it's as simple as having Klose and Hanley consistently fit and firing though.

Something is needed to be done with our backline but it’s not replacing and scapegoating Krul. He’s done little wrong and is a top goalkeeper in this league.

We all forgave Aarons his mistake last week (quite rightly) and Pukkis many missed chances, should be the same for gks. Krul has made some top saves this season and has not been at fault for any goals in the last 2 games (when the defence has looked weakest and in need of changes), he’s not the problem.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2018 at 23:20, Alex Moss said:

Nothing wrong with Krul. It’s easy to support the players on a good run, now back the likes of Tim when we have a difficult game. He deserves that. 

Does he? Whilst I accept his place in the team is assured and he is the best we have, that shouldn't blind everyone to the fact that he isn't very good. He could have saved at least two of the 4 Derby goals - a top keeper would not have been beaten by all the them - the first one (though hit very hard) was straight at him. We all excuse him by saying he had "no chance" but that's just not true - promoted teams tend to have great keepers in them who make the difference.

Like everyone else I'll support him because I have to, but if we are really going for promotion we should get Angus Gunn in on loan in January. I really don't care how that makes Krul feel if its the difference between going up and not.

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

the first one (though hit very hard) was straight at him.

Why didn’t it hit him then, or did he jump out of the way ? 😉

• Like 1

All goalkeepers make mistakes and they are not going to save every goal. With a good defence you can limit the shots on goal, I like Krul and we need to get behind him not knock him. He was playing International and Premiership football until succumbing to a bad injury and I’m sure you can’t recover your form and confidence in goal straight away. And he has actually made some very good saves this season which people forget about. There are other good keepers out there but we don’t know how they might have performed in the matches we’ve played this season. I wonder how the Everton fans feel about Pickford he’s let in 13 goals during December.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Does he? Whilst I accept his place in the team is assured and he is the best we have, that shouldn't blind everyone to the fact that he isn't very good. He could have saved at least two of the 4 Derby goals - a top keeper would not have been beaten by all the them - the first one (though hit very hard) was straight at him. We all excuse him by saying he had "no chance" but that's just not true - promoted teams tend to have great keepers in them who make the difference.

Like everyone else I'll support him because I have to, but if we are really going for promotion we should get Angus Gunn in on loan in January. I really don't care how that makes Krul feel if its the difference between going up and not.

I think most people know he’s been great for us so far, there is no question he is a very good keeper, a premier league keeper - as good as we can realistically expect right now. But there’s another 10 players who have to help protect the teams most vulnerable position. It’s no different to saying Pukki is a bad player should he have 2 bad games in a row, which like Krul, would simply not be the case. Like I say, easy to support the players when everything’s going right...

You shouldn’t support them because you ‘have to’, you should support them because you want to, these players are Norwich City Football Club. 

• Like 1

we have had a disrupted back 4 for the last month or so;  so a little disruption is to be expected,  I am pretty sure that things will improve once we have some stability.    Likewise I dont think replacing Krul will have any impact - the issues are more with the outfield players than him.  

I would stick with the back four,  leaving hanley on the bench.   Zimmermann wasnt great on Sat but all players have off days,  and we gain more from him on the ball than we would gain by replacing him with hanley.

The one change I would consider is beefing up the deep midfield.   While Mario has played well it is clear that we are far more open when he started there compared to Leitner.  It was the same last season in games such as Preston away.    I would consider our defence will improve if we add Trybull alongside Tettey and push mario forward,  in place of Cantwell.

That is not to say I think the blame sits with either mario or todd or that they have played badly,  far from it. I just think that this change would restore some balance to the side.  

Im not sure if Trybull is the answer I feel he’s gone off the boil ? The one player I would like to see a bit more of is Srbeny hopefully we might see him play Saturday.