Sign in to follow this  
PAUL

Is anyone going to a Christmas Carol service this year

In a church or perhaps an outdoor service?

I am going to the Carols on the Green event in Martham with my girlfriend on Christmas Eve at 6pm. Normally a decent turn out of about 250 or so people and lots of families attend.

Plus a bonus is you can smoke or vape during the service if you want to. My girlfriend is a smoker (blue packet Mayfair's) so she is very happy. 

2 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Why would you feel the need to smoke during a carol service?

40 minutes ago, PAUL said:

In a church or perhaps an outdoor service?

I am going to the Carols on the Green event in Martham with my girlfriend on Christmas Eve at 6pm. Normally a decent turn out of about 250 or so people and lots of families attend.

Plus a bonus is you can smoke or vape during the service if you want to. My girlfriend is a smoker (blue packet Mayfair's) so she is very happy. 

I'm assuming you're on a wind up Paul or have had one too many, no-one would smoke at a carol service surrounded by families

11 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Probably the same reason that some people feel the need to have a pint during the game...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Don't fall for his unique style of trolling.😀

Its his first post since last Jan , bless him🤣

8 minutes ago, Diane said:

I'm assuming you're on a wind up Paul or have had one too many, no-one would smoke at a carol service surrounded by families

If it's an outdoor service there's nothing to stop people lighting one up if they choose, and many of those families may already have members who smoke, there's still around 20-25% of people who do you know...

3 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

If it's an outdoor service there's nothing to stop people lighting one up if they choose, and many of those families may already have members who smoke, there's still around 20-25% of people who do you know...

Fair enough if its outside though wouldn't want to be standing next to them

17 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

That is so true. Last year there was a family standing next to us, the two adults were both smoking and there was a older teenage girl around 16-17 with them and she was also smoking although she didn't look very old then there were two younger girls around 10-12 ish who still managed to sing fine as we could hear them loud and clear.

Most of the smokers tend to stand at the back or the sides which is what we do, that way we are still near enough to see, hear and join in. Sharing a song sheet is a bonus as well as we can stand closer together.

Which reminds me, it must be time for the 12 Huckerbys of Christmas ?  Did that feature at Saturday's game ?

Edited by It's Character Forming
Not sure how you spell the plural of Huckerby, evidently

48 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

I like a nice mince and mulled wine before a church service over Xmas 

Unlike you to have a w(h)ine. 😜

20 hours ago, Jonncfc said:

Because my girlfriend says it will help her sing better and also being in a crowd of about 250 there will be some other smokers.

18 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Ah, I get it now! When you say smoke you mean weed. What time did you say it starts?

No! - I mean cigarettes. It starts at 6pm.

38 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Ah, I get it now! When you say smoke you mean weed. What time did you say it starts?

If it's a Catholic service the incense will cover up the smell of weed. That's why the pope always looks chilled. 

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

If it's a Catholic service the incense will cover up the smell of weed. That's why the pope always looks chilled. 

No its COE (Church of England) service.

On 11/12/2018 at 16:33, Herman said:

I like the pope. The pope smokes dope.

• Haha 1