PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

The biggest irony was Trump was the only non-white in the hall

........ with him being orange and all

UK TV Adverts Quiz - By yorkesdad

56 minutes ago, Jools said:

Why don't you ask Downing Street’s policy adviser,  Munira Mirza -- She's a voice for reason against the nasty, divisive race-baiters like yourself, because she possesses a coherent ideological alternative to the Left's decades-long weaponisation of racism for class war purposes.

If you want peaceful resolution and a sensible way forward to see real economic and social progress for all minorities, you would shun the virulence of the dangerous BLM/Antifa onslaught.

WTF! You need to go and have a lie down. 😀

59 minutes ago, Jools said:

Why don't you ask Downing Street’s policy adviser,  Munira Mirza -- She's a voice for reason against the nasty, divisive race-baiters like yourself, because she possesses a coherent ideological alternative to the Left's decades-long weaponisation of racism for class war purposes.

If you want peaceful resolution and a sensible way forward to see real economic and social progress for all minorities, you would shun the virulence of the dangerous BLM/Antifa onslaught.

Funny how she said the Lammy Report would make it worse for Black people. Just political because a Tory PM asked a Labour MP to conduct the report. How can anyone say it would be worse?

Despite the howls of rage from the Trumpees about naughty youngsters falsely booking all the tickets, I've yet to see any Trumpettes actually post complaints that they couldn't get tickets.

Surely they should be out in force bemoaning the fact they could nor attend, because of this knavish trick by fiendish teenagers.

Maybe they can see that this orange faced buffoon is set to lose, heavily and so why waste time on a campaign that would do well to throw in the towel now,

4 hours ago, Jools said:

Interesting how the old revolutionary communist party are now writing conservative party policy.

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Interesting how the old revolutionary communist party are now writing conservative party policy.

I cannot see no link with Putin to them.

Putin and his lot have merely identified the unprincipled money grubbers such as Johnson , Farage and Trump and have entrapped them by funding their rise to power.

All we are beginning to see now, is the pay back.

Cummings was at the heart of Leave and now is at the heart of the UK government with Johnson his puppet unable to sack him

Sell your soul - and the devil will always enact a heavy price.

further to the above we have

'Steele’s summary evidence is likely to raise concerns that Downing Street may have suppressed the ISC’s final Russia report to avoid embarrassing questions in the run-up to the election'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/22/boris-johnson-theres-may-ignored-claims-russia-had-likely-hold-over-donald-trump-ex-spy-christopher-steele-claims

and Christopher Steele's book (out on 2nd July) will expose further the Russian influence in the Tory party and why it has being funding it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shadow-State-Murder-Russias-Remaking/dp/1783352051/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1V82NYZD5KD0N&dchild=1&keywords=shadow+state&qid=1592406328&s=books&sprefix=shadow+state%2Caps%2C143&sr=1-1

Edited by Bill

They say a wounded animal is the most dangerous, and this guy sees nothing to lose if he can just steal it again...

so attack the voting infrastructure and accuse the prior President of treason (AG Barr might do that, he's so far gone)   

Vote by Mail.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Oh the “dangerous BLM/Antifa onslaught” - have you been watching Fox News again? 

clever Bill had a (quite) a few quid on Biden to win - having made it a double with Biden to be the Democrat nominee - ' back in April

also took a spread bet on the winning margin to be 320 plus

Xmas in the Bahamas looks on 😋🍹

I hope that you are correct Bill for all our sakes. 

Quite a scary article here about how Republican led States could refuse to certify the electoral votes in their State based on “election fraud” and force the system to a default of election by Congress - which would be one vote PER STATE represented, and in Congress there are more States represented by a majority of Republicans although Democrats hold a comfortable majority of the overall seats in the House. 

So the scenario is the President could lose the popular vote by a large margin, he could also be heading to lose the Electoral Collage vote too (the vote that normally counts) but with this tactic he could win another term via Congress (I’m not sure if it said if it was this Congress or the next one, or these States Governments or the next ones also being elected Nov 04, that would be able to do that) 

One thing we have learned about the US political system is just how unfair and out of date it is, and how it has relied on goodwill to operate as well as it has in the past. It’s obviously time for reforms to be made now. 

So in summary we need a blue tidal wave in November so those reforms can be enacted, or the next authoritarian, much smarter than Mr. Trump, could take this country to a truly dark place. 

Edited by Surfer

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I hope that you are correct Bill for all our sakes. . 

The polls are steady, or marginal moving away from Trump - and have been for the past couple of months

If states like Texas move a percentage point or two more then, as with the US electoral system' the whole 36 seats go to the Democrats.  That is my reasoning behind the 320 seats.

As it stands the Democrats would probably win comfortably, so it is up to Trump to win back voters - not aim to give his nutjob core vote an 'explanation' as to why they lost

The question I would therefore pose, is

Can Trump offer something substantial in the way of a plan for the following 4 years, or is he likely to make any number of 'foul up' over the next 4 months ?

Decide that, and I would suggest you can answer your own concerns

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Quite a scary article here about how Republican led States could refuse to certify the electoral votes in their State based on “election fraud” and force the system to a default of election by Congress - which would be one vote PER STATE represented, and in Congress there are more States represented by a majority of Republicans although Democrats hold a comfortable majority of the overall seats in the House. 

So the scenario is the President could lose the popular vote by a large margin, he could also be heading to lose the Electoral Collage vote too (the vote that normally counts) but with this tactic he could win another term via Congress (I’m not sure if it said if it was this Congress or the next one, or these States Governments or the next ones also being elected Nov 04, that would be able to do that) 

One thing we have learned about the US political system is just how unfair and out of date it is, and how it has relied on goodwill to operate as well as it has in the past. It’s obviously time for reforms to be made now. 

So in summary we need a blue tidal wave in November so those reforms can be enacted, or the next authoritarian, much smarter than Mr. Trump, could take this country to a truly dark place. 

Would the US or World recognise Trump if that happened Surfer?

Remember Al Gore and the Florida chats. If the Supreme Court had ruled a recount, he would have been President instead of Dubyer. So the judiciary decided the outcome of a Presidential Election. Not popular with many at all.

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Do you really believe republicans would risk full blown civil uprising to protect Trump?

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Do you really believe republicans would risk full blown civil uprising to protect Trump?

Yes. They are playing for power not policies. if he goes down, they go with him.

Edited by Surfer

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yes. 

It would fairly quickly be sorted via the courts and so any attempt at what you suggest would be certain to fail - so why attempt it

the right tried it over when they attempted to block the lawful democratic process, and lost

The armed forces, and police would be under the direction of those decided by the courts.

Not the best of ideas to be part of a coup... if only as far as your career goes.

10 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yes. They are playing for power not policies. if he goes down, they go with him.

I get people are more cynical due to current events but really?

Trump will whine and moan about the unfairness if he loses but it'll be to save his bruised ego. 

Just now, Bill said:

It would fairly quickly be sorted via the courts and so any attempt at what you suggest would be certain to fail - so why attempt it

the right tried it over when they attempted to block the lawful democratic process, and lost

The armed forces, and police would be under the direction of those decided by the courts.

Not the best of ideas to be part of a coup... if only as far as your career goes.

I don't think that we can rely on the courts to do the right thing Bill, and Judges are elected, and so have party affiliations. You certainly can't rely on them at the State Level, nor in some of the Federal Courts. All the Supreme Court would have to do is say - "yes the Constitution allows for that" and it's a 5-4 Republican - Democrat split on that Court so the decision could go either way.

As you say, if Biden flips Texas then this all becomes moot, even if a Florida plus Wisconsin tried this tactic, it would not work. But don't minimize the scope of the tactics Republican controlled States will put in place to block the "wrong people" from voting, it has happened in Georgia, and recently Wisconsin. It does not matter if Biden has a blowout win in California and New York, he has to win these mid west States - which to be fair the polls suggest he will - in order to be the next President. 

It is very worrying to see US Attorney General Barr getting behind the President's conspiracy theories as that gives cover for Republicans Senators to refuse to fund election security and vote by mail legislation and for state level Republicans to ramp up their usual voter suppression tricks, because the Feds said they should. 

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

I get people are more cynical due to current events but really?

Trump will whine and moan about the unfairness if he loses but it'll be to save his bruised ego. 

Yup. Here in Orange County the reason we don't have to wear masks (until the Governor re-imposed a mandatory mask rule) is because the chief health officer had her home address published on-line and received death threats. So they dropped the order. Do not assume that this party has not already abandoned all morality. It has, and Trump is driving it over the cliff, although others are assisting him. 

It's why there are groups like the Lincoln Project Republicans trying to take their party back by getting Biden elected, so they can start over again, but right now the fever is still building, it has not broken. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

clever Bill had a (quite) a few quid on Biden to win - having made it a double with Biden to be the Democrat nominee - ' back in April

Any chance of sharing the betting slip for this?

its been a while since I last gambled but I was under the impression this wasn’t possible as they are related. 

e.g like a double of Norwich progressing from an FA cup semi final and winning the final. 

I think the courts would 'do the right thing' as this would not be about interpreting statute. This would be backing a coup

Trying to add legitimacy to an illegitimate government

And it would have global ramifications whereby other countries would not recognise that government - nor would the UN etc

I don't doubt the right would try to block a free election. That is what they do (see UK) so that will be up to the moderates to sort out.

There is now a growing movement to cleanse the US of Trump coming from the Republicans. That will grow,

A bunch of hill billies in a mad max type of convoy would fail.

And here is the rub, it would set back the Republican cause for a good long while.

It won't even be thought of, never mind risked.

Will have to agree to disagree on this one. It will certainly be considered and very likely risked. 

Only when understood it will fail / it has failed, will the "well of course we never meant to ... " explanations be rolled out. 

Biden has his work cut out to keep the media focused on all of these shenanigans, and not just follow the daily Trump diversion tactics. But he is in a good starting position that is for sure. 

"the whole politically correct establishment here in the UK "

What about te establishment who are not 'politically correct' ?

The so called provisionals. Those that have renounced sneering as a weapon and see bigotry as something to be reached out to, and empathised with instead.

Could they bring about a Man Friday agreement ?

Where the 'natural order 'is restored and chaps like yourself no longer feel the need to hide your identity under an assumed name.

Good God, look at the cornball falseness in the following and especially take note of the overt editing for a three and a half minute video:

🤢

Do you Lefties seriously believe Trumpski will lose to that amount of banality? 🙃

8 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

No need to. If you do some objective background work you will find some disturbing aspects within the BLM movement.

Suggest you read the article by Esther Krakue (a 24 year old black girl in the UK) in the Mail on Sunday last weekend. Supplement that with reading the BLM gofundme page. Everyone wants (or should want) genuinely equal treatment of and opportunities for all races but there are people around (and behind) that movement  who want a hell of a lot more than that!

Problem is that the whole politically correct establishment here in the UK now make it almost a crime to even think that the BLM movement may not possibly be the greatest thing ever in the history of mankind. That arrogant, puffed up Adrian Durham on Talk Sport went off on a usual rant about BLM this afternoon and then finished by saying that if any player refused to 'take the knee' they should explain their reasons to him for Christs sake!!  

I'll ask again. You can see the clear corruption and dodgy funding in the trump, Brexit, Conservative and Brexit parties yet not a peep from people like you. A movement asking for equality, a simple thing, for the black community and you are all over it, finding out who is funding, where the support is etc. Why is that? 

I disapprove of them because I have seen what they have and are doing. Not really much of a surprise at all.