PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

The sensible move would be for Trump to strand down citing health reasons, and try to negotiate some kind of deal to save his skin.

But that would be the sensible thing to do..... and it is Trump we are talking about

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

He was certainly impeached, just not convicted. The position of the Republicans post-Trump will indeed be interesting, personally I do not think they will turn back, they are who they now are, xenophobic, white nationalistic, dominionist. 

The best result is a new right of center party, but that will have to be carefully done or it could allow the residual Republicans back in again. 

Yes, Trump was impeached. There is a question about whether he - and others - might face criminal charges if he loses the election. He and Barr have certainly gone beyond the pale in politicising parts of the system, such as by firing watchdogs investigating alleged malpractice by Republican friends.

But what they - and McConnell - have succeeded in doing is cementing a locked-in rightwing bias on the Supreme Court. The two recent cases where Roberts, the right-wing chief justice, has sided with the left, and particularly over abortion, are illusory. He is politically savvy enough to know that if the anti-abortion case had won it would have killed the Republicans in November. He was in effect saving them from themselves.

Whether the Republicans can drag themselves back not to the centre-right ground but at least away from their current outer limits of insanity I don't know. Back in 1964 their candidate against Johnson was Barry Goldwater, who then was regarded as being a far-right nutjob ideologue. He would now be seen as if anything on the left of the party...

I'd be surprised. 2/3 majority in both houses is needed. Then it would go to the states and 3/4 need to vote it thru. 

Its highly unlikely that would happen. 

If it did i reckon Obama would go for a third term and beat him anyway. 

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

I'd be surprised. 2/3 majority in both houses is needed. Then it would go to the states and 3/4 need to vote it thru. 

Its highly unlikely that would happen. 

If it did i reckon Obama would go for a third term and beat him anyway. 

I reckon Jimmy Carter could beat him

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Trump announces 5 million new jobs created in June.

It's actually 4.8 million jobs for June and 7. 3 million jobs in the last two months 👍

Bad news for Slow Joe and the demoprats.

oh dear

'' Herman Cain, the former 2012 Republican presidential candidate, has tested positive for Covid-19. His team announced the results on Thursday.

Cain, something of a minor figure in the pantheon of Donald Trump’s campaign surrogates, attended the rally for Trump’s re-election campaign in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Health officials warned that attendees at that rally could contract coronavirus ''

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, Jools said:

It's actually 4.8 million jobs for June and 7. 3 million jobs in the last two months 👍

oh dear, more dumb rightie sh it

''About 2.7 million jobs were added in May and 4.8 million positions were added in June

However, the two-month rebound of 6.8 million jobs only recovers 36% of the positions lost in March and April, according to Oxford Economics. 

The number of permanent job losses in June continued to climb, rising by 588,000 to nearly 2.9 million.

However, they came after an unprecedented 22.2 million job losses in March and April.

The monthly job gains in May and June are historic, but the labor market is still facing a net loss of 14.7 million job losses from the coronavirus recession.''  USA TODAY /07/2020

So some of the 22m who have lost their jobs return, and it is some kind of economic recovery. And no connection to the increasing number of infections either. No sirree

yeh har

Edited by Bill

It's actually 4.8 million jobs for June and 7. 3 million jobs in the last two months 

Funny how you didn't copy in the 11% unemployed

On 02/07/2020 at 14:04, Jools said:

I'm sure that you will be making the same claim for Boris when they take a coupe of million people off of furlough. 

As you know the data reflects mid June, so already out of date, and does not reflect FL, TX, CA shutting down again. 

Meanwhile ... there was a slight crack in the President's "no masks needed" rhetoric yesterday, but today back on track.

Lets p*ss off the Native American tribes who land MtRushmore monument is on, but spouting off about American history and how it should "not be forgotten" i.e. the ideology of the Confederate Sates history... 

... possibly start wildfires around Mt Rushmore with the fireworks display

... probably start a viral wildfire among everyone attending (no mask required, no social distancing) 

It's like he really does want to kill off his own supporters.... 

Edited by Surfer

Hey Jools. RTB... your hero is speaking to you... those "far left fascists" are out to get you. 

Who suggested running as The Confederacy Mk II was a good idea, or was it his own idea?

If you'd like more here is the full rant.... as carried live by Fox News the US's very own propaganda channel.

Edited by Surfer

But oops.... maybe he'd be better off actually worrying about what Americans are most worried about - the CoronaVirus and it's effect on the economy. .. 

Gilfoyle.jpg

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

"Who suggested running as The Confederacy Mk II was a good idea, or was it his own idea? "

It was probably Jared.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/01/jared-kushner-trump-campaign-team-346728

He does has a tremendous record of non-acheiving since he's been in the Whitehouse. 😀

He does indeed, but I suspect in this case if anything this was against what Jared had previously been urging. My money would be either on Trump or Miller or Trump and Miller...

BLM/Democrats/Corbyn/Al Quaeda/ISIS/CNN talking with Putin about getting their hands on a nuclear weapon so that they can vandalise Mt Rushmore.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

BLM/Democrats/Corbyn/Al Quaeda/ISIS/CNN talking with Putin about getting their hands on a nuclear weapon so that they can vandalise Mt Rushmore.

which would be of limited use as Trump would only build a wall in front of it to keep them out

......................and make them pay for it  😊

Happy 4th of July everyone. Such an uplifting message of inclusion and patriotism.

Trump Claim.jpg

"...............have absolutely no clue what they are doing."

er, yes..........quite, Mr President

Trump supporters yelling at Native Americans to go home actually happened. 😀

12 hours ago, Surfer said:

Happy 4th of July everyone. Such an uplifting message of inclusion and patriotism.

Trump Claim.jpg

Indeed, an incredibly uplifting message 👍

Thanks for posting 😀

There's some hope for Trump is Kanye West does actually run like he's claiming. 

New campaign slogan. Vote for me. At least I'm not as weird as him!