Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Doctor Who

Yeah I know it''s a show for kids, but we normally have a thread discussing it. I''ve really enjoyed the first two episodes of the new series. What does everyone else think?

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]The last two Doctors have been superb. I admit to being a bit confused about the last episode, I shall view it again today.[/quote]

It made me chcukle that a lot of the die-hard Doctor Who fans were berating Moffat for making it too complex for the general audience. I''m sure that everyone realises that loose ends from the series opener(s) will form part of a story arc across the whole series and will be tied up in the finale.

First time i have watched it in a long time.It wasn''t a great episode to be honest.Won''t comment on the Dr. as it is the first one of his i have seen but his assistant is fine[Y]

Loved it, some pretty scary monsters in the first two episodes. Not seen episode three yet.Oh and his assistant is more than fine Herman...

She''s probably half my age,so don''t want to sound too much like an old perv[;)]

Wasn''t terribly impressed with the first episode of the new series. My attention wasn''t held by the storyline and I can''t stand Amy Pond''s character. She''s on a par with Donna for being annoying IMO.Haven''t been in to watch the others and frankly haven''t even been bothered to tape them either.Matt Smith does add a certain quirkiness to the role and I''ve enjoyed other programmes he''s been in so it''s not him; just not being drawn by the stories. Shame but tastes do change I suppose.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Wasn''t terribly impressed with the first episode of the new series. My attention wasn''t held by the storyline and I can''t stand Amy Pond''s character. She''s on a par with Donna for being annoying IMO.

[/quote]i''d still fill her in...[img]http://blastr.com/uploads/karen-gillan1.png[/img]

Another good episode this week. Maybe not as strong as the first two, which I though were excellent, but a decent stand alone episode nonetheless. Matt Smith is quickly becoming one of my favourite Doctors ever and, like others on this thread, I am slightly obsessed with Amy Pond [:$]

Who is the woman with the eye patch that Amy keeps seeing?

Another good episode this week. Maybe not as strong as the first two, which I though were excellent, but a decent stand alone episode nonetheless. Matt Smith is quickly becoming one of my favourite Doctors ever and, like others on this thread, I am slightly obsessed with Amy Pond [:$]

Who is the woman with the eye patch that Amy keeps seeing?

Tonights episode was incredible. I put in the OP that it''s ''a kids show'' but tonight was as good a story as I''ve seen in any timeslot this year. Beautifully written and acted.I just hope it doesn''t alienate the casual viewer and end up getting axed [:(]

Well despite a few parts of my life when I missed episodes, I have watched from the opening days.Always found it fun.See my comment about "Let''s be avin yew" Presently "mystified I am". but it is still good. I enjoyed it but slightly bemused.They talk so fast these days.I hate to say it "Oh god not another luvvie moment", but I came across the producer who brought "who" back to life,after some doldrums.John Nathan Turner. A huge character.Certainly bigger than me. People I know keep passing away. I bit saddening really.ce

[quote user="ChristopherE"]Well despite a few parts of my life when I missed episodes, I have watched from the opening days.Always found it fun.See my comment about "Let''s be avin yew" Presently "mystified I am". but it is still good. I enjoyed it but slightly bemused.They talk so fast these days.[/quote]Oh you''re not the only one who is confused. That''s what makes it so interesting [:D] Tonight wasn''t too bad though as it was just a simple (?) love story.

Don''t worry Shack Attack. I enjoyed it. Even If I am still lost in space.Not looking forward to the Sheriff of Nottingham''s offering... if it ever gets aired in the UK.Surely Lilly should have said "dad don''t do it". A bit like my contact with a long ago ex hubby. Kids are not happy. but there seems to be some sort of resolution for me.I am not sure what I feel myself.odd times.ce

Nice to see one of CEs posts in this section. As he is a retired theatre "Luvvie" it would be nice to see him reinstated to these media boards for his thoughts on the latest crop of films and music releases.

Doctor Who has won me back!I thought the first half of the season with the new Doctor felt awkward and wrong, and I was starting to question the quality of the plot writing.But, while I have been working away I have watched the second half of the season and it has reeled me in a treat, and the new doctor has settled into the part quite well for me now.

Any chance of leaving this thread to the people who want to discuss Doctor Who? You both know why the format was changed but you don''t seem to have got the message.

I see from the latest Radioo Times that the doctor and friends end up in Berlin with a dilemma.It reminds me of a years old sci-fi story of time travelling tourists returning to pre-dinosaur times with a warning "don''t damage anything".One accidentally steps on a shrew like creature. After their five minutes they are all whisked back to the future to find it changed beyond belief.I think there are a couple of books. With titles such as "What if?.... One chapterwas headed "Austrian Doctor" who  said "Yes Mrs Hitler.You have a beautiful baby boy!."   I will enjoy the new series, indeed I have done so since William Hartnell. ec

[quote user="hexem"]Just thought it sensible to change the post topic.[/quote]

Don''t upset Mr Angry by making these casual alterations without any thought for the possible consequences. Steam coming out of his ears can actually be seen on Google earth. Now get back on topic , we will have none of your anarchic mischief making on here.William Hartnell was the best Dr Who.The very first show had to be repeated the following Saturday as there was such a demand from the people who had missed it the first time.Not a lot of people know that. 

I certainly remember the first episodes in B/W. I was a weekly boarder and came home from prep school for such classics.Thalls and Daleks. I also was allowed to watch "Sunday Night at the London Palladium"as well. Probably a mistake for my later life.What did we do without VHS.  I have a £500.00 recorder that does everything, but I have to use a magnifying glass to work it.And what''s to watch anyway? Mr Angry mark 2, in jest.hex

I enjoyed that.CJT. It still seems dramatic after all those years in time and space.hex

No doubt the fact that they can kill Hitler will cross the minds of our intrepid travellers but one would assume that it turns out quite the opposite and they end up saving him. Maybe the voices in Amy(s)''s head tell her otherwise?

I grew up with the old Doctor Who, watched every episode and hid behind the sofa when I was a kid but (like old Star Trek) they were pretty crap compared to the present offerings. Everything about the new series is so much better; the plots, the dialogue, the acting, locations and SFX are all light years away from the old stuff.

Dr Who can be discussed in this Dr Who thread.Other programmes, such as Panorama, can be discussed in new threads in the Television section.