Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2018/9 - stick or bust

Still thinking about it.

If I don''t renew do I also have to find something I want to do more? That could be the tricky bit.....

It’s quite worrying that something as ridiculously temporary as “form” could sway people’s decision.

But, like I’ve always said, it’s not about football, style, pride, belonging or even tribalism for many fans. It’s about winning.

It wasn’t always like this. Back when we were “good” we used to win a lot but only got crowds of 14-16k. And it was cheap. We used to sell our best players continuously and remain competitive. Weird.

Still, as anyone will tell you, Football has changed.

So have the fans.

I sort of kept hold of my tickets this season, and when I haven''t been I can''t say I''ve missed it to much, I still stay near a radio or phone so can follow the club. but the hassle of getting in and out of the City not to mention the parking on a Saturday has made a trip to the match a bind rather than a joy.

Next season my tickets will not be renewed price freeze or not

I''ll renew, as I have done regardless for many a year and even through those thick ''n thin times.......

Although a few on here would probably love others to think that my continuing loyal renewal, is actually just a ploy to deny the opportunity of a ''real local true fan'' on that huge ST waiting list, the glorious chance of a rare valuable seat inside Carrow Road.....

Oh yeah.......

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]It’s quite worrying that something as ridiculously temporary as “form” could sway people’s decision.

But, like I’ve always said, it’s not about football, style, pride, belonging or even tribalism for many fans. It’s about winning.

It wasn’t always like this. Back when we were “good” we used to win a lot but only got crowds of 14-16k. And it was cheap. We used to sell our best players continuously and remain competitive. Weird.

So have the fans.[/quote]

“ form “ was probably the wrong word, perhaps a combination of enjoyment and excitement would be better with a touch of loyalty thrown in. I’ve been going for 55 years, doubt wether I can give this up now.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]It’s quite worrying that something as ridiculously temporary as “form” could sway people’s decision.

So have the fans.[/quote]

“ form “ was probably the wrong word, perhaps a combination of enjoyment and excitement would be better with a touch of loyalty thrown in. I’ve been going for 55 years, doubt wether I can give this up now.

I cant imagine my weekends without football, so will only ever give up my s/t when outside factors might dictate otherwise. Maybe the board rely on people like me ? maybe thats where the term happy clappers has come from through people with that viewpoint. I know that this season is going to bring more dissapointment before we experience the highs of previous times, will always attend matches (might skip a few more aways than previous) but give up my seats ? never.

Glad to hear it CANARYKING. It’d be a shame to decide to stop, especially when you’ve been through so many lean times previously. Suffering during the testing times make the good days so much better, let’s hope they return soon enough.

Not sure if the 90 mins of play is really that important. Some people just go for an afternoon/evening escape from domestic '' bliss ''. Some go to meet up with mates, relatives, have a few beers and a laugh.If you remember DLTFSYD ( Don''t Let The Football Spoil Your Day ) you won''t go far wrong.

I just think if one naff half season in the championship is enough to make you not renew then you''re probably not a fan worth holding onto anyway. 
We''ve had so many worse seasons and if you''re only in it for the good times then don''t complain (as many have done in the past) when you can''t get a ticket for the best matches.

Despite being the 3rd season in a row we''ve been shocking, I''ll renew providing the price doesn''t take the mick. I despise plastics.

Last season was well shocking. So shocking that we scored 55 goals and conceded 22. In fact one shocking game we scored six before half-time. I still renewed though....

Last season we didnt meet expectations but it wasnt an awful season. Before that we were in the prem.

It is basically half a season. In fact its two rough patches in half a season. Last season we scored plenty of goals and won a decent amount of games. Not enough but no other fans saw their team score more goals at home so can''t complain toooooo much.

[quote user="king canary"]I do not get this idea that some put on the forum that you can treat home and away form as some separate thing.[/quote]I suppose if you don''t go to away games that is easy to do KC.

I only get to two of three a year max but still, we could win every game at home but it still wouldn''t be a good season if we lost every away game...

I think if I was enjoying home games and not away games it would be a bit foolish to consider not renewing my home season ticket. Call me obtuse but I''d probably knock the away games on the head...