Sign in to follow this  
king canary

The £11m question...

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s the clubs job to stay strong and do what’s best. Selling Pritchard now is not what’s best, that’s for sure. It should have been the summer. We should have rejected all bids until then.

Why the desperation to sell now? Greed.[/quote]Why is waiting until the summer best?

[/quote]

Well, any supporter would surely want to see a quality player like Pritchard for as long as possible. And who knows what might have happened with Pritchard playing week in week out till May.

But no, we’ll wave the white flag now.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s the clubs job to stay strong and do what’s best. Selling Pritchard now is not what’s best, that’s for sure. It should have been the summer. We should have rejected all bids until then.

Why the desperation to sell now? Greed.[/quote]Why is waiting until the summer best?

[/quote]

Well, any supporter would surely want to see a quality player like Pritchard for as long as possible. And who knows what might have happened with Pritchard playing week in week out till May.

But no, we’ll wave the white flag now.[/quote]So you think we going to get the best from a player forced to stay against his will, who would have outlined his desire to leave the second Huddesfield made their first bid, why do think clubs make such low ball offers public? it turns a player''s head. Then we sell in the summer for less money, genius.

With the luxury of hindsight we now know that one of our problems has been that we held on to our expensive and under-performing players the season that we can down to the Championship.

We had too many players who thought they were to good for the Championship. But had we a crystal ball back then and took to pruning out the dead wood, the outcry from this messageboard would have been deafening.

Because we weren''t ruthless enough a couple of seasons ago we now have to let talent go that we''d prefer to keep. SO I can''t criticize the board now because they are just taking the action that should have been taken two years ago but everyone would have criticised them for.

By hanging on (showing loyalty?) to some under=performing players in the hope that they would come good, it held up the introduction of some of our youngsters. Pritchard, Madison, Canos all could have been introduced 6-12 months earlier. And now we find we have to shift the one we want to keep in order to finance the wages of those we don''t want to keep.

So in order to prevent an even worse situation two years down the line, I grudgingly accept that we have to sell off talent to keep us financially viable.

I can accept this so long as we bring in plenty of 20-21 year old hopefuls that we can coach up to acceptable levels.

It''s a big ask, but I don''t see any alternative. We discovered and nutured gems such as Lewis, Madison and Pritchard and that''s the model for the future. No more expensive signings.

So you think we going to get the best from a player forced to stay against his will, who would have outlined his desire to leave the second Huddesfield made their first bid, why do think clubs make such low ball offers public? it turns a player''s head. Then we sell in the summer for less money, genius.

Surely the compromise would be to say the deal goes through when we have a replacement.

And why would he go for less in the summer. Remember the window closes before the season starts now.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s the clubs job to stay strong and do what’s best. Selling Pritchard now is not what’s best, that’s for sure. It should have been the summer. We should have rejected all bids until then.

[/quote]

But no, we’ll wave the white flag now.[/quote]So you think we going to get the best from a player forced to stay against his will, who would have outlined his desire to leave the second Huddesfield made their first bid, why do think clubs make such low ball offers public? it turns a player''s head. Then we sell in the summer for less money, genius.[/quote]

Forced to stay against his will. lol.

Didn’t do countinho much harm.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Forced to stay against his will. lol.

Didn’t do countinho much harm.[/quote]lol trying to compare with a club owned by billionaires and in the top 4 of the Premier League... situations which are universes apart, let alone on the same planet.

We wont get £11m , £12m or £14m in year one . In the same way as we didn''t get £10m/£12m for Murphy.

Clubs don''t just write out a cheque I''m afraid.

I think Pritchard wanted to go to Huddersfield but the way some of your are talking you''d think he''d gone on strike to force the move.

I don''t see much point in keeping him until the summer as I don''t think we''re going up. However I don''t believe that if we''d said ''you''re not moving until the summer'' that he would have downed tools either.

''We wont get £11m , £12m or £14m in year one . In the same way as we didn''t get £10m/£12m for Murphy.

Clubs don''t just write out a cheque I''m afraid.''

By the same logic we don''t play for our players up front either...

If we really have sold him for as little as Huddersfield saying it is pathetic and a disgrace. Pritch is one of the best midfielders in this league and still long contract with club.

He should have been told stay until summer then can go reasonable transfer fee. He would then have incentive to play well to keep his Prem hopes alive.

[quote user="GPs Beard"]We wont get £11m , £12m or £14m in year one . In the same way as we didn''t get £10m/£12m for Murphy.

Clubs don''t just write out a cheque I''m afraid.[/quote]That''s how transfers work in general...

[quote user="CJ"]If we really have sold him for as little as Huddersfield saying it is pathetic and a disgrace. Pritch is one of the best midfielders in this league and still long contract with club.

He should have been told stay until summer then can go reasonable transfer fee. He would then have incentive to play well to keep his Prem hopes alive.[/quote]

Careful, this sort of truth makes people queasy on here.

[quote user="CJ"]He should have been told stay until summer then can go reasonable transfer fee. He would then have incentive to play well to keep his Prem hopes alive.[/quote]But aren''t ransfer fees are often lower in the summer and what supporting evidence is there to suggest that waiting until the summer will produce a reasonable transfer fee? baring in mind only Hudderfield have hown any interest. I must say I''m loving all these armchair football club directors with zero experience talking like you''ve got a clue about any of this, you can''t even get the basic facts right.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Forced to stay against his will. lol.

Didn’t do countinho much harm.[/quote]lol trying to compare with a club owned by billionaires and in the top 4 of the Premier League... situations which are universes apart, let alone on the same planet.[/quote]

Why is it? In this situation it’s all relative.

Pritchard would have still been a very sellable asset in the summer. As others point out, he’s one of the best English midfielders outside of the prem.

So why being Norwich and not Liverpool do we just give in and say off you go?

Stop defending the clubs greedy actions. I’ll remind you, we were told the Jacob and Howson sales meant nobody had to leave in Jan.

[quote user="lincoln canary "][quote user="CJ"]If we really have sold him for as little as Huddersfield saying it is pathetic and a disgrace. Pritch is one of the best midfielders in this league and still long contract with club.

He should have been told stay until summer then can go reasonable transfer fee. He would then have incentive to play well to keep his Prem hopes alive.[/quote]

Careful, this sort of truth makes people queasy on here.
[/quote]

Your truth is whatever some other club says. If our club says something it must be a lie. Why do you want to always see the worst in the club you "support"?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Why is it? In this situation it’s all relative.

Pritchard would have still been a very sellable asset in the summer. As others point out, he’s one of the best English midfielders outside of the prem.[/quote]If he''s such a sellable asset and truly one of the best outside the prem, why has only one club made an offer for him? not even a wealthy club...[quote user="lincoln canary"]So why being Norwich and not Liverpool do we just give in and say off you go?[/quote]Are you seriously that dense? Are you really unable to see the vast gulf in differences in negotiation power between us?[quote user="lincoln canary"]Stop defending the clubs greedy actions. I’ll remind you, we were told the Jacob and Howson sales meant nobody had to leave in Jan.[/quote]If it''s a greedy action, then why are we not forcing the player to stay and get even more money in summer being the greedy club we are? by saying we are greedy cashing in early and also claiming we could have got more money for him in the summer, do you not see the blinding hypocrisy?

Ginja, your seriously hard work.

Stop confusing the issue by referring to vast differences in negotiating power between Liverpool and Norwich.

It’s simple, Pritchard has a long term contract. Tell him he’s staying till the summer and he can have his move then. What has negotiating power got to do with it? Pritchards value won’t change that much between now and the summer. And we need him until then.

As for Greed. You suggestion is stupid. If the money is offered, greed takes it as soon as possible. Saves a few months wages too.

[quote user="Reading fan that wont go away"]Ginja, your seriously hard work. [/quote]
[IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/807/848/c77.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Reading fan that wont go away"]Ginja, your seriously hard work. [/quote]
[/quote]

Following me again piggy? I didn’t think you did that anymore?

Why don’t you take yourself for a little drive in that heap of sh1te in your profile pic. Good girl.

So the latest is that £11 M is wide of the mark. And Michael Bailey saying we sold Pritchard before the add-ons on his transfer kicked in, so not £8M purchase but only £5M! But they get the equivalent of these anyway via their share of the profit we have made on the sale.

So being an FPA: if we hold Wagner to his word and being generous, only £9M initial fee, profit £4M on which 25% to Spuds - so net £3M to us, plus the chance of further fees if ''Uddersfield stay in the Premier League (still a huge question mark about that). So no guarantee.

The inference in the presser today was no financial need to sell, but Farke''s requirement for adding more strikers to the squad meant had to sell first, and the club have a policy of not holding players to their contract if they have set themselves on somewhere else.

So what magic can Webber do with £3M. If you ask me SFA!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Pritchard has a long term contract. Tell him he’s staying till the summer and he can have his move then. Pritchards value won’t change that much between now and the summer. And we need him until then.

[/quote]That''s a big gamble, maybe Huddersfield don''t want him anymore, maybe he get injured again, maybe they come back with a lower offer knowing we can''t afford his wages. It''s this kind of gambling that got us in the mess in the first place, we can''t afford to do that anymore. No doubt if it didn''t pay off you''d be the first here whineing the club should have got a better deal for him in January.[quote user="lincoln canary"]As for Greed. You suggestion is stupid. If the money is offered, greed takes it as soon as possible. Saves a few months wages too.[/quote]No it''s your suggestion that is stupid, for it to be greed the wealth has to be accumilated, yet there is no evidence of such activities, the accounts are there for all to see or are you one of the batsh*t conspiracy thoerists who think Delia is pocketing the money of the sale...?

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Pritchard has a long term contract. Tell him he’s staying till the summer and he can have his move then. Pritchards value won’t change that much between now and the summer. And we need him until then.

[/quote]That''s a big gamble, maybe Huddersfield don''t want him anymore, maybe he get injured again, maybe they come back with a lower offer knowing we can''t afford his wages. It''s this kind of gambling that got us in the mess in the first place, we can''t afford to do that anymore. No doubt if it didn''t pay off you''d be the first here whineing the club should have got a better deal for him in January.[quote user="lincoln canary"]As for Greed. You suggestion is stupid. If the money is offered, greed takes it as soon as possible. Saves a few months wages too.[/quote]No it''s your suggestion that is stupid, for it to be greed the wealth has to be accumilated, yet there is no evidence of such activities, the accounts are there for all to see or are you one of the batsh*t conspiracy thoerists who think Delia is pocketing the money of the sale...?[/quote]

Are you one of the brain dead nieve ones that think she isn’t benefitting?

Selling so early in the window to the first bidder is simply pathetic unless the money received is going to be spent during the remainder of the window.

Let''s hope that''s the case or Webber has just made himself out to be a grade A clown!

[quote user="iShouldBeOnAReadingForum"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Reading fan that wont go away"]Ginja, your seriously hard work. [/quote]
[/quote]

Why don’t you take yourself for a little drive in that heap of sh1te in your profile pic. Good girl.[/quote]
I''m glad to see i''m not getting to you whatsoever [:)]
What''s in my profile pic? I can''t see as I type. Is it my old Alfa? I don''t have that anymore. Lovely car mind and actually reliable for 2 good years when I couldn''t afford to change because I was buying a property. Or is it my old MG TF? That really was cheap! Great fun though, and looking past badges etc I was the only one at 18 driving a RWD sports car. I mean it broke A LOT but it was all part of the character, part of the charm. 
Which is why I like you. Sure you''re thick, you lie quite a lot and when you see a vague opportunity to slate a club you have no affiliation with you grab it with both hands. I think that''s all part of your character. I''d say it makes you unique but there''s about another 7 examples on this forum alone.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="iShouldBeOnAReadingForum"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Reading fan that wont go away"]Ginja, your seriously hard work. [/quote]
[/quote]

Why don’t you take yourself for a little drive in that heap of sh1te in your profile pic. Good girl.[/quote]
I''m glad to see i''m not getting to you whatsoever [:)]
What''s in my profile pic? I can''t see as I type. Is it my old Alfa? I don''t have that anymore. Lovely car mind and actually reliable for 2 good years when I couldn''t afford to change because I was buying a property. Or is it my old MG TF? That really was cheap! Great fun though, and looking past badges etc I was the only one at 18 driving a RWD sports car. I mean it broke A LOT but it was all part of the character, part of the charm. 
Which is why I like you. Sure you''re thick, you lie quite a lot and when you see a vague opportunity to slate a club you have no affiliation with you grab it with both hands. I think that''s all part of your character. I''d say it makes you unique but there''s about another 7 examples on this forum alone.
[/quote]

Piggy, do you understand the difference between an opinion and a lie? For a grammar officer, I would have thought so. But clearly not. And yet you band the thick word about? Ironic, eh?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Are you one of the brain dead nieve ones that think she isn’t benefitting?[/quote]Oh this will be good, so how is Delia benefiting financially from the sale of Pritchard exactly?