Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Farke

[quote user="hogesar"]What an absolute joke of a thread and shows the arrogance and ignorance of some.

Making Plans says its not good enough[/quote]If you read my post then you will see that I clearly say that he needs to change things.Losing frequently to bottom Clubs, not scoring goals, not getting the best out of our squad, and producing generally boring football is obviously good enough for some supporters but there are many who are rapidly coming to the opinion that we have gone off in completely the wrong direction and if we are not careful we are going to be up sh*te creek without a paddle.If you are happy to watch rubbish football that goes nowhere & settle for mid table mediocrity then fine.But if you want football that is more positive, more entertaining and more exciting then something needs to change. Bearing in mind that Mr Stone said only this week that  the reason for bringing change into the

structure of the club was to put us on a better footing to achieve

promotion first time around
" then change needs to happen quickly.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I am interested in where people expect us to be after 4 transfer windows - so that’s 2nd half of next season.

It’s almost certain that Pritchard, Maddison, Oliveira and Klose would have left. Prices would also have continued to increase. You would probably be looking at close to 20million for a top Champs striker so it’s likely that we won’t be shopping in those markets.

We may also be stuck with the older & higher earning squad members.

I can’t see how we are going to be any better off?[/quote]Is that certain in the same sense that Klose was certain to leave this summer, and if I remember correctly the summer before also?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[/quote]
You are "Daft As A Brush" and I claim my fiver....
It''s a shame you couldn''t go back and take a look around Carrow Road and Colney 20 years ago. Time travel would help a failing memory.
Your non progression is one-eyed at best.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[/quote]
It''s a shame you couldn''t go back and take a look around Carrow Road and Colney 20 years ago. Time travel would help a failing memory.
[/quote]Is football a results business?

[quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[/quote]

[/quote]
It would seem not. If it were we''d all be supporting someone else.

Re Klose leaving

He was injured at the start of this season - I’m not sure if that had any bearing on any potential sales. Also, it will now be in our interests to move players on - we have a huge gap in our finances that needs plugging

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]So why bother with keeping score?

[quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Because that''s how matches are decided.
I think after all these years you''d finally twig that if it''s only results that matter you''re supporting the wrong club.

[quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"]Following on from my previous question and just purely out of interest, would it have bothered you if we had lost to the binners?

[/quote]
We did in the 90s....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]20 years ago we finished 15th in this division. Today we sit 13th.Your "progression" is nominal at best.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Because that''s how matches are decided.
I think after all these years you''d finally twig that if it''s only results that matter you''re supporting the wrong club.
[/quote]So football is all about the results? Come on Nige, which is it? Do the results matter or not? If they don''t why do you bother watching at all? Is it just so you have something to do on a Saturday? If you''re not keen on the competition side of things, may I suggest you take up rambling. The people involved seem to enjoy themselves and their not at all concerned with keeping score. The added bonus would be that we wouldn''t have to read your inane pro-Delia twaddle every five minutes.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"]Following on from my previous question and just purely out of interest, would it have bothered you if we had lost to the binners?

[/quote]
We did in the 90s....
[/quote]And that didn''t bother you?

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Pain In The Butt Apostrophe"]Following on from my previous question and just purely out of interest, would it have bothered you if we had lost to the binners?

[/quote]
We did in the 90s....
[/quote]And that didn''t bother you?

[/quote]p.s. Bob the Builder developed Colney in the 90''s, did he do a good job?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Ibet you''re good at rambling....[/quote]Not really, it''s not competitive enough for me.But anywho, back to the topic we were discussing. Do results matter?

We’re 3 points outside the play offs with 3 of our better players hopefully soon to return from injury. We will be stepping the 2nd half off the season than the 1st. Game on

You can’t say we’ve progressed based on the facilities of Conley and Carrow Road.

We have progressed at times in the last 20 years, but ultimately we’ve missed some big opportunities to cement the progression, and become a better, more established club. We’re now firmly in regression to where we were in the mid 90’s.

The amount of money we’ve wasted in recent years on abysmal transfers is bordering on criminal. The financial support given to a doomed Alex Neil was dam right ludicrous.

We pulled a rabbit out the hat with McNally and Lambert. I can’t see us getting that fortunate again. Bar those two, name another successful managerial / MD appointment made by this board. Worthy maybe? They’ve overseen some dreadful appointments.

[quote user="Iwans feckin apostrophe thats stuck in the 90s"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Ibet you''re good at rambling....[/quote]Not really, it''s not competitive enough for me.But anywho, back to the topic we were discussing. Do results matter?

[/quote]
That wasn''t the topic we were discussing. The topic we were discussing was whether the club had progressed since the 90s. I will make the case...
In 1998 we were one of the first championship clubs to move into the twenty first century when we embraced sports science. The old guard kicked and screamed but we did it and appointed Bruce Rioch because he had that experience with Arsenal. Now ten years later we are again one of the first Championship clubs to embrace the sporting director/head coach model in place now. If you look around us you can see lots of clubs stuck in the 90s. Even clubs with these wonderful rich investors. How else does ''arry keep getting a job? I reckon he may get ones last hurrah at the Portaloo. I hope so...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans feckin apostrophe thats stuck in the 90s"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Ibet you''re good at rambling....[/quote]Not really, it''s not competitive enough for me.But anywho, back to the topic we were discussing. Do results matter?

[/quote]
That wasn''t the topic we were discussing. The topic we were discussing was whether the club had progressed since the 90s. I will make the case...
In 1998 we were one of the first championship clubs to move into the twenty first century when we embraced sports science. The old guard kicked and screamed but we did it and appointed Bruce Rioch because he had that experience with Arsenal. Now ten years later we are again one of the first Championship clubs to embrace the sporting director/head coach model in place now. If you look around us you can see lots of clubs stuck in the 90s. Even clubs with these wonderful rich investors. How else does ''arry keep getting a job? I reckon he may get ones last hurrah at the Portaloo. I hope so...
[/quote]

Jesus Christ, your heads gone.

Are you really suggested we’ve progressed based on this drivel!? Sorry, but that is scraping the barrel.

So the fact that we have had five seasons in the PL since the 90s doesn''t count.
The fact that the club has progressed and is unrecognisable from the mess in the 90s doesnt count.
The only thing that counts is these last three defeats. And it''s me scraping the barrel?

Errrr, weren’t ‘uddersfiekd the first championship club to go along those lines NN, or am I mistaken in that Mr Webber worked there with Mr Wagner as his coach?!

If it was just Uddersfield i would have said one of the first two. I''m not that confident it''s just them so I said one of the first. If I,coopius returns my specs you can borrow them ☺

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If you seriously think the club hasn''t progressed since the 90s you must go through life in a coma Baldy ☺[/quote]

As somebody else pointed out we did progress but now we are regressing sadly!

Have we progressed? To me, no. But we have maintained position with some bloomin'' good times (and fewer bad) in between. But we are still a mid table second tier side. I don''t see much difference between us and a host of other clubs in this league, it is ultra competitive and the fine margins between succeeding or not are not going ourcway quite at the moment. One advantage of this new model is that we can get rid of the sporting director or the manager or both if needs be. We are a way off that but it will he interesting who is the first to be booted whenever that happens.

But we have had chances to be more than where we are right now which is not about entitlement but frustration at missed opportunities. The moments when we could have had that competeitive differentiator and maybe still be a PL club, which would have been genuine progression. That makes me more sad than the odd defeat, a club our size and situation won''t get too many chances and if we are a Cameron Jerome and not take them we, like him, will become just a journeyman.

FWIW I think Farke has been given a tough job and while its been up and down has shown an ability to adapt which is promising in the longer term.

I think it''s possible to be disappointed by these last few results without throwing away the last twenty years. It cannot be argued that if our owners were richer they''d be even better but it can be argued that lots of richer owners haven''t been so successful.

If you look at how many clubs are established in the PL you''ll see it''s not as easy as you think. Have half the ckubs been there 6 seasons or less? That churn is what gives us hope but it also brings disappointment.

[quote user="Reading Fan Boy"]

The amount of money we’ve wasted in recent years on abysmal transfers is bordering on criminal. The financial support given to a doomed Alex Neil was dam right ludicrous.

We pulled a rabbit out the hat with McNally and Lambert. I can’t see us getting that fortunate again. Bar those two, name another successful managerial / MD appointment made by this board. Worthy maybe? They’ve overseen some dreadful appointments.[/quote]McNally was running the club, you can''t shower him with plaudits whilst listing the reasons where he screwed up.