Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Farke

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans feckin apostrophe thats stuck in the 90s"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Ibet you''re good at rambling....[/quote]Not really, it''s not competitive enough for me.But anywho, back to the topic we were discussing. Do results matter?

[/quote]
That wasn''t the topic we were discussing. The topic we were discussing was whether the club had progressed since the 90s. I will make the case...
In 1998 we were one of the first championship clubs to move into the twenty first century when we embraced sports science. The old guard kicked and screamed but we did it and appointed Bruce Rioch because he had that experience with Arsenal. Now ten years later we are again one of the first Championship clubs to embrace the sporting director/head coach model in place now. If you look around us you can see lots of clubs stuck in the 90s. Even clubs with these wonderful rich investors. How else does ''arry keep getting a job? I reckon he may get ones last hurrah at the Portaloo. I hope so...
[/quote]So to go full circle as it were, when Watling passed off the club to your pals we finished that season 13th in this division and we now currently sit 13th. Do you think that''s a marked improvement on when your mates took over? If you''re convinced that is progression then anything else you have ever said cannot be taken seriously can it? We may have had some time in the top flight, but NOW is all that matters. If it''s history you''re interested in may I suggest you start taking regular trips down the A140 on a Saturday. From what I hear they could do with your type of "support".

Now just hold on a moment Mr Brush. It was your interest in history that started this conversation. Perhaps you live a little further down the a140 then me.

As for your other daft question of course results matter. Thats why we all get disappointed when they go against us. But the last three results don''t matter any more than the previous three. If you don''t believe that look at the league table.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Either he needs to wake his ideas up and change the way we play or he needs to go. Norwich supporters will not stand for the current way we play if it is not getting results. This is the English Championship, not some tippy tappy 3rd rate league in Germany. We have the players to play much better than we are but we are getting bogged down with this obsession to keep possession rather than actually playing to our strengths. Won''t be long before the crowd turns and the dressing room is lost.It needs sorting out one way or the other over the International break.Probably time for the Board to bite the bullet and admit that they''ve got it wrong yet again.[/quote]So 3 weeks on from my OP.International break to sort things out, change things, improve things and nothing has been sorted out, improved or changed.If anything it gets worse every game.Two more games gone by, against bang average opposition, one goal, one point, clueless and slipping down the slippery slope.Shambles.