Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Come on everyone, that's a good window....

[quote user="lake district canary"]Did someone fart?  Oh no it was only morty talking out of his usual orifice. Can''t bear me having a normal conversation with anyone.[:D]

[/quote]You two remind me of a couple who only communicate by post-it note or ask the kids to tell ( insert name here ) that ( insert name here ) wants......[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Did someone fart?  Oh no it was only morty talking out of his usual orifice. Can''t bear me having a normal conversation with anyone.[:D]

[/quote]You two remind me of a couple who only communicate by post-it note or ask the kids to tell ( insert name here ) that ( insert name here ) wants......[:D][/quote]Its hilariously tragic, isn''t it?[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Did someone fart?  Oh no it was only morty talking out of his usual orifice. Can''t bear me having a normal conversation with anyone.[:D]

[/quote]You two remind me of a couple who only communicate by post-it note or ask the kids to tell ( insert name here ) that ( insert name here ) wants......[:D][/quote]

Being stalked and having every post dissected to try and find an angle has the effect  of putting you off someone. His obsession is such that it is totally unhealthy to have anything to do with him once he decides you are persona non grata. You can''t reason with him, he doesn''t accept things you say as the truth and the more you try to get through to him, the worse he gets.  He is imo a useless poster because although he is an avid supporter, his footballing posts are far outweighed by his playing keyboardy games. He could change and just accept people as they are, but he has shown no signs of doing that in the seven years I''ve been on this board, so he''s had his chance in my book. It''s got to the stage where I can''t even hint of disagreeing with someone and him charging in and accusing me of being contrary for the sake of it - and I believe that prolific and sustained campaign over a number of years now has affected other people''s view of me. Mud sticks.  I may be opinionated and some of my views unpopular - but every single opinion I have put forward on this message board ever, has been a genuine one - well informed or not - and even if I go on too much about them - they are 100% genuine.  No doubt I''ve gone on too much about it again, but unless he backs off, he''ll get no peace from me. I daresay people can look forwards to a "lol" or a smiley face after this post.

You have my sympathy LDC.

An opinion is just that,an opinion, and as such cannot be wrong.

That said, someone else may have a different opinion, that they are, of course, entitled to air.

Personal agendas should have no place here.

VanWink wrote the following post at 02/02/2017 6:21 PM:

Let''s try and cut out all this bullying.

No arguments from me, vanwink.

You just can''t stop yourself can you.

If you cut out the bully boy tactics I''m sure this would be a better place.

You say some knobend things sometimes and Morty brings it all back to him in a deluded pisstake. However this is just another thread brought back to a tedious bitchfest.

We have missed an opportunity to throw you both out of the transfer window!

I don''t want to sound sour, however I can''t say i''m delighted, I personally think our business was OK. Facts are that we got rid of two well established players and replaced them with one established player (Yanic) and someone who has shown promise however hasn''t been playing 1st team football and has never played in England before. I have watched a number of videos of them playing and being interviewed and I can''t deny they both look like exciting players. The wages Bassong and Bennett are on probably means it''s hard for us to move them on, though I think considering our record at conceding goals, we should''ve signed a CB. If our record continues then once again the board have made the club an easy target to criticism.

I''m looking forward to seeing how Morris will do at Rotherham, i''m not expecting big things, but it would be great if he can prove his is capable at this level. The lad seems to have been around for ages but still only 19!

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Free[/quote]You appear confused brizzle, you''re either bored of the thread derailing, or you''re joining in with it.[;)]

Can''t agree it was a good window.

We are arguably at status quo first team numbers wise but one is only a loan player.

If having a few bob in the bank is what it is about then yes it was good.

I think Brady was overrated and Ollson underrated but we obviously will need to be convinced that we have an improvement in our new lads.

It can''t be denied that from what we know the squad has been weakened. Brady and Ollson have gone to the PL. If the two Dutchmen had been wanted in the PL then I doubt they''d have come here. But then I don''t think you could realistically expect to strengthen the team the season after being relegated. A better question may be is the squad after the two windows as good as we could have realistically expected. I think it could be given that we kept some players we thought we''d lose. The Murphys form helped soften the Redmond loss. So if the two Dutch lads are decent and settle in quickly we are probably as strong as we could have hoped.

I can''t say they have weakened the team as both Olsson and Brady have been the two which appear to have been wanting out since the summer, now I''m only surmising but if they were the two with negative heads it might have been having an impact to the squad.

Two new young fresh faces with something to prove must be a positive, also it''s pretty common to cut the costs during an uncertain season, we have no guarantee of the playoffs never mind promotion, so I''m pleased that the board are using this window to sell a couple assets but try to get in the best quality we can afford and attract.

I''m looking forward to seeing them both play.