Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If I saw my mate smithy wearing a halfy scarf he would spin like a top, I''d rip it off him that quick[;)][/quote]Thought it was a bit unlikely!  Halfy''s as far as I knew were ''unacceptable'' for want of a better word![/quote]Relax Morty.....we get too much spin coming out of Carrow Rd as it is.As I''m sure you are aware my scarf is a slinky little '' half & half '' number exquisitely tooled, " Norwich City FC - The Canaries " upon both surfaces and has been lovingly assembled by time-served craftsmen in a land far, far away. Subtle yellow and green shades along it''s entire length upon which rests the delicate tooling compliment each other to perfection.Inexplicably it has somehow escaped the attentions of fashion houses in Paris, Rome and London thus far but it''s surely only a matter of time...[;)]

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]No one blames you for not being able to make games. It''s the high horse opinions and lectures you give on how those that do attend should behave that winds people up..[/quote]

Some people take pleasure in drumming home the "you don''t go to matches" card for the sake of it  and try to enforce a "your opinion is worthless if you don''t go to the game" dictat - and lets not pretend that doesn''t happen. But if my stuff is lecture or high horse opinion, it is done from a stand point of a firm opinion on what I would and wouldn''t myself as a supporter.  I have never booed my team''s players during a match, have never called out a manager in a match and never would - however bad things seemed. We''ve all seen how AN has ridden the storm and the bad run....so was all the anti-chanting and booing really necessary? Did it help?  And is it so bad that I - or anyone else - should ask that question?   Difficult questions are not something people should avoid - imo. They are there to challenge people - like the saga over the Ipsh*t results.  I get abuse just because I ask questions. That to me is because people don''t want to have their views and long held views challenged. But why shouldn''t they be challenged - and by another Norwich supporter?  I''m genuinely sorry if I upset people, but it won''t stop me from expressing what I really think - and as a supporter - imo - you don''t boo your own or run down your own, especially during a tight match.  And if there are one or two nobheads on here who think I am contary just  for the sake of it then more fool them.  My only interest is in seeing the club do well.Sorry for the lecture. [:$]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]If I saw my mate smithy wearing a halfy scarf he would spin like a top, I''d rip it off him that quick[;)][/quote]Thought it was a bit unlikely!  Halfy''s as far as I knew were ''unacceptable'' for want of a better word![/quote]Relax Morty.....we get too much spin coming out of Carrow Rd as it is.As I''m sure you are aware my scarf is a slinky little '' half & half '' number exquisitely tooled, " Norwich City FC - The Canaries " upon both surfaces and has been lovingly assembled by time-served craftsmen in a land far, far away. Subtle yellow and green shades along it''s entire length upon which rests the delicate tooling compliment each other to perfection.Inexplicably it has somehow escaped the attentions of fashion houses in Paris, Rome and London thus far but it''s surely only a matter of time...[;)][/quote]Haha, I wouldn''t share beer with you if you even had a sniff of halfy about you[;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]No one blames you for not being able to make games. It''s the high horse opinions and lectures you give on how those that do attend should behave that winds people up..[/quote]

Some people take pleasure in drumming home the "you don''t go to matches" card for the sake of it  and try to enforce a "your opinion is worthless if you don''t go to the game" dictat - and lets not pretend that doesn''t happen. But if my stuff is lecture or high horse opinion, it is done from a stand point of a firm opinion on what I would and wouldn''t myself as a supporter.  I have never booed my team''s players during a match, have never called out a manager in a match and never would - however bad things seemed. We''ve all seen how AN has ridden the storm and the bad run....so was all the anti-chanting and booing really necessary? Did it help?  And is it so bad that I - or anyone else - should ask that question?   Difficult questions are not something people should avoid - imo. They are there to challenge people - like the saga over the Ipsh*t results.  I get abuse just because I ask questions. That to me is because people don''t want to have their views and long held views challenged. But why shouldn''t they be challenged - and by another Norwich supporter?  I''m genuinely sorry if I upset people, but it won''t stop me from expressing what I really think - and as a supporter - imo - you don''t boo your own or run down your own, especially during a tight match.  And if there are one or two nobheads on here who think I am contary just  for the sake of it then more fool them.  My only interest is in seeing the club do well.Sorry for the lecture. [:$]

[/quote]No you''re not, and you have just completely proved his point.Well played.

Lakey, is there anything about your childhood you''d like to share with the group that has left you feeling so "needy"?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Lakey, is there anything about your childhood you''d like to share with the group that has left you feeling so "needy"?[/quote]The only thing I "need" is for people to take posts at face value, something some people don''t seem able to do.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Fuzzar"]Lakey, is there anything about your childhood you''d like to share with the group that has left you feeling so "needy"?[/quote]The only thing I "need" is for people to take posts at face value, something some people don''t seem able to do.

[/quote]When its the same person making the same stupid posts, over and over, it aint gonna happen, is it?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]So, is someone, who isn''t going on Tues, going to tell LDC how to behave ?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]So, is someone, who isn''t going on Tues, going to tell LDC how to behave ?[/quote]If they like. I can either agree or disagree with them. I certainly won''t abuse them.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]So, is someone, who isn''t going on Tues, going to tell LDC how to behave ?[/quote]If they like. I can either agree or disagree with them. I certainly won''t abuse them.

[/quote]"And if there are one or two nobheads on here"About 5 posts above.You really don''t have a very good memory, do you?

here''s a thought?......maybe some of the booing and calling for the manager during and after our run of 9 defeats in 12 was a contributory factor in giving everyone at the club the much needed kick up the ar$e to now be 2nd in the form table?

So everyone who was involved in that give yourselves a good pat on the back......all of you who buryed your heads in the sand and carried on pretending that all was well. hang your heads.

That''s not necessarily the case GJL. Infact it could have contributed to a longer period of poor form. Now there''s a thought...

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]What is the catering like at Wigan and any recommendations?

Tilly had mentioned before that the salad 🥗 is decent[/quote]With you being a salad dodger Mr Warner it has obviously not been on your radar that there is a severe shortage at the moment so i suggest you continue to have a large intake of calories.

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]What is the catering like at Wigan and any recommendations?[/quote]They do put gravy on their scampi up there Mr C, supposed to be nice. [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]What is the catering like at Wigan and any recommendations?[/quote]They do put gravy on their scampi up there Mr C, supposed to be nice. [:)][/quote]

ooooh err