Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

Mark Walton

On Radio Norfolk today one of if not the best co-commentator I''ve heard. Spoke to much sense described everything that Norwich should be doing..... I hate listening to Norwich on Radio but wasnt going to travel to Cardiff again in view of recent away performances. So tuned into RN instead. I know people will say Neil Adams went from co-commentator to manager, but imo Walton spoke far for sense than NA ever did. I''m in no way saying he should be our Manager, but i cannot understand why he hasnt gone into management!!!!!

[quote user="ricardo"]Some intelligent comment but tended to talk a bit too much.[/quote]^^^ That.Sure I heard him call Cameron "Cameroon" too[:D]

I don''t think it was as much talking too much as getting his timing wrong.

When Goreham asked him for a comment there was often a few seconds of silence. He seemed to be attempting to formulate a decent reply - rather than saying the first thing that came into his head. Unfortunately this often meant his reply overran into the events on the pitch.

But generally I thought he was an intelligent & informative commentator. Disturbingly seemed to have a thing going on for Dijks'' hips ...

He gave a good insight and clearly understands the game but spoke over Goreham too much. Also think he was forgetting sometimes that we, as radio listeners, can''t actually see the game in front of him.

Only tuned in on Ustream for the last few minutes, what with his accent and continually talking over Goreham, I thought the radio stream had got a home and away commentary on at the same time! Seemed to be quite passionate though.

From Flown from the Nest:

As of September 2013, he works for Cricket Wales as a researcher and community coach, whilst studying for a Masters degree in Sports Psychology at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

So should have some idea what he''s talking about re sport, if not radio commentary.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Well he can''t be any worse than what Paul McVeigh is.[/quote]

The worst combination is Paul McVeigh and Bob Rutler. They set each other off and the programme loses focus completely and descends into farce.

The boy Downs is the best summariser and Norwich nearly always win with him on.

Walton is coming a good second, but needs to polish his performance by not commentating over the commentator. A good debut though.

[quote user="ricardo"]Some intelligent comment but tended to talk a bit too much.[/quote]

This 1000%. I don''t get the love in, as he chattted on and on. Sometimes to the point where you knew you were missing things that were happening because he was trying to give his tactical opinion during a live game.