Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

vote with your feet

Irrespective of season tickets, if the ground was empty they''d get the message pretty damn quickly!

No atmosphere, no support, our team would struggle. Changes would be made quickly.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Irrespective of season tickets, if the ground was empty they''d get the message pretty damn quickly!

No atmosphere, no support, our team would struggle. Changes would be made quickly.[/quote]

this

as for the questions ive not answered - i cba, they are there to start arguments and not relevant to my suggestion, which is actually quite sensible for those who want change, if the board wont act you have to give them a reason to, and theyve already stated they plan to stick with him despite it clearly going badly wrongshow them what an empty stadium feels like and theyll sack him at half time

I''ve got another good idea. Why don''t all those who don''t go get tickets and practice what they preach either by staying at home or turning up and protesting?

There are plenty on here who "vote with their feet" whether we''re winning, losing, playing at home or away or if it''s the league, cup or 5-a-side.

As such, I''ll do the same as them. What I normally do. I''ll go to home games. I''ll go to the cup game. And if I want to go away, I''ll do that too.

In short, I''ll support my team how I SEE FIT, and not how someone I''ve never met tells me to because we''ve lost a few games and they want people to sulk with.

If only it was on the PlayStation, you could "rage quit"!!!

[quote user="AJ"]I''ve just tried voting with my feet but gripping a pen with your toes is quite tricky[/quote]Agreed, totally out of the question with my Arthritis.

I can''t see the point of voting with your feet, football for me has been all about fun, friends and community, following City has been a privilege, 40 years (sometimes I''ve been unable to make games by being offshore or playing but always family or friends take my ticket) but Noe at 48 I''ve found myself just enjoying other things with fellow Canaries passed away or moved away and I''ve asked my wife if it''s time to do other things and we both agree that the time is right to stop ourseason tickets.

I can lay some blame on the BOD, but mostly that football has moved to a place I can''t say I like. This includes NCFC, the last few years we are treated more like customers and it''s not great for a community club.

Don''t vote with your feet, stay and support the club you love, but if you feel it''s not for you then yes do other things!

people aren''t going to stay way when they''ve already paid....renewal time, now that’s when it will speak volumes...

[quote user="Syteanric"]people aren''t going to stay way when they''ve already paid....renewal time, now that’s when it will speak volumes...[/quote]

But thats where the problem lies, im not suggesting taking money away from the club because that would be suicide from a fan perspective, im saying the fans need to demonstrate their unhappiness and drop the board a big hint  that an empty stadium is what they could faceyou cant gather large demonstrations these days, youll get arrested, so dont turn up in bulk, send them a message

or just keep clapping because theres nothing else around here to watch

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Syteanric"]people aren''t going to stay way when they''ve already paid....renewal time, now that’s when it will speak volumes...[/quote]

But thats where the problem lies, im not suggesting taking money away from the club because that would be suicide from a fan perspective, im saying the fans need to demonstrate their unhappiness and drop the board a big hint  that an empty stadium is what they could faceyou cant gather large demonstrations these days, youll get arrested, so dont turn up in bulk, send them a message

or just keep clapping because theres nothing else around here to watch [/quote]

So you''re advising people who have paid for their seats to stay away when you haven''t actually bought one yourself.

As already suggested, put your money where your month is. Buy a ticket for the Southampton game and don''t turn up. It''s only £25.

On second thoughts, I assume you will do what you probably always do, i.e. stay at home and watch the game on Radio Norfolk.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Syteanric"]people aren''t going to stay way when they''ve already paid....renewal time, now that’s when it will speak volumes...[/quote]

or just keep clapping because theres nothing else around here to watch [/quote]

So you''re advising people who have paid for their seats to stay away when you haven''t actually bought one yourself.

As already suggested, put your money where your month is. Buy a ticket for the Southampton game and don''t turn up. It''s only £25.[/quote]I get the feeling that this would be a bit like me telling people to boycott going to games.[:S]

[quote user="Webbo118"]So you''re advising people who have paid for their seats to stay away .[/quote]

yesbecause you dont have the balls to take a banner or protest outside the stadium, and you wont get enough people together these days because it aint like it used to be ;)

And STILL you don''t answer the questions:-

1) How many season tickets have you bought?

2) Are you prepared to buy a ticket for the Southampton game and stay away?

There are so many people who are brilliant at talking the talk. But when it comes to walking the walk !!!!! Where are they?

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Webbo118"]So you''re advising people who have paid for their seats to stay away .[/quote]

yesbecause you dont have the balls to take a banner or protest outside the stadium, and you wont get enough people together these days because it aint like it used to be ;) [/quote]

I protested outside the stadium n the Chase days. I protested outside the stadium after the Burnley game in the Worthy days. Where were you or didn''t you have the balls to do it? Sitting at home listening to it all on Radio Norfolk?

That''s my sad claim to fame! I got on the national news standing on the old wall behind the city stand holding a chase out banner! That type of thing would never happen now, no matter how bad it got. We clapped our way into league 1!

..actually turning up and making your displeasure heard is always far more effective than not being there at all

....so far protesting during the game has been "off limits" ,so that''s the next stage to overcome, ....sustained chants of "Neil Out" or "Delia Out" from a full stadium, whilst a game is going on at Carrow Road will be far more effective than any number of people staying away.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Good luck with getting an answer Webbo.[/quote]

Thanks. I won''t be holding my breath. In fact, I don''t really need an answer because we all know what it is !!