Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I''m pleased you have realised you mistake and admitted you were wrong.

Thank you."

Yes, I''ve just Wiki''d him and it seems he did quite a good job as head of recruitment at WBA, mostly players from Europe actually and not our lower leagues as I suggested.

Still I am enlightened and remain excited that he can soon start to repeat his exploits at the Hawthorns, and to a lesser degree at Reading, at Carrow Road.

Interestingly Youssef Mulumbu was one player he brought to Albion.[/quote]

Another salutary lesson for you.A bit of research always helps.

Mulumbu was excellent at West Brom so can''t really be held against Spearing.

Interestingly he''s not listed on the ''football staff'' page on the website but Darnbrough is- didn''t realise he was still here.

"Another salutary lesson for you.

A bit of research always helps."

Oh Gawd! Another one.

Why be surprised this is the Pinkun site after all.

Yes I have learnt a "salutary lesson" (very) about making a casual remark one of our Club''s employees (several actually) without doing my research.

Btw: You still haven''t enlightened me re: Spearing''s previous successful recruitments from the lower leagues though, as I respectfully requested.

Just a couple will do.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Another salutary lesson for you.

A bit of research always helps."

Oh Gawd! Another one.

Why be surprised this is the Pinkun site after all.

Yes I have learnt a "salutary lesson" (very) about making a casual remark one of our Club''s employees (several actually) without doing my research.

Btw: You still haven''t enlightened me re: Spearing''s previous successful recruitments from the lower leagues though, as I respectfully requested.

Just a couple will do.[/quote]I don''t have to answer your questions.You have the internet at your finger tips, you could enlighten yourself.

"I don''t have to answer your questions.

You have the internet at your finger tips, you could enlighten yourself."

You seemed to have the answer when you rebuked me for saying that our scouts had "no history of recruiting players from the lower leagues."

Now all of a sudden you don''t seem to know the truth or otherwise of this statement.

We all have the internet at our fingertips.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I don''t have to answer your questions.

You have the internet at your finger tips, you could enlighten yourself."

You seemed to have the answer when you rebuked me for saying that our scouts had "no history of recruiting players from the lower leagues."

Now all of a sudden you don''t seem to know the truth or otherwise of this statement.

We all have the internet at our fingertips.[/quote]

I suspect that you did realise the purpose of the questions wasn''t to give examples but to question your negative spin on their abilities.Now that we''ve established at the time of posting that you had no evidence whether they did or didn''t have a history in that regard the purpose of the question is obsolete.If you are desperate to know the answer you shouldn''t be wasting time asking me.

Reasons why Lansbury might prefer Villa over us:

Villa are a much bigger club so future potential probably greater

Nottingham and Birmingham close to each other so may not have to uproot family (if he has one)

Been there, done that, got the T shirt so Villa is a new experience

Villa wifi probably offer better terms

Steve Bruce has a better CV than Alex Neil so more chance of improving as a player

Villa have a mega rich owner, Norwich have a retired cook.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Reasons why Lansbury might prefer Villa over us:

Villa are a much bigger club so future potential probably greater

Nottingham and Birmingham close to each other so may not have to uproot family (if he has one)

Been there, done that, got the T shirt so Villa is a new experience

Villa wifi probably offer better terms

Steve Bruce has a better CV than Alex Neil so more chance of improving as a player

Villa have a mega rich owner, Norwich have a retired cook.[/quote]Probably better fans too....

I simply stated that our scouts had no history of scouting players from the lower leagues.

In true PinkUn style you rebuked me and quoted Tony Spearing''s achievements in that field.

I admitted that Spearing had done a good job at WBA and Reading after looking into the matter but nevertheless found nothing that contradicted my original statement.

When you were asked to clarify your rebuke you admitted that you did not have the answer.

Perhaps you are the one who should have done your research.

I admitted that I should have put "no history at Norwich City."

If my question is obsolete, then so is your rebuke because you do not seem to have a clue either. I am not the one trying to be a smart arse though.

Have our scouting team a history of successfully scouting players from the lower leagues?

They have not at Norwich City that''s for sure. They (ie. Spearing) may or may not have at their previous clubs.

You don''t seem to know, neither do I. I''m not the one trying to be a smart arse.

As for , "Negative spin on their abilities." Eh? Bit overcooked that based upon such a casual remark which is accurately based upon recruitment at our club over quite a few seasons now.

So now we have some cash - and probably only c£2m, is the priority to spend it on a left back or replace the manager?

"Mulumbu was excellent at West Brom so can''t really be held against Spearing."

I know he was and I was delighted when we signed him. It''s a pity that it''s turned out to be a big disappointment.

He signed for the Club before Tony Spearing''s return though so there is no connection there.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I simply stated that our scouts had no history of scouting players from the lower leagues.

In true PinkUn style you rebuked me and quoted Tony Spearing''s achievements in that field.

I admitted that Spearing had done a good job at WBA and Reading after looking into the matter but nevertheless found nothing that contradicted my original statement.

When you were asked to clarify your rebuke you admitted that you did not have the answer.

Perhaps you are the one who should have done your research.

I admitted that I should have put "no history at Norwich City."

If my question is obsolete, then so is your rebuke because you do not seem to have a clue either. I am not the one trying to be a smart arse though.

Have our scouting team a history of successfully scouting players from the lower leagues?

They have not at Norwich City that''s for sure. They (ie. Spearing) may or may not have at their previous clubs.

You don''t seem to know, neither do I. I''m not the one trying to be a smart arse.

As for , "Negative spin on their abilities." Eh? Bit overcooked that based upon such a casual remark which is accurately based upon recruitment at our club over quite a few seasons now.[/quote]Let it go.You''ll never recover from your initial mistake no matter how hard you try. The nice people here won''t think any less of you.

Yes I know Morty was being his usual sh*t stirring self but I was not going to play his game. Like many on here I find his deliberate goading of posters utterly boring. It''s a shame because he can make insightful posts worthy of debate.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Yes I know Morty was being his usual sh*t stirring self but I was not going to play his game. Like many on here I find his deliberate goading of posters utterly boring. It''s a shame because he can make insightful posts worthy of debate.[/quote]Listen fella, I am seriously nearly out of irony meters here....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Yes I know Morty was being his usual sh*t stirring self but I was not going to play his game. Like many on here I find his deliberate goading of posters utterly boring. It''s a shame because he can make insightful posts worthy of debate.[/quote]Listen fella, I am seriously nearly out of irony meters here....[/quote]
To be fair if you had a better sense of perspective you''d have known based on the PinkUn''s clientele that you should have bulk-ordered those irony meters on pallets or something [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Yes I know Morty was being his usual sh*t stirring self but I was not going to play his game. Like many on here I find his deliberate goading of posters utterly boring. It''s a shame because he can make insightful posts worthy of debate.[/quote]Listen fella, I am seriously nearly out of irony meters here....[/quote]
To be fair if you had a better sense of perspective you''d have known based on the PinkUn''s clientele that you should have bulk-ordered those irony meters on pallets or something [:D]
[/quote]The supplier literally can''t keep up[:(]

"Let it go.

You''ll never recover from your initial mistake no matter how hard you try. The nice people here won''t think any less of you."

How silly!

Go and rebuke somebody else if that''s what turns you on. Next time make sure you can back yourself up with something factual. You have have failed completely in this instance, preferring instead to just play with words.

It''s been like communicating with a sanctimonious brick shite house, if such a creation were possible.

In the meantime let''s both hope that our scouting team finally prove capable of picking up a few gems from the lower league in the weeks to come. Should they do, I will be happy to be proven wrong. In the meantime I will stick by my original ''mistake'' as you so graciously put it.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Let it go.

You''ll never recover from your initial mistake no matter how hard you try. The nice people here won''t think any less of you."

How silly!

Go and rebuke somebody else if that''s what turns you on. Next time make sure you can back yourself up with something factual. You have have failed completely in this instance, preferring instead to just play with words.

It''s been like communicating with a sanctimonious brick shite house, if such a creation were possible.

In the meantime let''s both hope that our scouting team finally prove capable of picking up a few gems from the lower league in the weeks to come. Should they do, I will be happy to be proven wrong. In the meantime I will stick by my original ''mistake'' as you so graciously put it.[/quote]I haven''t needed to back myself up with any facts, all I did was question your statement about our scouting teams abilities which we all now know was based on no knowledge of their history.If someone made stuff up about you that would also be wrong and if you weren''t there to defend yourself then I sure you''d be grateful if someone was prepared to do so on your behalf.I don''t think calling people names is helpful either. 

Well for a start I didn''t call you a name, although I did compare communicating with you to something unpleasant.

If you are so precious, then I apologise for that remark.

As for the rest. Like I said, playing with words.

Can we finally establish ONE thing? Our current scouting team have no history of picking up gems from the lower leagues whilst at Norwich City.

Can you prove me wrong over this statement?

What they might or might not have done at previous clubs should have had no relevance. It is quite clear what I meant, although I may not have expressed myself well enough for your liking.

It doesn''t take much for the nit-picking posters that lurk on here (and there are a few) to jump at the chance of a little rebuke though. Are you one of them?

I do not want or need the last word so if you reply again I will neither read nor answer. You are repeating yourself a lot and quite frankly have managed to turn a molehill into a mountain.

In a way it''s been fun, but it''s getting tedious reading the same reply over and over with just the words in a different order.

I stick firmly to my original remark, but fervently hope our scouting team prove me to be mistaken.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Well for a start I didn''t call you a name, although I did compare communicating with you to something unpleasant.

If you are so precious, then I apologise for that remark.

As for the rest. Like I said, playing with words.

Can we finally establish ONE thing? Our current scouting team have no history of picking up gems from the lower leagues whilst at Norwich City.

Can you prove me wrong over this statement?

What they might or might not have done at previous clubs should have had no relevance. It is quite clear what I meant, although I may not have expressed myself well enough for your liking.

It doesn''t take much for the nit-picking posters that lurk on here (and there are a few) to jump at the chance of a little rebuke though. Are you one of them?

I do not want or need the last word so if you reply again I will neither read nor answer. You are repeating yourself a lot and quite frankly have managed to turn a molehill into a mountain.

In a way it''s been fun, but it''s getting tedious reading the same reply over and over with just the words in a different order.

I stick firmly to my original remark, but fervently hope our scouting team prove me to be mistaken.[/quote]

In September, on this thread

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3/3425710/ShowPost.aspx#3425710

You praised some players who were bought in by our scouting team, some of them from the lower leagues.

Re: Maddison /Aberdeen BT Sport

1 @ 1945

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/Themes/default/images/spacer.gif

I don''t think I recall a time when our youth

prospects looked so bright.

Maddison apart, other youngsters include Canos and Pritchard and the

Murphy''s all first team selects. Thompson and Godfrey are lurking whilst

Morris, Toffolo, Adams and McGrandles are all worth persevering with.

What a good, sensible and valuable, aka money in the bank, policy which

was presumably started by Neal Adams and before and is now being handled

well by Alex Neil.

Morty you better pray we''re not in for Brit, because that will be all our dosh gone and you''re be on canary call before you know it ;))

Your misuse of the quotes function for a start.

My mistake and contradiction re: youngsters at Norwich City and perhaps your original insistence upon going on about Tony Spearing''s past when my bloomer was right in front of you. Why didn''t you bring up that little clutch first time round instead of needing to work at it?

I have to admit defeat over that then, but you needed to do a bit of back research to get there when your ammunition for rebuke was right under your nose.

Let''s hope some if not all of these youngsters that our brilliant scouting team have gathered at Carrow Road grace the first team squad sooner rather than later and my only defence now is that I meant lower league gems who could step straight into the first team squad in the way McCarthy''s seem to and WHO NEED NOT NECESSARILY BE YOUNGSTERS.

None of those, plucked from lower leagues have actually played for City at top level yet. They are the future. We need a left back and centre half etc. now and we don''t have the money for many big signatures, hence my insistence on a lower league gem.