Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

Olson off but other than that it is unbelievably quiet this window.

Normally we have rumours, silly and plausible, but this time just silence. Anyone heard anything at all? Is it about to hot up?

Or are we stuck with nobody wanting our over paid under performers and we will be making no new additions

I did hear a rumbling for Naismith again to Sunderland could be a goer

In-wise nada. Not a goddam thing.

Why is anybody surprised? Our transfer windows are always slow and quiet.

Let''s hope the man from Mulbarton has it all under control and that his extensive football network should see us brining in the star players from Needham market and Sudbry shortly.

I like Lansbury but far from convinced he is what we need. he had moments of excellence but went missing in a quite a few games but more than anything he''s another central midfielder who is more attacking than defensive. We already have four central, attacking midfielders and Neil has made a pigs ear of handling them already.

"We are in for Lansbury apparently."

That would be just great. A force, a character, a leader, all just what we need.

Forest are in an awful state now that the proposed takeover fell through.

Get in there!

Thee Times confirmed that Sunderland had put in a bid for Robbie Brady, so there seems to be a hint of an auction taking place. Anything £12m or over would be marvellous and we have to take into account the Hull cut.

Go out get another decent central defender, a left back (who is a proper defender and not a wing-back) and Lansbury with the dosh from this and the sale of Olsson and Brady.

Give Lafferty away (although I think he''s worth a bit.)

Sounds easy. It won''t be though.

This transfer window doesn''t seem any different than all the other transfer windows unless you factor in the hyperpole about the Chairman & the CE then it''s a complete disaster and we''re all going to end up in hell. [:)]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I like Lansbury but far from convinced he is what we need. he had moments of excellence but went missing in a quite a few games but more than anything he''s another central midfielder who is more attacking than defensive. We already have four central, attacking midfielders and Neil has made a pigs ear of handling them already.[/quote]I would say he is the type of player to be back up for Howson, which when he was injured, it was obvious we sorely missed.Well done for spinning it in a negative way though.Does it not get boring Jim?

[quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?[/quote]Does it get boring for you too?Lurching from thread to thread, desperately trying to grab a negative from just about anything?

Lansbury has played for us before though, which might give us a headstart.

But we don''t have enough ambition to sign anyone meaningful.

We''ll offer them the standard couple of quid from the back of the sofa and an out of date packet of wotsits only to see them turn us down and him off to Villa. But it''s okay, Moxey and Balls will put a great spin on us "trying really, really hard".

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?[/quote]Does it get boring for you too?Lurching from thread to thread, desperately trying to grab a negative from just about anything?[/quote]I thought that was a straightforward question if you were the player?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?[/quote]Does it get boring for you too?Lurching from thread to thread, desperately trying to grab a negative from just about anything?[/quote]I thought that was a straightforward question if you were the player?[/quote]Well nobody knows the answer, other than Henri, do they.It was a thinly veiled "Norwich City are so bad, why would any player want to come here".

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?[/quote]Does it get boring for you too?Lurching from thread to thread, desperately trying to grab a negative from just about anything?[/quote]

Surely an entirely reasonable question, would you go to Villa under Bruce or Norwich under Neil. This will be our problem generally, we are close to mid table, with a manager still wearing L plates! It will be very tough to get quality players in.

Not negative just realism

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?[/quote]Does it get boring for you too?Lurching from thread to thread, desperately trying to grab a negative from just about anything?[/quote]I thought that was a straightforward question if you were the player?[/quote]Well nobody knows the answer, other than Henri, do they.It was a thinly veiled "Norwich City are so bad, why would any player want to come here".[/quote]No, it was a who''s the better manager, who might make me a better player etc., imo Bruce.  You can''t deny that Neil doesn''t have a reputation since he''s been here, for improving the performance of our players.  That''s what I was getting at.  Reality not looking for negatives.

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]We are in for Lansbury apparently.[/quote]He''s tipped for Villa too Morty.  In all honesty, who would you rather play under Bruce or Neil?[/quote]Does it get boring for you too?Lurching from thread to thread, desperately trying to grab a negative from just about anything?[/quote]

Surely an entirely reasonable question, would you go to Villa under Bruce or Norwich under Neil. This will be our problem generally, we are close to mid table, with a manager still wearing L plates! It will be very tough to get quality players in.

Not negative just realism[/quote]Ah the old "I''m not negative, just a realist".Jesus, it gets boring.

[quote user="morty"]Why isn''t Alex Neil Steve Bruce?[:(][/quote]You tell me, you''ve got all the answers....................or not.

There have been times when playing for Norwich City has been a much more attractive proposition than it currently is.

Throw in the fact that we will unlikely splash the cash in either fees or wages and it seems that we would really need the scouts to discover a few hidden gems from the lower leagues Mick McCarthy style.

They have no history of this.

If we sell Brady we could likely throw a decent wedge at a class act but the priority would not be Lansbury (unless Sunderland come back for Naismith,) more a central defender and/or left back.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Why isn''t Alex Neil Steve Bruce?[:(][/quote]You tell me, you''ve got all the answers....................or not.[/quote]It was a rhetorical question, and quite clearly mocking you writing the transfer off, literally seconds after the rumour has started.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]There have been times when playing for Norwich City has been a much more attractive proposition than it currently is.

Throw in the fact that we will unlikely splash the cash in either fees or wages and it seems that we would really need the scouts to discover a few hidden gems from the lower leagues Mick McCarthy style.

They have no history of this.

If we sell Brady we could likely throw a decent wedge at a class act but the priority would not be Lansbury (unless Sunderland come back for Naismith,) more a central defender and/or left back.[/quote]

Do you know what they''ve done at previous clubs? Has Tony Spearing no history of finding players from lower leagues?

"Do you know what they''ve done at previous clubs? Has Tony Spearing no history of finding players from lower leagues?"

No. Enlighten me.

Perhaps I should have said ''no history of this at Norwich City'' then.

Now please tell me more about Tony Spearing''s history of finding such players.

You have me slightly excited.

Jeez, we all bemoan the lack of transfer activity, then the first sign of a rumour, and we''re queuing up to shoot it down.Some of you need to give yourselves a good shake.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Why isn''t Alex Neil Steve Bruce?[:(][/quote]You tell me, you''ve got all the answers....................or not.[/quote]It was a rhetorical question, and quite clearly mocking you writing the transfer off, literally seconds after the rumour has started.[/quote]I asked you a straightforward question which you swerved.  If you were a player like Lansbury, would you prefer to play under Bruce or Neil?  I was not writing any transfer off, as you say it is but a rumour, although I would have thought a LB and/or a CB were more of a priority.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Do you know what they''ve done at previous clubs? Has Tony Spearing no history of finding players from lower leagues?"

No. Enlighten me.

Perhaps I should have said ''no history of this at Norwich City'' then.

Now please tell me more about Tony Spearing''s history of finding such players.

You have me slightly excited.[/quote]I''m pleased you have realised you mistake and admitted you were wrong.Thank you.

"I''m pleased you have realised you mistake and admitted you were wrong.

Thank you."

Yes, I''ve just Wiki''d him and it seems he did quite a good job as head of recruitment at WBA, mostly players from Europe actually and not our lower leagues as I suggested.

Still I am enlightened and remain excited that he can soon start to repeat his exploits at the Hawthorns, and to a lesser degree at Reading, at Carrow Road.

Interestingly Youssef Mulumbu was one player he brought to Albion.