Sign in to follow this  
morty

So.....

Ray, there is an inference that it is ALL down to AN. Yes, he has a part to play in fostering team spirit etc, but you don''t seem to want to lay any blame at the players door, or have I mis-interpreted that?

For me, the players need to have a bit more about them , than an ego, to help sort this out. As someone else has said, a few disgruntled players in a squad, is no front page news.

For me, recent weeks has been down to both AN, and the players, both parties could have done better.

Player power, hey?

Crabbycanary3,

For the avoidance of doubt, I wholeheartedly agree, the individual bears some responsibility, in fact 100% responsibility for their own performance, but as Mike Brearley once said, “I cannot create your thoughts but I can influence them.”

Imagine you were in a work place that you found uncomfortable (for any reason) and this scenario was ongoing, how long would it take for your thoughts to be influenced such that they started to have a detrimental effect on your performance?

Yes, personal pride should (imo) override ego and they should help sort this out and I believe this is what we are starting to see, my question is however, are they sorting it out with or without the manager''s involvement/input and let''s be frank, they shouldn''t have to sort it out in the first place - should they?

You know these players personally do you LDC, these players that are "way too precious" and you have therefore have intimate insight into their psyche? Physician heal thyself.

It''s not his job to tread on a few toes, his job is to take a bunch of individuals and mould them into and effective team, a team which ideally outperforms the sum of its parts, I accept that he may have tough decisions to make but I''m would be happy to have a few quid on the fact the words, "Tread on a few toes" do not appear in his job description.

Of course you''re right Ray, in terms of what AN should be doing as a manager, but your ''inside knowledge'' or whatever you want to call it isn''t public knowledge, so you can''t expect people to understand or agree with you.

And LDC is a bit funny sometimes anyway :)

He need to manage the squad as a whole and each individual player in a way to get the best out of him, it''s not one size fits all.

It''s a really tough job but that''s what he''s paid a lot of money to do.

He needs to be able to recognise who responds to the stick and who likes a carrot. His interviews and demeanour don''t suggest there''s many carrots on offer at Colney.

I guess by what you said to LDC, Ray, means that you DO know the players involved? You talk like LDC doesn''t know them, but you do have insider knowledge, of the troubled 6, if you will?

So, who are these disruptive (because they will have an adverse effect on the whole team, as I am sure you are aware) players you talk about, in such guarded terms? Are they not too hard to work out (e.g. expensive players, who are not in the current starting XI, or ''characters'' , or flouncy types) or do you ACTUALLY know?

If you do actually know, then why not name them? Is your insider knowledge going to be exposed , if you put ''Ray'' to anything on here? I would wager , not

I can talk about information I know , from someone who has been in the Boardroom, after games, and told me about what was said in the dressing room, post Brighton match, but that is almost common knowledge, and wouldn''t harm anything. I am sure if you name the 6, then that wouldn''t harm anything (you and your contact/knowledge) either.

At the moment, it certainly looks like you are throwing a line out to us, on here, and then using the replies, as a stick to beat us/AN

[quote user="Ray"]You know these players personally do you LDC, these players that are "way too precious" and you have therefore have intimate insight into their psyche? Physician heal thyself.

It''s not his job to tread on a few toes, his job is to take a bunch of individuals and mould them into and effective team, a team which ideally outperforms the sum of its parts, I accept that he may have tough decisions to make but I''m would be happy to have a few quid on the fact the words, "Tread on a few toes" do not appear in his job description.[/quote]

Of course I don''t know the players, but players generally - particularly young ones - are susceptible to outside influences the same as anyone else - money/agents pushing them/adulation or anger of fans (whichever fits) etc etc.  It must be hard to keep your feet on the ground when you are in the public eye and get adulation and praise thrown in your dorection.  And pursuing the body''s extremity theme, if toe treading is needed, it is the managers job to tread on them.

Hi Crabbycanary3,

Nowhere have I said I know any players, nowhere have I said LDC doesn''t know the ''precious'' players, I have no idea whether he does or he doesn''t, hence my question to him. Nowhere have I said there are 6 players, or more, or less, I quoted that figure in reply to another post. Furthermore, nowhere have I said any player, or players, are disruptive.

I was unaware I was beating you with anything, in fact in a recent post on this thread (and another if memory serves) I thought you made a very good point and I wholeheartedly agreed with it.

Am I throwing a line, well possibly but there is no hook or bait on it, I prefer to see it as a heads up..

It is entirely up to you what you believe I know (or don''t) but as I have said before, I''ve got better things to do than make sh*t up to post on here just to give myself some sort of smug satisfaction.

However, I do admire your tenacity in trying to coax me out.

(Smiley, winky, thingy) I still can''t do those bl**dy things

Ray, neither can I (smiley winky things) smiley winky thing!

It just looked like you were having a go at AN, but not the players. It looked like you were throwing some info out there, and then saying ''wide of the mark, let''s leave it there'', and also ''heads up'', implies you ''know (factual) stuff'' but were not actually prepared to tell us mere mortals , what it was, hence the replies, that is all.

I am not saying I disbelieve you, far from it, and you have certainly got history, on here, for NOT talking sheite, but you can see why I asked the questions, no doubt?

Smiley winky thing

Thanks CrabbyCanary3,

BTW, I would never think of you as a mere mortals, I just attempt to give some insight, that''s all.

Cheers

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="morty"]Where does this leave people?Some maybe expected a different outcome, against a resurgent team, with a manager they maybe wanted.Has the performance raised a few eyebrows, changed a few opinions perhaps?Or just a flash in the pan?

[/quote]Flash in the pan, morty.Surrendered my proof of payment to my most reliable employee, who''s an age-old City supporter but has been unable to attend home games regularly despite the 4.4% drop in ticket prices.Alex Neil has to go.[/quote]Good evening [:|]

Did that performance raise any eyebrows for you morty?

Where does it leave you? Still back AN?

How can we do anything other than sack him? We have now lost seven out of the last nine games and he still plays the same formation! It''s an absolute joke

Case proven beyond doubt in my opinion. As soon as we play anyone half decent we lose. Villa were shyte. Rowett is available, there''s only one decision that can be made.

[quote user="Dan Dare"]I fully support the manager and club (board).Not out of blind faith but the recognition that where we have come since May 2009 is nothing short of bl  oody brilliant. So much so that many are seeing it as a right that we should be in the PL  season after season.Maybe some should see the bigger picture. We are to an extent ''little ole Norwich'' given the limtations of the size of the club. That just means the fight is just that little bit harde, that''s all.And we will have the moaners and miserableist on here and at the ground. All of the latter are almost always the  original happy clappies''. Those who have tagged alomg in the last few seasons. Who are often more entertained by the giant flag waving that the actual game.However we are not even half way through the season.  In 2010/11 we were 9 points behind the automatic spot in late November, so it can be done.So regonise that pretty much the vast majority of league football fans would give their eye teeth to have a club like ours.Now, why not support it instead of endlessly whining ?[/quote]Same level as footballing nous as political nous it seems.Tw@t.