Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Rumour - Maddison.

Dead Canary, you''ve proposed a lot of players who could if pushed play there, but the reality is Naismith is there and Maddison has been on the bench.

Pritchard & Wes ahead of Maddison and I''d rather kept him here to get his chance then stick with the negative elements Naismith brings.

Still AN is the manager and its done!

As an almost positive, if we''ve let him go on loan, presumably we weren''t gonna play him anyway so technically its had little effect? :)

My guess is that we will lose Naismith in Jan so Maddison will come in match fit and ready to play!! Good luck to him and look forward to seeing him play!

Might be good experience for him, albeit a cold one.

[quote user="hogesar"]As an almost positive, if we''ve let him go on loan, presumably we weren''t gonna play him anyway so technically its had little effect? :)[/quote]

This is true, and a slightly brighter way to look at it.

The downside to looking at it that way is the depressing idea that we had no intention of playing him, no matter how well he performed in cup games and no matter how poor his competition performed.

Even then Indy Maddison only made it to the bench because of all the injuries we are carrying. We now have Oliviera and soon will have Pritchard, Jerome and Dorrans back. There will be little chance for him to even sit on the bench at that point even if Naismith is dropped. Cup runs don''t offer enough games and the under 23s clearly isn''t a high enough level for him so a loan at least keeps him developing.

No I accept there are players here with experience but Maddison shouldn''t be shipped out if he''s good enough to get into the squad and even the starting 11, which I believe he''s close to.

Dorrans a hit & miss player, Jerome & Oliviera are not attacking midfielders so it''s really only Pritchard Wes & Naismith he''s really up against.

Still it''s done now and hopefully Wes & Pritchard will get the nod next home game.

Whenever I see Maddison in the squad, of course knowing that it has only been cup or u23 games so far, I expect him to set up a goal as minimum.

He is the most natural Wes replacement that I have ever seen and I think it''s a real shame that we have Naismith smogging up our attack in place of JM.

If the season goes to plan, and we go back up, will he then be ready for a Championship loan?

Most disappointing deal of the window

If Dead canary and Hogesar are the only HAPPY CLAPPERS daring to stand up for this ridiculous moves the rest of them seemingly unhappy with this move says everything. Unfortunately for me I have Cardiff tickets but will be last visit until Neil, Delia or Moxey leaves. I am sure the HC''s will be ecstatic with this news but sorry it won''t stop me posting bile regarding our excuse for a management team.

So you won''t be returning till one of Neil, Delia or Moxey leaves, Pete? What an incredibly odd thing to say - that suggests you think if you take just one of those folk out of the equation (doesn''t matter who) and replace accordingly then all will be rosy again at Carrow Rd in your eyes? You really are quite bizarre fella 😳

Reckon you''re not far wide of the mark their Davo - little point in him sitting on the bench here if we couldn''t get rid of Naisy.

Someone said something about us being contractually obligated to play Naismith in a percentage of games - seems a pretty ridiculous clause but would go towards explaining a few things...