Sign in to follow this  
pete

Have City broken Alex

Recent interviews with Alex Neil have indicated a loss of passion and acceptance the players are not up to it. Well Alex we all knew that was the case. Surprised you took the kick in the teeth that was the Summer transfer period quite so matter of fact. Again we all knew the business done was insufficient to make a difference. Maybe you need to talk more with the supporters and not Delia and McNally.

What a bizarre post.
All the supporters knew that the players weren''t good enough, but the manager didn''t?
All the supporters knew that the transfer window wasn''t as successful as we would have liked, but the manager didn''t?
Do you think he was happy with how the summer transfer window went?  
His job has been the equivalent of polishing a turd for the last nine months, yes perhaps sometimes he has also tinkered with the turd a bit too much but I imagine he is well aware of the limitations of the players and the squad, hence his constant changes to try and find the magic formula which is more than the sum of its parts.

Bor, agreed, bizarre post.

My biggest question though is we played nine players today who were with us in the Champs. Yet, we spent +£30m on players this season and of the recent signings we would have only had picked Klose today should he have been fit!

Something is seriously wrong in terms of recruitment, be it the manager, the board or probably the reluctance to spend money. I really can''t see Tony Spearing making much of a difference with the current board in control!

Hindsight is a wonderful think to criticise people with but to be honest a majority of supporters were dismayed with the transfer business in the summer!

A ramble I know, but sooo gutted! What could have been!!

Yep, he has done what he can with a $Hit hand, was obvious from the start of the season, the injuries over the last couple of months extinguished any glimmer of hope.

No goals in 4 games, It''s becoming more and more like Hughton. Apart from Jerome''s waste in the first half and a curious looping header from Mbok, De Gea could''ve been reading a book.

When Norwich are in the Prem they will always need a manager who can polish a turd.

AN hasn''t been able to.

....just hope he hasnt broken us.....no fight,belief,direction or method.....got to turn us around back to the winning ,attacking force we were last season in the chmapionship during the close season

GJL agreed was just about to post... ''Hope he hasn''t broken US!'' £30m+ on players and nine players starting today from the Championship year! Although is it him or does the blame lie more upstairs?

Perhaps he has realized that he is not as good as he thought. He has a massive ego and truth hurts. Yes he has many attributes but this job this season was way too big for him. Big sam picked up a squad that had about 3 points well into the season, bought wisely in January had a game plan that worked and looks to have kept them up. AN has always motivated the team even on bad days but he deserves the title of tinker man, never knew his best side, became very negative and all bar 1 of his signings since he came to the club have been poor. I guess we will stick with him for next season and see what it brings

I personally think our squad is stronger that a lot of other clubs in the PL. Sunderland, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace to name a few.

So to lay total blame on the squad is understandable. But to excuse Neil of any blame is beyond actual belief. It seems the man can do no wrong.

For me Neil is entirely to blame for our relegation. Starting Jerome today? Why would he do that with Mbokani available? Why take Brady off? I am baffled by pretty much all his decision making when it comes to juggling his squad.

This is something we all know already. Yet you tolerate it on a weekly basis and continue to back the man?

My word there is some daft stuff being written in the heat of the moment...

The transfer stuff, well where do we start with that? What do we expect, Neil to have come out the first day after the summer window and publicly lambast the board over the failure? I mean to what purpose? To inspire his below average squad into performances of exactly that! Ultimately all of that really is out of his control, we hard targets, we missed out and he had to work with what he had and make the best of it.

As for the tinker man stuff? Well, damned if you do damned if you don''t... Look at our squad, look at our form. Where oh where is this magic starting 11 people seem to think exists that would have done the job!? Anyone?.... Anyone at all? Go on fire a CV in to the club if you do, because my word your can see clarity beyond everyone affiliated with the club.

Oh and to clarify, I think Alex has made his fair share of mistakes, I''d say it was more a balance of factors rather than any one thing; underperforming players, Managerial inexperience, poor transfer windows and a couple of slices of real bad luck (the Jerome ''goal'', Klose injury, Costa offside etc)

Yorkshire quoted: "Perhaps he has realized that he is not as good as he thought. He has a massive ego and truth hurts."

What utter tripe. Bet you weren''t saying this or worrying about how good he is, or his ego, when he got us promoted! We''re all upset, but surely we can think of better things to say than this!

Birchfest has it pretty much spot-on for me, too.

For all the mistakes made, IMO the fates just seem to have been against us recently -injuries piling up at the wrong time (and we have little depth), penalty decisions not going our way (Palace, Sunderland just recently) or soft decisions against....and so on; c''est la vie, life goes on.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I personally think our squad is stronger that a lot of other clubs in the PL. Sunderland, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace to name a few.[/quote]
Go on, give me another laugh by naming the full list.

Or has Alex broken City? Under-performing players. Klose got the chance to improve by being played every game. Pinto is now improving with a run of games. Apart from those two the rest seem to have gone backwards.

Where has Odjidja-Ofoe gone. Had a couple of really good games then AN has not played him again. IMO how does Dorrens get in ahead of him.

Mulumbu started well got injured and we''ve hardly seen him since.

What has happened to Brady? He was odds-on to be player of the season a month or so ago.

Naismith started brilliantly, was unhappy about being substituted a couple of times and now even Bamford gets chosen to came on ahead of him.

As for Redmond what has happened to him? His confidence has gone and doesn''t seem to know what to do. Yesterday instead of being on the wing he seemed as though he''d been told to play inside behind the strikers.

Why have so many players gone bad????

Neil said last summer how shocked he was by how poor our scouting network was. We didn''t have the long list of targets, which for our club, is just unacceptable. But I haven''t heard anything about this being changed. It isn''t going to get better if you don''t change it.

Neil said last summer how shocked he was by how poor our scouting network was. We didn''t have the long list of targets, which for our club, is just unacceptable. But I haven''t heard anything about this being changed. It isn''t going to get better if you don''t change it.

it haschaned the club has Tony spearing in charge of scouting

but hang on a minute why didn''t our wonderful manager know what players to sign

his lack of knowledge of the leagues and experience cost us more than a scout

big sam could tell you players for each position that would improve his squad / team but alex neil can not do it with out a scouting system

now managers need scouts as they an not get to games watch players etc but to say he had no targets due to that is rubbish