Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Reader Poll - Time for a change of ownership ?

Very black and white question - which I guess these types of poll have to be.

However for me the first question should be ''Should Delia and Michael seek significant new investment by selling a sizable proportion of the club?''

Personally I think many more people would answer ''yes'' to this question than the one being asked.

If however they don''t want to do this and feel that continuing to run the club the way it is - is the way forward for them at the helm (which certainly appears to me the way they want to go with the recent Board appointments of friends and family) - then you should ask the more black and white question ''Should they sell up?''

I personally feel for the club to take that next step significant new investment is needed to give us more clout in the transfer market and become a more attractive proposition to players coming here. Ideally I would love them still to be involved as they clearly have the club at heart, but if they don''t want to loosen their current total control over things they by default become a ''blocker'' to the clubs progress - IF thats what fans really want and desire.

We have known we need investment for a long time now.I still think Premiership sustainability is achievable though, we just have to be smarter in how we spend what we have.

[quote user="The Judge"]Very black and white question - which I guess these types of poll have to be. However for me the first question should be ''Should Delia and Michael seek significant new investment by selling a sizable proportion of the club?'' Personally I think many more people would answer ''yes'' to this question than the one being asked. If however they don''t want to do this and feel that continuing to run the club the way it is - is the way forward for them at the helm (which certainly appears to me the way they want to go with the recent Board appointments of friends and family) - then you should ask the more black and white question ''Should they sell up?'' I personally feel for the club to take that next step significant new investment is needed to give us more clout in the transfer market and become a more attractive proposition to players coming here. Ideally I would love them still to be involved as they clearly have the club at heart, but if they don''t want to loosen their current total control over things they by default become a ''blocker'' to the clubs progress - IF thats what fans really want and desire.[/quote]

What do you mean by ''a sizeable portion of the club''? If they sell their shares then the money will go to Delia & Michael and not the club.

What''s the actual point of a poll? Our majority shareholders have no intention of selling up or relinquishing their ownership of NCFC.

Regardless of opinion or results of a poll, they''re firmly entrenched and will only be handing over their control when they stand down, to you know who......

Like many, I eagerly await the appointment of a new CEO......Him or Her, will certainly have a job on their hands.....GOOD LUCK! ;-)

ricardo wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 1:52 PM:

I don''t see anybody queuing up to buy, so its a pointless question.

Can''t buy what isn''t for sale

They own the shares. Whether we want them to sell or not is irrelevant.

OK then - all fair points. I''ll change the question then.

Are you happy with them owning the club if they have no intention of selling all or part or it to secure additional investment ?

Not judging anybody on answers - just interested.

For me if this was the case the answer is ''No''

[quote user="morty"]We have known we need investment for a long time now.I still think Premiership sustainability is achievable though, we just have to be smarter in how we spend what we have.[/quote][:O] Genuinely shocked at that!

I am not overcritical of Delia and Co. I think we have a lot to be grateful for.

However it is not being critical of the current regime to look forward to a change at the top.

The problem is, as with managers, any change is a shot in the dark and could go either way.

Perhaps the Club could benefit from a bit of a risk take.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"]We have known we need investment for a long time now.I still think Premiership sustainability is achievable though, we just have to be smarter in how we spend what we have.[/quote][:O] Genuinely shocked at that![/quote]Well, I guess someone of pre school intelligence would be.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"]We have known we need investment for a long time now.I still think Premiership sustainability is achievable though, we just have to be smarter in how we spend what we have.[/quote][:O] Genuinely shocked at that![/quote]Well, I guess someone of pre school intelligence would be.....[/quote]And there we have Morty summed by his use of just a few words.  A genuine, non-confrontational post, responded to like that.[:(]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"]We have known we need investment for a long time now.I still think Premiership sustainability is achievable though, we just have to be smarter in how we spend what we have.[/quote][:O] Genuinely shocked at that![/quote]Well, I guess someone of pre school intelligence would be.....[/quote]And there we have Morty summed by his use of just a few words.  A genuine, non-confrontational post, responded to like that.[:(][/quote]Don''t go crying because you made a sarcy remark, and got one back.

It wasn''t a sarcastic remark Morty, however neither was your''s.  I am genuinely surprised that you hold that belief, that if had/do spent our money more wisely then PL sustainability is achievable.It is impossible to converse with you on any level so I''ll leave it there, to avoid yet another thread going down the shatter.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It wasn''t a sarcastic remark Morty, however neither was your''s.  I am genuinely surprised that you hold that belief, that if had/do spent our money more wisely then PL sustainability is achievable.It is impossible to converse with you on any level so I''ll leave it there, to avoid yet another thread going down the shatter.[/quote]Okay, benefit of the doubt. Why are you so shocked at my statement?

[quote user="The Judge"]OK then - all fair points. I''ll change the question then.

Are you happy with them owning the club if they have no intention of selling all or part or it to secure additional investment ?

Not judging anybody on answers - just interested.

For me if this was the case the answer is ''No''[/quote]

There was a good thread about this the other day Judge. But the way you word this now is totally loaded and so will get a unanimous ''No'' result. Would anybody seriously vote ''yes'' in your latest poll?

What I do find interesting today is the amount of people who believe we can bounce straight back. I believe we can but am in no way confident. If we do it will be yet another over achieving season for Smith and Jones but you do wonder if they can continue to achieve this. Just look at what we could have as competition : -

Newcastle - Richer owner and parachute payments.

Villa - Richer owner and parachute payments.

Hull - Richer owner and parachute payments.

QPR - Richer owner and parachute payments

Cardiff - Richer owner and parachute payments

Fulham - Richer owner and parachute payments

If I was to run a poll it would probably be will our owners who many didn''t want finish above QPR who have the owner many did want.

Just to clarify I''m not against investment but I''m wary of it. Even with investment there''s more chance of being out of the PL than in it.

Newcastle Utd spent £80M on players in the last 12 months and they still got relegated. Leicester spent £23M on their squad an won the title. It will be interesting to see how Leicester do next season and how much they spend. For me it is fine margins in the Premiership and we were not quite good enough, and did not have quite enough quality in depth, as highlighted by Purple Canary our transfer policy of leaving it to the last minute backfired rather than a lack of cash......

[quote user="JF"]ricardo wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 1:52 PM:

I don''t see anybody queuing up to buy, so its a pointless question.

Can''t buy what isn''t for sale[/quote]

not really true - everything and everyone has a price. regardless of if it is for sale or not. Right now that is besides the point.

we need investment, that has been stated upteen times in this thread alone. But D&M at the helm is not as bad as some are making out to be.

If you listened to Canary call yesterday, we were in the sights of a very wealthy man and company - which ultimately did not go anywhere.

It''s well known that they went on to buy QPR. QPR have invested much, much, much more than us. Look at them now. slap bang in the middle of the championship. Would anyone here trade places with them?

If they feel they get the right offer (monetary) from the right people - I''m sure it would be considered. But blindly throwing money at something is not the way to go. We need the financial backing, but we need protection from ourselves while doing that, which I firmly believe D&M and the board have and will continue to do.