Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Shane Long

Love to have him here, but I''m sure he could attract a move to a bigger club, and to be honest I think he will still get games for the saints.

Liverpool are rumoured to be interested so it''s more likely he''ll be playing against us again next week.Very good player though.

And they would take 9 or 10 i reckon. Would love him here, showed yesterday that there''s more to his game than pace and determination.

Offloading Lafferty would also help fund bringing in Long and get another one off the books who''s clearly not going to play.

I really think that as well as strengthening the back line we need a proven goal scorer - and they cost money!

afobe ;)

Im not sure who, Naismith has a 1 in 4 ratio but plays anywhere along the front line and in the hole. Sebastian Haller has a good ratio but for smaller outfits. Like i said i dont know who but anyone who does come in up front now doesnt have long to start scoring.

I''m sure that with our clever negotiating skills we could easily formulate a deal to attract Long.

[quote user="TheEarlyMilkman"]1 in 4 is hardly prolific. we need more goals than 10 in a season. works hard but not what we need right now.[/quote]as long as his 10 was during the last half of this season its ok

[quote user="TheEarlyMilkman"]1 in 4 is hardly prolific. we need more goals than 10 in a season. works hard but not what we need right now.[/quote]

Are you suggesting we should be going for someone who''s going to get us more than 5 goals in the remaining fixtures?.... WHO ? & how much do you imagine we are prepared to pay for this prolific goal scorer?

20 goal a season man? thats madness - score that many and you are looking at a top 3 marksman - last year that meant just aguero, kane, costa, the year before just toure sturridge suarez, before that suarez, bale and RVP - get the picture?

A player scoring 12 goals is usually around the top 10-15 scorers in the league - us having a 9-12 goal scoring player is what we should be looking at - a new bargain gem with scope to improve - the fee &/or wages of these 15+ goal strikers are simply beyond our reach.

Thats why haller is the type we should aim for - unproven with scope to explode onto the scene - like ighalo and mahrez. Finding and signing them is the frist challenge only.

Shane long is a good striker and would be a great addition to our squad - he creates as well as scores and a 10 goal a season player is a significant upgrade.