Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Redmond

[quote user="Orly"]I''ve thought Redmond has and probably will (eventually) flatter to deceive on his teenage potential.

However, I will say that when playing he works harder than Odidja for the team to stop Martin / Whittaker / Wisdom (whoever) being exposed on our right flank.

I''m surprised that no-one''s picked out Odidja for (at least giving the appearance of) being lazy and letting runners go, as he''s done it several times in more than 1 match.

If no-one else comes in before the next match, I''d start Redmond in place of OO.[/quote]

This is fair. Odjidjia''s defensive work has truly been horrible. He''s been far more productive for our attack in limited appearances. He''s also not a winger/wide midfielder. Liability without the ball for sure though.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]I think the Champ Champ Champ business is some kind of Tourettes.[/quote]

Pretty sure you don''t think at all, champ.

Ah, condescending , that would be the groundless attitude , assumed by some people to make them seem superior , despite the fact that they are not. Hmmmm, could well be.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Ah, condescending , that would be the groundless attitude , assumed by some people to make them seem superior , despite the fact that they are not. Hmmmm, could well be.[/quote]

Seeing as you couldn''t figure it out without help, it''s a pretty safe and correct assumption, champ.

Very interesting stats on Redmond''s presence in the starting line-up. Out of interest, who were those 8 games against and were they at home or away?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]So what you are saying is that Hairy Kenneth is correct, and that i explained it to you. Chump.[/quote]

You didn''t ''explain'' anything to me, champ. Your trouble with words is greatly hilarious.

I bet Hooper and Redmond are glad of 5 mins peace from your Bile* while you try to have a dig at me.

*Bile......a term used to describe the outpourings of nastiness by an inadequate.

He is a good player at this level not a great one. Needs more coaching to improve overall game let''s not forget he is only a young player with time on his side.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Ah, the condescending retreat. bye then.[/quote]

There there, it will be ok :tussleshair:

[quote user="morty"]Jaemae, your mum says your dinner is ready.And tidy your room.[/quote]
Leave him alone, he''s lacking in confidence ever since he unlocked his front door to hear his partner screaming "Gary! Oh Gary! A bit tubby for a footballer but bloody hell compared to my man you''re hung like a horse!"

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Properly though jaemae, not ike last time when you just pushed everything under your bed. mummy was cross.[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1473946927_0795859a38_zpse3vxahrl.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1473946927_0795859a38_zpse3vxahrl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

hen Redmond plays he creates space because the opposition usually double up on him or change their midfield formation. There is no doubt that given time and space he can cause havoc but in the PL he doesn''t get much.

He also has to defend because we don''t have an effective right back - perhaps Pinto will solve this problem, but probably not for a few weeks. Martin remains good going forward but hopeless defending. If Pinto can be relied on to defend properly, Redmond wouldn''t have to and could be more positive, as he is at under 21 level.

He is a very talented player - put him in a better team and he would show that.

These tactical dynamics are everywhere - our centre backs lack pace and are immobile so our defensive mids have to sit deep, effectively conceding the space in the middle and meaning that our wide players are critical - Redmonds mere presence gives us more chance of getting space.

I wouldn''t sell him for £20m and he would be the first name on my teamsheet because he scares the crap out of opponents.

[quote user="Ian"]Very interesting stats on Redmond''s presence in the starting line-up. Out of interest, who were those 8 games against and were they at home or away?[/quote]

In order of games they are

Palace H DNS lost came on and scored

Sunderland A STD won

Stoke H STD draw

Southampton A STD lost

Bournemouth H STD won

Liverpool A STD drew

West Ham A DNS drew came on and scored

Leicester H DNS lost

Newcastle A STD lost

Albion H STD lost

Man City A DNS lost

Swansea H won ( not in squad )

Chelsea A STD lost

Arsenal H DNS draw

Watford A STD lost

Everton H STD drew

Man U A STD won

Spurs A STD lost

Villa H STD won

Soton H STD won

Stoke A DNS lost

Bmouth A DNS lost

DNS = Did not start

STD = Started

PL games only

Redmond started 14 times we have W5 D3 L6

Not started 8 times W1 D2 L5

Win twice as many of the available points with him starting that not; lose twice as many games.

Thats what you call an influence. Doesnt get more powerful than that - and has started against the big sides too; correlation to scoring first when have most dangerous players on the pitch.

Does seem pointless bringing him on as a sub though.

He is now horrendously out of form; just screams that we need him firing and quickly. No tettey no party maybe, but no redmond, no points.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Redmond started 14 times we have W5 D3 L6

Not started 8 times W1 D2 L5

Win twice as many of the available points with him starting that not; lose twice as many games.

Thats what you call an influence. Doesnt get more powerful than that - and has started against the big sides too; correlation to scoring first when have most dangerous players on the pitch.

Does seem pointless bringing him on as a sub though.

He is now horrendously out of form; just screams that we need him firing and quickly. No tettey no party maybe, but no redmond, no points.[/quote]

Interesting this out of form bit as this mini bad run started again when he was left out.

Rumours are Palace want him. I''ve thought for a few months that he''s wanted to go due to his drastic dip in form after his great start to the season.

Indeed, theres a  topic in the Palace forums about Redmond  going there, maybe as a switch with Gayle, and with Jedinak thrown in to, thou why we would want Jedinak i dont know,  hes coming up for 32.  Think if Redders  played  a proper wing position he would be far more effective,But things being as they are, wouldnt surprise me to see him as a shock final day sell, a bit like Bradley Johnson in the last window. But id prefer us try to keep him, hes still our prized player on his day. I suppose its inevitable he will move on to bigger  club some day though.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Indeed, theres a  topic in the Palace forums about Redmond  going there, maybe as a switch with Gayle, and with Jedinak thrown in to, thou why we would want Jedinak i dont know,  hes coming up for 32.  Think if Redders  played  a proper wing position he would be far more effective,But things being as they are, wouldnt surprise me to see him as a shock final day sell, a bit like Bradley Johnson in the last window. But id prefer us try to keep him, hes still our prized player on his day. I suppose its inevitable he will move on to bigger  club some day though.[/quote]I wouldn''t call Palace a bigger club.

It really depends how much they offer. If they gave us £13m for Redderz and then we went and got Townsend for £7m-£9m, I would be fine with that. (though I don''t know if Townsend would want to come here?)

Don''t know if I''mm living in dreamland though. I wouldn''t have expected Grabban to go for as muh as he did. If he''s worth £7m (which he''s not) then Redderz must be nearly double that considering his potential.