Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Redmond

I''d say the outlook for "out and out wingers" is pretty bleak in the EPL (or any other top league for that matter) so Redmond definitely needs to develop his game. My guess is that he will choose to do that elsewhere, There''s little point in him staying unless we offer him what other clubs won''t, namely a place in the starting eleven as often as he''s physically able. 

Having criticised his recent performances, I am now totally convinced he needs a ''rest'' he was as much to blame as any of today''s defenders for this latest debacle, yes he had a couple of nice interchanges with Pinto going forward, but defending.... Poor old Pinto had no cover what so ever, he never once sprinted back & to top the lot pulled out of a challenge by turning his back, totally unacceptable & in his current form not even worth a place on the bench. On a positive note apart from the centre backs everyone played pretty well today, but 8 v 11 is a tall order,

Redmond did far more today than Jarvis and in general looked pretty good. Baffling that according to you he is more to blame than either full back despite Pinto being miles out of position for the 3rd goal and Brady putting the 5th on a plate for them.

It was clear to see sitting in the Jarrold stand (halfway line 2/3 back) that on numerous occasions when Pinto made a run forward no-one covered & in the second half when Lallana came on, off the ball (almost all attacks) two players broke towards that area of the pitch, the ball was then quickly worked to left creating two against one, neither Redmond, Jarvis, tracked back with any conviction nor did the opposite full back tuck in to allow CB to cover.

Fact is the majority of goals are the result of a mistake so someone is always to blame, just seems to me that some players are allowed far more slack than others. Redmond has been poor for weeks now,