Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Transfer Window - right, here we go?

Adebayor has signed for Palace, so the NCFC Gayle and Bamford transfer rumours will gain momentum, and fast. (Not forgetting the Loic Remi move also)

Personally I can''t see any truth in the Bamford loan - I don''t get how he would fit in to our set-up - plus I thought Mbo and Naismith had a ''connection'' on Saturday and therefore, why would he come here to sit on the bench?

With Gayle - I imagine he''d come as a wide attacking option - he''s never going to get played as the lone front man - he isn''t built for that. I imagine he could also be competition for Naismith and Wes''s spots in the team.

Loic Remy would be a decent player to pick up but can''t see it happening - maybe I am being a tad pessimistic there.

We''ll see.

I''ve gotta say I''m a bit disappointed regarding Afobe, considering we bid for him in the summer. He''s looked good do far for Bournemouth. I''m not convinced by Gayle or Bamford, I''d rather we look at bringing in another DM or CB to stop us conceding so much. I think Naismith will help on the scoring front but maybe we could do with a RW as well with Redmond performing a bit slack lately

[quote user="Al Harrington"]We need defenders. 😩[/quote]

If we play with wes, Naismith, and Remond together in a 3 behind Mbokani, no number of quality defenders is going to be enough

Al Harrington wrote the following post at 26/01/2016 7:09 PM:

We need defenders. 😩

Spot on Al, any thoughts of more strikers really pale into insignificance compared to our need for good defenders and defensive mid field players.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Al Harrington"]We need defenders. 😩[/quote]

If we play with wes, Naismith, and Remond together in a 3 behind Mbokani, no number of quality defenders is going to be enough[/quote]Agreed, and that was the problem on Saturday. Liverpool figured out to bypass or pass round Howson/Dorrans straight at our back four. I can''t see Wes or Redmond starting against Spurs.

Yes the forward play seemed good against Liverpool, but I still think we need another decent forward.  Perhaps in a wide role, but also somebody who can score goals.Defensively, assuming Klose is half decent I wouldn''t go signing another defender, as mad as that may sound.  I''d sign a quality defensive midfielder and play him along with Tettey to provide cover for the back four.