Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

For All The Armchair Experts.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]My way round it is to go to matches.[/quote]

Curious then how often you''re on here during or straight after a match......

[/quote]

Yeah, if only there was a way to access the Internet from a mobile device.[/quote]

In that is the case, what puzzles me is how you could watch a match at CR, see us win, then sit there just after the final whistle and post about "where are you" to missing posters on here.  Whatever floats your boat......

[/quote]Are you really struggling to understand the concept, or are you just after an argument?

Its human nature to want everything as cheaply as possible but lets be honest, it won''t get a single extra person into Carrow Road. The present ticket holders will just say thanks very much and pocket the difference. Everything is rationed by price and if the stands were half empty the price would have to reflect that fact, but they aren''t and so obviously they won''t.

As money pours into club coffers from their millions of TV and stream-watching supporters in Asia and across the world, I don''t hear the season ticket holders of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and other clubs with decent followings abroad ridiculing them. If our fans object to us being viewed as a small, provincial club, perhaps they should stop displaying small, provincial club attitudes.

Football is over-priced and over-hyped like so much else in the UK. It is a bubble that I would happily see burst.

Let''s go back to the 1970''s when we could go to games for a pittance and stand with our mates pretty much where we liked. There wasn''t so much of a glass ceiling, or ceilings in the case of the EPL so you felt your side had more of a chance to do well rather than lose most weeks, hope to beat the few sides around you and survive in order to buy the product in advance all over again and then watch while the TV companied decided when you would get to go.

Youth players were developed rather than having the need to buy ready made, usually from abroad, and we had a much bigger pool of English players to choose from for the national side.

Let''s face it, football does not remotely live in the real world. Not so long ago a player like Ian Crook lived in a modest detached house in a village like Marsham, his kids went to the local schools and his wife worked in a local building society. Now?

I personally care more that Norwich City is solvent, existing and playing a game most weekends rather than being part of the obscene EPL but if it made for a better club then I''d accept it; but it doesn''t. It makes supporters more discontent and cynical, puts the costs up and detaches the players.

I defy anyone to say they never had a better time in recent years than they did in L1, The Championship and then with the same group of players Year 1 in the EPL.

I also defy anyone to say that replacing those players with costly imports made them care for their team more.

I''m glad Carrow Road is full and I''m glad going to games gives pleasure to many but for me, if I can''t watch it I''ll listen to the radio and nothing would make me want to go back to games more than if the club fell back on hard times and genuinely needed gate money.

As for those able and willing to go on Saturday, please don''t turn up in a sulk like you did against Spurs. Don''t create an atmosphere of fear so the players feel one error will turn you against them and don''t sit on your hands in silence. You constantly brag about being season ticket holders so go there and enjoy yourselves for a change.

None of this will matter in a few years time. Clubs in China will buy up all the best players, give them better wages than they get in Europe, employ all the best Managers and the EPL, La Liga & Serie A, as we know & love them, will all be shipped lock, stock & barrel overseas.We will rapidly mirror what currently happens in Belgium, Holland etc and The Championship will become the biggest league in England using 2nd rate players & managers so nobody will pay to watch it on TV.As a result there will be no TV money, no players on silly wages, no Foreign owners and no massive transfer fees.The league will be more competitive than for many years and a Clubs major income will revert back to how many bums it can put on seats.Can''t wait!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Football is over-priced and over-hyped like so much else in the UK. It is a bubble that I would happily see burst.

Let''s go back to the 1970''s when we could go to games for a pittance and stand with our mates pretty much where we liked.  [/quote]Much truth in your post but I just picked this line out and as you seem to admit, the stands were half empty. A simple case of supply and demand, if the prices went up the gates went down but that isn''t whats happening now. If we had a 40k capacity fans would pick and choose and after an initial boost prices would have to go back down to increase revenue.Norwich City will never have a ground that is too big or prices that are too high.

Lol. You said you go to matches.  I merely pointed out how much you are on here during or just after some matches.  That''s all. For the record. I am sure you go to some matches, but your holier than thou post  "My way round it is to go to matches" stinks of "I''m better than those that can''t go to matches".   You''re the same as all of us - you write stuff, you''ll get it commented about. 

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Nope, can''t be arsed.

Anyone who can read can see LDC looking to pick a fight and there is no spinning it any other way.

Have a nice day, Lakey.[/quote]

Nail---->head.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Good post Mr Hucker.[/quote]

Yep, well said Rudolph H.Ditto MakingPlans. Bring. It. On. Apparantly the Premier League is "worried" about the money being sunk into the Chinese domestic game. Good, long may it continue and long may they do what they are already doing with that money.