Sign in to follow this  
Newton

What the Hell is going on at Norwich

Why on earth does a debt free club, just promoted to the Prem need to raise additional funds now by selling 3 year season tickets - payable over the next 6 monthsNo substantial funds invested in transfers, linked to every cheap jack going, what are we not being told - we are a laughing stockLets see the current owners are not prepared to invest any money (yes the club owes them £1/2M thats all) but they are happy to see fans basically loan the club cash by selling 3 year season tickets, payable nowWhat happens when we have spent this income and our income for the 3 years is reduced because there will be no revenew from these ticket sales (why all the rush to repay debt - this has the same effect - less surplus cash to spend each season), I know perhaps fans can donate there organs to the club to raise cash D & M will announce that nextThe time has now come for the current owners to look for a bailout - what the hell is going on, someone needs to explain why this is necessary ?I fear for the long term future of this club under the tenure of the current owners

it''s the way of the English greed ..look at Blackpool fc ..QPR ..the owners take the wealth ..make a half a.rsed attempt to fool the real fans ..the real way to make a club successful is by results on the park with players who don''t cost millions ..you have the best manager in British football right now ..why are freaking out ? that league is only over rated by the media bt and sky sports ..I''d put my trust in Alex Neil .

You don''t want the tickets, don''t buy them.

It''s not rocket science. Or maybe it is to you.

There''s a whole range of activities going on Newton. More information can be found here -http://www.visitnorwich.co.uk/whats-happening/

That gin afternoon is particularly appealing, no?

But don''t forget to keep your ear close to the ground for some more vibrant underground arts events which are thriving in Norwich.

I don''t know if we still securitise our season ticket sales, but a three year ticket would make this process easier and allows the club to plan ahead without potential risk of relegation impacting season ticket sales. It seems a sensible financial decision.

Preston away for your lads today, hope Sears breaks a metatarsal.

Putting aside the predictable and dull "troll", "binner", "pant wetting Nancy boy" retorts the OP has a seriously valid point.

When you think about the club''s latest money making gimmick of ''losing your shirt'' in order to buy a shirt farce coupled with the buy your 3 year season ticket up front nonsense surely NCFC should launch a new club tagline with it?

Here''s my suggestion:

''Support Norwich City - but please gamble responsibly''

Any other suggestions for a Norwich City tagline based on what we have had to endure this Summer?

I don''t get all this hatred of gambling from some (supposed) Norwich supporters - it is an entirely legal thing, and it seems that any number of clubs are fully sponsored by random online gambling ventures. I can''t really see the issue, many sports are entirely supported by such companies (snooker). There''s obviously an issue of addiction, but so there is with many things - I don''t recall people having had a problem when an alcohol brand was our sponsor.

"What we have had to endure this summer"?

You pant-wetting pussy boy.

We have signed four players, have our strongest PL squad this decade and are actively pursuing further signings while on the pitch we made an established Premier team look like League One opposition on their own ground.

Foe your tag line idea, I suggest "Norwich City - Better than some fans deserve".

I am not saying "Ban Gambling".

I am saying that, in my opinion, it is hypocritical to position the club as a "community club" and then use a shirt offer to introduce people to gambling.

Corals and Norwich City are not a combination that makes sense with the way the club has been marketed, but everything has its price it would seem.

Yes, I know "everyone else is doing it."

Is the 3 year season ticket mandatory?, it would appear from the OP`s post that it is, but of course that is not actually the case is it.

People will choose whether or not to go for a three year ticket based on their particular circumstances, it is simple as that.

You ought to come to Norwich one day Newton, it is a beautiful city, a top shopping destination, a UNESCO City of Literature, loads of things to see and do.....oh we also have a well run, Premiership Football Club.........

BBB

"Corals and Norwich City are not a combination that makes sense with the way the club has been marketed, but everything has its price it would seem. "

Where do you get these romantic dreams from, it''s a hard nosed business not a drop in for the elderly and bewildered.

You''ll have us taking match day pies off the menu and replacing them with pickled cabbage next. The fat lad in front of me would be lethal if he ate that mind you, he is already capable of clearing 3 rows with his anal breath.

I do actually find it very odd getting 3 year season ticket offer. The club knows we were a sell out every match even in League 1. I don''t think there can be too much concern over attendances dropping.

The club appear to be doing themselves out of long term revenue from ticket price increases for a short term gain in cash flow. Why would this be necessary with the vast income increase we have this year and with no debts left to pay off?

Sure it rewards us fans who can afford to pay up for 3 seasons but I really can''t make sense of it from the clubs point of view. Especially when you ask ''why now?''. Surely this would have been a more useful initiative when the club was having more financial struggles.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I do actually find it very odd getting 3 year season ticket offer. The club knows we were a sell out every match even in League 1. I don''t think there can be too much concern over attendances dropping.

The club appear to be doing themselves out of long term revenue from ticket price increases for a short term gain in cash flow. Why would this be necessary with the vast income increase we have this year and with no debts left to pay off?

Sure it rewards us fans who can afford to pay up for 3 seasons but I really can''t make sense of it from the clubs point of view. Especially when you ask ''why now?''. Surely this would have been a more useful initiative when the club was having more financial struggles.[/quote]Exactly what this offer is still needs to be clarified, because the wording on the official site seems to be contradictory. If it is a welcome return to a pay-now freeze then on the face of it it is strange, although as a general rule of thumb anything that baffles and enrages Newton has to be a good idea.But bear in mind that a freeze could work both ways. Someone stumping up now could find they have paid for three seasons of Championship football, or even two years of League One fare. or even a year in League Two.

Loyalty should be rewarded more than it is and this three year offer is simply a growing trend in business where the businesses concerned are finally starting to recognise that they need to keep people on side by freezing prices/extend deals to encourage loyalty and goodwill.   It also has the by-product of lessening the office staff work load each year.  An example - I just questioned my AA subscription, (the motor company, not the other one...) and they not only reduced it, but offered it at the same reduced rate for a second year forward.   If companies think there is a risk of losing customers for some reason they will try and find strategies for keeping people on board.   Not sure why NCFC would think they risk losing ST holders.........

LDC & Purple you are slowly coming round to my way of thinking

To emphasise what I am saying :-

If 5,000 take up the offer the club will have an immediate cash injection of £7,5M this season, but our income over each of the next 3 seasons will be reduced by £2.5M

Given the fact we are debt free, in the richest league in the world and on the crest of a wave, the club needs to come clean and explain why it is ness now to basically raise a short term loan from the fans

What is going on ?

The fools on here are prattling on about £15M for Austin etc etc etc yet a debt free club is trying to raise £5 /7M or perhaps even more

WHY ?

ARE WE THAT SHORT OF CASH CAUSE WE CANT UNLOAD YTHE EXPENSIVE NO HOPERS ?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?

"What the Hell is going on at Norwich?"

There''s a football game going on there this afternoon that you won''t be attending

Next question

Buh wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 11:06 AM:

"What the Hell is going on at Norwich?"

There''s a football game going on there this afternoon that you won''t be attending

Next question

Buh- Typical troll comment, expect nothing less from you - cause I''m going - will your dad be taking you ?To get back to me post, this is a financial decision by the club where they are trying to borrow short term cash from the fans (D & M wont put anything in)

The club needs to tell us why this is necc given the fact a big hoorar was made about the fact we were debt free

[quote user="Buh"]"What the Hell is going on at Norwich?"

Next question[/quote]

Someone, get this Buh-troll off this forum. Newton raises a very sound question indeed, and instead of proper answers/discussion from the likes of Buh, we see his usual trolling, one-liners and general no-use commenting trying to ridicule other posters. We dont need this sh***te

Re: What the Hell is going on at Norwich

Loyalty should be rewarded more than it is and this three year offer is simply a growing trend in business where the businesses concerned are finally starting to recognise that they need to keep people on side by freezing prices/extend deals to encourage loyalty and goodwill. It also has the by-product of lessening the office staff work load each year. An example - I just questioned my AA subscription, (the motor company, not the other one...) and they not only reduced it, but offered it at the same reduced rate for a second year forward. If companies think there is a risk of losing customers for some reason they will try and find strategies for keeping people on board. Not sure why NCFC would think they risk losing ST holders.........

Can they do anything for you on canaryplayer. Presumably if they knocked the price down a bit( from the less than £1 a game) you might be tempted?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 11:28 AM:

What we don''t need is posters trying to get others removed from the forum.

Well said Nigel, have a word with Tilly after the game if you would, he''s up to those sorts of tricks all the time👍

Just because we are debt-free it doesn''t mean we should be careless with money-''Look after the Pennies and the Pounds will look after themselves''.

If you want to have a word with Tilly after the game you can find him in the Nelson Winky. I doubt you will though.....

If posts offend then report the posts. That''s what the button is for. I don''t but then I''m not easily offended.

This is a real "non story", the three year offer is not exactly prominent, I doubt many ST holders are aware of it. The example put up by Newton talk about 5000 ST holders taking up the offer, out of what 20,000+ ST holders?, so basically 15000 ST holders will continue to renew as normal, so as I say a "non story" from a poster that alleges to be a Norwich City fan........

Re: What the Hell is going on at Norwich

This is a real "non story", the three year offer is not exactly prominent, I doubt many ST holders are aware of it. The example put up by Newton talk about 5000 ST holders taking up the offer, out of what 20,000+ ST holders?, so basically 15000 ST holders will continue to renew as normal, so as I say a "non story" from a poster that alleges to be a Norwich City fan........

Faded you are obviously not a Season ticket Holder

By lunch time today, before we had left for the match, my wife , son and daughter (plus me ) who are all season ticket holders have had personal emails and texts to our mobile phones

The club is desperate for the cash

WHY