Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Benik Afobe

I believe if AN wants Afobe, he will get him, there are lots of twists and turns left in this window yet, and until yesterday I thought Grabban would be a striker on our books for the rest of the season, my views have now changed.

Good riddance to Grabban, take the money and use the funds for Afobe. If Grabban believes he''ll be first choice at Bournmouth he''s in for a shock!?

[quote user="Prem1"]I don''t think Wolves are going to sell whatever we bid , time is now running very short and our forward line needs some serious bolstering before the window slams shut if we have other targets its time to move onto them .[/quote]

Trouble is that this late in the window every selling club is in the same boat, no time to sort out replacements.

The Grabban situation might mean that Hooper stays as can''t risk losing both without at least 1 replacement having arrived.

I suspect the last day or so of the window will be absolutely bonkers!

Anyone else finding it odd that Afobe hasn''t come out and publically committed himself to Wolves yet amidst this flurry of speculation?

According to Daily Mail in last half hour our chase for Afobe has  about ended and we are going back to Dwight Gayle...lol full circle then.

[quote user="kick it off"]Anyone else finding it odd that Afobe hasn''t come out and publically committed himself to Wolves yet amidst this flurry of speculation?[/quote]Personally I find it refreshing that both player and agent have kept their mouths closed.

Okay, my source (a friend) told me last night about a meeting Afobe asked to have with Wolves. Today, I am told Norwich will bid again. That''s it.

I think the agent is playing the cards with Afobe himself, and he will say nothing publicly.

Afobe could of course use it as an opportunity to get an improved contract out of Wolves.

[quote user="firststeps"]Just heard from my Wolves friend that Afobe will be leaving Wolves this window. I really hope he comes to us !?[/quote]Whilst I wouldn''t mind this, the main thing I hope is that we don''t over pay for him.And I think we need to get rid of Lafferty, Hooper and Grabban first.

Yes I also understand he is leaving Wolves in January. You can also read about their financial problems and the mood is different than last summer. Whether it''s Us or Newcastle though ?

Did anyone notice that despite setting up the first goal AND being close to his team mates for the second, afobe distanced himself with his team and didn''t celebrate either goal. He for sure is not a happy bunny and I suspect he knows we want him but wolves have probs slapped a silly price on his head. If he throws his toys out of the pram then it will make it easier for DM to negotiate a lower price.

Really hope we can get this deal over the line alongside a new cb!

I think he''d be a good investment, but perhaps not one to lean on for means of our survival

dang i thought this topic was happily dead and forgotten, firststeps  you had to open it up again huh?..i suppose was inevitable somebody would have.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I''m sorry, but I''m almost certain that we will be playing 442 multiple times this year.[/quote]

Don''t need to apologise....

Palace want him to replace Gayle who is coming to us.

[quote user="JF"]Palace want him to replace Gayle who is coming to us.[/quote]Dear God i hope we do not sign Gayle , nowhere near Premiership standard and way below what we already have , would rather recall Hooper .