Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Sporting Pull Out Of RVW Deal

Dogg, did you ever see him play for Lisbon or Utrecht? He got selected for the Dutch national team...I''m sorry , but that means you''re a good footballer...

By that logic Rob, Jay Bothroyd is a good striker. He once played for England. He never played again though as they realised it was all hype and he wasn''t actually very good. Ricky played what, once for Holland? I don''t think he will ever again.

As Flavour Flav once said "don''t believe the hype"

[quote user="Dead Canary"]By that logic Rob, Jay Bothroyd is a good striker. He once played for England. He never played again though as they realised it was all hype and he wasn''t actually very good. Ricky played what, once for Holland? I don''t think he will ever again. As Flavour Flav once said "don''t believe the hype"[/quote]

Ricky played for the national team at U19, U21 and twice for the senior side.

Facts, not hype.

He''s a bit like that girl you get into a relationship with, realise they''re fucking useless, and do everything in your power to get rid through consistent implication of dislike etc etc, but they keep clinging on cause they get to drive your car.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Dead Canary"]By that logic Rob, Jay Bothroyd is a good striker. He once played for England. He never played again though as they realised it was all hype and he wasn''t actually very good. Ricky played what, once for Holland? I don''t think he will ever again. As Flavour Flav once said "don''t believe the hype"[/quote]

Facts, not hype.

[/quote]
So, ignoring the U19 and U21 sides, which are no proof of him being a Premier League quality player, he only appeared twice for the senior side. So they gave him a couple chances, realised he was wank, and dropped him.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Facts, not hype.

[/quote]A bit of perspective. He started in a friendly against Ukraine in August 2010. This was the Netherlands'' first game after their World Cup final and the team was effectively a second-string team of youngsters. None of the WC finalists started in that match. He got a second chance in 2013 (on the back of his goals for Sporting), as a second-half sub, in another friendly, against Indonesia. So he has never been selected for a competitive game.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

Facts, not hype.

[/quote]

A bit of perspective. He started in a friendly against Ukraine in August 2010. This was the Netherlands'' first game after their World Cup final and the team was effectively a second-string team of youngsters. None of the WC finalists started in that match. He got a second chance in 2013 (on the back of his goals for Sporting), as a second-half sub, in another friendly, against Indonesia. So he has never been selected for a competitive game.
[/quote]

Purple, as a numbers man I''m sure you recognise that two is more than one, which was the original point Dead Canary was making, in fact he''s played twice the number of games that Dead Canary claimed.

I know that the figures being bandied about are beyond most people on here''s (Purple excepted) appreciation salary wise, but, if they are accurate then he is actually willing to take a 25% pay cut to go back to Lsibon, we are paying an alleged £40k pw, or ~£2mil pa, the figure he''s asking for is reported as £1.5m pa, still a very significant sum but how many of you would be willing to take a 25% wage cut to get your career back on track?

I fear that the current Eurozone situation is not helping us in this instance as any wage offer made by Lisbon is getting progressively worse without cahnging...

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

Facts, not hype.

[/quote]A bit of perspective. He started in a friendly against Ukraine in August 2010. This was the Netherlands'' first game after their World Cup final and the team was effectively a second-string team of youngsters. None of the WC finalists started in that match. He got a second chance in 2013 (on the back of his goals for Sporting), as a second-half sub, in another friendly, against Indonesia. So he has never been selected for a competitive game.[/quote]

Purple, as a numbers man I''m sure you recognise that two is more than one, which was the original point Dead Canary was making, in fact he''s played twice the number of games that Dead Canary claimed.

[/quote][:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="cornish sam"]

I know that the figures being bandied about are beyond most people on here''s (Purple excepted) appreciation salary wise, but, if they are accurate then he is actually willing to take a 25% pay cut to go back to Lsibon, we are paying an alleged £40k pw, or ~£2mil pa, the figure he''s asking for is reported as £1.5m pa, still a very significant sum but how many of you would be willing to take a 25% wage cut to get your career back on track?

I fear that the current Eurozone situation is not helping us in this instance as any wage offer made by Lisbon is getting progressively worse without cahnging...

[/quote]

I don''t know if the figures are accurate but the problem van Wolfswinkel has is that if he wants to get his career back on track - by playing in a serious league -  he willl have to take a big pay cut.

He may not have to take a pay-cut. I''m sure there is room for Norwich to continue to pay a portion of his wages for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

Any deal for him to move permanently was always going to take a long while to finalise. Everyone knows how desperate Norwich are to move on from the whole sorry affair and the buying club and Ricky''s agent will take full advantage of that.

Ricky''s representative would be an idiot to agree terms so quickly - he''ll be on the phone to McNally saying ''a deal can be done, if you guys keep paying him £10k a week''.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]He may not have to take a pay-cut. I''m sure there is room for Norwich to continue to pay a portion of his wages for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

Any deal for him to move permanently was always going to take a long while to finalise. Everyone knows how desperate Norwich are to move on from the whole sorry affair and the buying club and Ricky''s agent will take full advantage of that.

Ricky''s representative would be an idiot to agree terms so quickly - he''ll be on the phone to McNally saying ''a deal can be done, if you guys keep paying him £10k a week''.[/quote]True, Bethnal. I was forgetting to factor that in, although would we be willing to make up his wages entirely to his Norwich City level? I would have thought he would still be getting a fair bit less.But there is indeed plenty of time for a deal, with more than seven weeks until the end of the transfer window. I still think my money is safe that he won''t be in our 25-man squad come September 2.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cornish sam"]

[/quote]

I don''t know if the figures are accurate but the problem van Wolfswinkel has is that if he wants to get his career back on track - by playing in a serious league -  he willl have to take a big pay cut.
[/quote]

I was trying to make the point that 25% is a big pay cut, it certainly would be for me, then again perhaps I''m just not earning enough!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]He may not have to take a pay-cut. I''m sure there is room for Norwich to continue to pay a portion of his wages for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

Ricky''s representative would be an idiot to agree terms so quickly - he''ll be on the phone to McNally saying ''a deal can be done, if you guys keep paying him £10k a week''.[/quote]This was exactly what I came in to say.Even if we pay him £10k p/w for the remaining two years of his contract, it will cost us around £1m, which is still decent(ish) business if we''re selling him for £3.8m.