Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Canary Player

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]I don''t know why I''m bothering, but if you actually read through you will understand - if you could put your prejudice away for a minute. I was pleased at first, but over the last few weeks realised there is precious little that actually gets out on there - and even in so called "HD" the highlight picture quality is poor.  This may resonate with others who use the service, I don''t know, but starting a thread about it is legitimate, football related and to do with Norwich City. OK??[/quote]Nobody knows why you''re bothering.You''re really not getting the hints, are you? And not just from me.[/quote]

Yes, I''m getting the hints that however reasonable and sensible my posts are they will get short thrift from the likes of you and Lappinitup.  I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I thought Canary Player was good at first glance, but a few weeks later find there is actually little on there to warrant subscribing to it.

You like to post a lot on here.  Whatever percentage of your posts are to do with football, a good part of what you do is antagonistic, unpleasant,  self-engrandising sh*t. Well done. [/quote]Right, final word.You are playing stupid games. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. And you think you are being oh so clever too, holding your hands up and saying "I only want to talk about the club I love". You think you are somehow standing up for your rights, and winding people up seems to be a big part of that.But the fact is, you are truly awful at the game, terrible. I have been in and around internet forums pretty much for as long as they have existed, and blokes like you are ten a penny. I am unpleasant to you because you are dishonest. There has been lies, games, fake accounts and flounces. You make a mockery of the people who genuinely come here to discuss football.You seem to get a perverse kick out of being disliked, you seriously have some real life issues that need addressing.And your antics are frankly embarrassing for a man of your age.[/quote]

Wow. And you think I''ve got problems. Time you stopped living in a virtual world Morty.I''m a real person. Ask Nutty and Tilly.This thread stands up to scrutiny - it may be boring or uninteresting, but it stands scrutiny.I don''t play games with the football club I have followed since the late sixties.I''ve endlessly explained my attempts at avoiding being pursued by the likes of you by trying a different log in name.Real people post on here. Real people - posters I have time for - don''t stand a chance once you get going with your agendas.Real people have different opinions to you. Real people are flawed, can change their minds in the light of experience.You need to stop hiding behind the "Everybody knows it" "Nobody cares"  stuff.   We talk for yourselves on here - no-one else.

FINAL WORD - This was a thread about a football issue. Answer it or for the sake of the rest of us STFU.

Literally nobody cares Lakey.And every single person I talk to from here, when I make my ventures into "the real world" laughs at your silly games.The simple answer is stop playing them, and you won''t get grief.

[quote user="morty"]Literally nobody cares Lakey.And every single person I talk to from here, when I make my ventures into "the real world" laughs at your silly games.The simple answer is stop playing them, and you won''t get grief.[/quote]

I don''t care what you or your mates think. Posters started answering this thread with no problem until you stuck your oar in. Bor, Hardie, CDB, Swindon asked  footballing questions or made points on topic. Herman made a joke,  Lapps asked a question and I answered him.The rest apart from a couple of posts by Daz, Jenkins and Gainer have been you lording it.  Now there is a message there Morty. You would do well to take it in board. You''re quick with your accusations and put downs, but slow to actually show anything other than egotism and insecurity. 

In response to the actual thread, CanariesPlayer is crap, but for us exiles who unfortunately can''t afford to spend hundreds in petrol every week it is a lifeline.

It is pretty cheap, and you get what you pay for really. Other clubs do offer more out of their player services but if the FLi contract is (finally) ending then it doesn''t really make any sense to put much effort in for this season as it will be a revamped new product when the contract expires.

It is a service, a crap service, but well worth the money to me, and I only use it for commentary and the occasional presser.

Originally the service being delivered seemed to be a full on internet TV station, with daily news, interviews galore and their own "trainee" TV presenters. But you can tell that from the lack of investment in either "programming" or additions to the site, that as those in the know say, Canary Player isn''t long for the world.

This tread is all that''s wrong with this forum, it started with LDC making a valid point about Canary Player then it turned into a slagging match. 

LDC,
I have a membership on Canary''s world think it was less than £3pm but its handy if you''re away from Norfolk and want to listen to an away game.
Doesn''t always work  but its ok 90% of the time which is acceptable for the low cost.

As a newcomer to Canary player following the demise of a certain Wiz(No! not that one) I didn''t really know what to expect, but I suppose it equates to value for money over the length of a season.The only issue I had yesterday was trying to decipher the comments of Greg Downs who seemed to be talking through his nose, the main geezer was very lucid and clear-speaking. Presumably they have a different co-commentator every week. If so, perhaps they should have to attend an audition first.Oh! and before any smart-arse comments about actually attending matches instead, distance and medical reasons prohibit me from doing so. I was, however, standing on the terraces long before many of you were born.

[quote user="Orford65"]As a newcomer to Canary player following the demise of a certain Wiz(No! not that one) I didn''t really know what to expect, but I suppose it equates to value for money over the length of a season.The only issue I had yesterday was trying to decipher the comments of Greg Downs who seemed to be talking through his nose, the main geezer was very lucid and clear-speaking. Presumably they have a different co-commentator every week. If so, perhaps they should have to attend an audition first.[/quote]
The main man is Chris Goreham and he''s a brilliant commentator, love his passion, the co-commenter is as you say someone different every week, best ones in my humble opinion are Darel Russell and Darren Eadie, both say it how it is

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Yes, I''m getting the hints that however reasonable and sensible my posts are they will get short thrift from the likes of you and Lappinitup.[/quote]Woah! I''ve only made one post on this thread where I asked a reasonable and sensible question and you gave a reasonable and sensible answer.  I can only assume your need to mention me personally is to draw me into another of your long winded arguments. [/quote]Not so, I answered your question, but don''t pretend you are an innocent with your parody threads (yesterday''s "Simply, Simply") and your jumping in with put down type comments on other threads.  I realise I''m fair game with some people, but in my view, people''s responses on forums show themelves up just as much me, if not more. Sometimes its funny, sometimes its not, that''s life.

[quote user="cityangel"]LDC,
I have a membership on

Canary''s world think it was less than £3pm but its handy if you''re away

from Norfolk and want to listen to an away game.   Doesn''t always work  but its ok 90% of the time which is acceptable for the low cost.
[/quote]

Isn''t that the same as Canary Player?  I agree the commentary is ok - if you have access to a computer/signal.  I suppose with me not being able to get hear the commentary yesterday, it was frustrating last night not getting anything on the player to even say there had been a match, hence my slight irritation showing this morning with the lack of highlights/reports.  The nearest thing to a decent report was from Ricardo.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]This tread is all that''s wrong with this forum, it started with LDC making a valid point about Canary Player then it turned into a slagging match.  [/quote]AgreeIt''s getting almost impossible to have a sensible and constructive debate about anything on here when people are only interested in meaningless point scoring

There are a few individuals that seem to want to use this board to massage their own ego, which says a lot about them, and spoils things for the other posters.

I am incredulous that Morty can be a mod on another board yet whenever he comes home and starts posting here he deliberately indulges himself in picking fights with other posters, behaviour that he would object to and act upon in his own little fiefdom. Often he saves his most agressive and personal attacks for the late evening, for reasons only he will know!

Likewise LDC, who I have defended in the past seems to deliberately post threads that he absolutely knows will provoke, I used to feel a bit sorry for him but really he is the biggest tw@t in all this.

But is it possible to have a sensible and constructive debate about people who you think are only interested in meaningless point scoring.

But if this thread really is all that''s wrong with this forum then that''s not much really is it?

Best footy forum on the net by far in my opinion.

[quote user="Vanwink"]There are a few individuals that seem to want to use this board to massage their own ego, which says a lot about them, and spoils things for the other posters.

I am incredulous that Morty can be a mod on another board yet whenever he comes home and starts posting here he deliberately indulges himself in picking fights with other posters, behaviour that he would object to and act upon in his own little fiefdom. Often he saves his most agressive and personal attacks for the late evening, for reasons only he will know!

Likewise LDC, who I have defended in the past seems to deliberately post threads that he absolutely knows will provoke, I used to feel a bit sorry for him but really he is the biggest tw@t in all this.[/quote]Perhaps if this forum was moderated properly there would be no need for me to constantly pull him up on his deliberately disruptive behaviour.[:)]

And another salient point about this thread is it''s the most popular one today by views and replies. So maybe the moaning is a bit like all those people who complain about the soaps but have a sneaky watch anyway...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And another salient point about this thread is it''s the most popular one today by views and replies. So maybe the moaning is a bit like all those people who complain about the soaps but have a sneaky watch anyway...[/quote]Exactly.People whinge, but they just do love getting involved, don''t they?

[quote user="Vanwink"]

Likewise LDC, who I have defended in the past seems to deliberately post threads that he absolutely knows will provoke[/quote]

Err....Right......

Have you actually read the opening post of the thread?  

Please explain what was provocative about it.

In case you can''t be bothered, the answer  is nothing is provocative about it.  

It was a football question or questions to other supporters asking their opinion on a football supporter''s  matter. 

End of.

[quote user="morty"]Poor, poor, completely innocent Lakey[:(][/quote]

You''d make a good tabloid journalist.  Parasitical obsession with trying to dig the dirt and when there isn''t any you carry on digging anyway.  This was a reasonable thread.  You started the arguments on it, not me.  You''re wrong on this thread as you have been on others.   Carry on. You may fool some people, but any reasonable poster can see right through you. 

Well done for grabbing my attention, by the way.  Again. 

LDC - In response to your point about lack of highlights/interviews after the game, they are contractually prohibited from doing so until Midday on the day following the game. BBC holds exclusivity rights until then (Radio for interviews and Football League Show for highlights). CanariesPlayer/NCFC Youtube ALWAYS have the highlights up within minutes of the time they are allowed to put them up.

[quote user="kick it off"]LDC - In response to your point about lack of highlights/interviews after the game, they are contractually prohibited from doing so until Midday on the day following the game. BBC holds exclusivity rights until then (Radio for interviews and Football League Show for highlights). CanariesPlayer/NCFC Youtube ALWAYS have the highlights up within minutes of the time they are allowed to put them up.[/quote]

Cheers [Y].   

lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/02/2015 6:17 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Likewise LDC, who I have defended in the past seems to deliberately post threads that he absolutely knows will provoke

Err....

Right......

In case you can''t be bothered, the answer is nothing is provocative about it.

It was a football question or questions to other supporters asking their opinion on a football supporter''s matter.

End of.

It''s not just about this post LDC, however even in this one you are again going on about an issue that you have raised before, at the very least why not post on the previous thread rather than starting yet another one.

Your Slowly slowly thread was a deliberate effort to reignite the the hostile debate around your previously deleted thread involving a monkey reference, you knew exactly what you were doing and then you claim to be a victim when people challenge you. You are making a mockery of the board in the same way that Morty does with hs hostile attacks.

There is no room for you to lay the victim any more, those few that seem to support you are clearly not in the full picure, but I am and I see what you do.

As for Nutty''s comment he is absolutely right, it''s the East Enders attraction, but I''m sure that''s not what nutty really wants for this Board.

As for Morty, you are a past master at twisting threads, but you know that you abuse this board in a way that you yourself would not permit on the other one, which stinks.

Morty and LDC are as bad as each other. End of.

I myself am amazed Morty has the hypicrosy to be a mod on one site while being arrogant and abusive on another.

LDC meanwhile loves the drama and attention by the attention seeking threads he creates.

Ban both of the f uckers.

[quote user="Vanwink"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/02/2015 6:17 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Likewise LDC, who I have defended in the past seems to deliberately post threads that he absolutely knows will provoke

Err....

Right......

In case you can''t be bothered, the answer is nothing is provocative about it.

It was a football question or questions to other supporters asking their opinion on a football supporter''s matter.

End of.

It''s not just about this post LDC, however even in this one you are again going on about an issue that you have raised before, at the very least why not post on the previous thread rather than starting yet another one.

Your Slowly slowly thread was a deliberate effort to reignite the the hostile debate around your previously deleted thread involving a monkey reference, you knew exactly what you were doing and then you claim to be a victim when people challenge you. You are making a mockery of the board in the same way that Morty does with hs hostile attacks.

There is no room for you to lay the victim any more, those few that seem to support you are clearly not in the full picure, but I am and I see what you do.

As for Nutty''s comment he is absolutely right, it''s the East Enders attraction, but I''m sure that''s not what nutty really wants for this Board.

As for Morty, you are a past master at twisting threads, but you know that you abuse this board in a way that you yourself would not permit on the other one, which stinks.[/quote]If this forum has different rules as to what is acceptable, who am I to question them?An interesting sidenote here re Lakey and the other forum though. Lakey made a huge fuss as he was initially not allowed to join the other forum, but after much moaning at the owner, he was allowed to do so. On the forum he was as good as gold, staying on topic, not lecturing ( mainly as he was specifically warned about it) but you know what? He missed the abuse, because if you take away the abuse he courts, and his lecturing, there really isn''t a lot left. I had cause to remove one of his posts where he deliberately tried to stir things up. He whined about there not being a level playing field, and hasn''t posted there since, as far as I know. Other than that not one person, myself included, said one thing out of turn to him, and he clearly hated it.Which reinforces my point about his victim behaviour here, he can''t do without it, he specifically courts it. Then plays all innocent.

[quote user="Vanwink"]

As for Morty, you are a past master at twisting threads, but you know that you abuse this board in a way that you yourself would not permit on the other one, which stinks.[/quote]

1. Yes it is about this thread.  Reply to the thread, not to any agenda, imagined or real. 2.  The original slowly slowly thread was an attempt to avoid problems by stating the caveat - my naivety if you like, but nothing else.3.  The other slowly thread was because the original point in the other thread was lost. It remains a salient point in looking towards the end of the season for our club.4.  I am no victim.  I don''t cry victim - I just answer back.5.  Others not in the full picture?  What full picture?  6.  You are no innocent poster. In stirring terms, you''re as bad as Morty.

This was a football thread. Several people have tried to keep it on track - and credit to them.  I feel sorry that people have to put up with the mischief making and rubbish that has appeared.  The perpetrators should plainly know better.  Morty, in paricular, is just having fun at my expense, but he is making it worse for everyone else and it would be better that he just left well alone, especially when he makes himself look so ridiculous in the process.