Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Edworthy Right wing, Briggs Right Back!!!

I have seen a lot of criticism on these boards regarding Mr Rivers, some of it fair some of it not. There has also been some praise for the manor in which edworthy has come and slotted in at Right Back. Not only is he good at defending his runs and passing will help create many chances and is more of an attacking right back.

But I do feel sorry for Briggs who also looked good at Right back towards the end of last season and pre-season.

So Why not put Edworthy on the right Wing and Briggs at Right back. We would then have a winger who can pass and put in a decent cross, but who can also chase back and defend.

Any Comments???

excellent suggestion - certainly one that worthy should have up his sleave once harper''s gone back and rivers is injured again! has the guy ever been in the side for more than 6 weeks?!?!

eddy was a great championship right back, particularly great at getting forward,  but prem football horrendously exposed his positional and defensive discipline. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]eddy was a great championship right back, particularly great at getting forward,  but prem football horrendously exposed his positional and defensive discipline. [/quote]Spot on ZLF.Being honest I''ve never fully understood the Eddy love in on the board, he was a competent and dedicated player no doubt, but he was never a top talent worthy of such adoration IMHO.

I think Marc Edworthy’s last appearance at Carrow Road was for Derby in that terrible Stephen “cheating ****” Bywater 1-2 loss to Derby. I’m still annoyed about it now over nearly seven years later!

From memory ME wasn’t great, got booked for a terrible tackle on Chris Martin and was subbed off either after 45 minutes or early in the second half.