Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

if its Alex Neil why Not ally Mccoist

if we are going to go for a manager from a tinpot league then why not AM who at least managed a massive club

I know rangers were only in the top league for a short time with AM but he has experience at a HUGE club his win rate is something silly like 72 % i know that is in the lower leagues with a big club but also managed in European cups

alex neil has managed mainly in div 1 of the Scottish league with Hamilton !

Well, firstly, we haven''t appointed anyone yet. Do you always shoot this early? There''s a cream or a pill for that I think.

Why aren''t we gettin mourinho eh? Why didn''t Tom Selleck get cast as Indiana jones? Bloody delia!

I think a European cup winner Scottish international and and classed as one of the best players in Europe in his prime is a bit different to alex neil !

but I will support him and is better than the old school managers but I just think ally has done more

Neil''s budget was like £50 and Ally''s was more like £50m Ally has failed at Rangers. They should have been coasting back to the top like Juve did.

Yesterday McCoist did even get a mention on here & now we should have hired him just because he happens to be Scottish too. You couldn''t make it up.

If you want an ancient playing squad full of unfit players and a manager with no clue tactically, go for it! He had three tries at beating Alloa this season and couldn''t do it.

fair play you see more of them than I do I enjoyed your post on the other thread and if he is as good as you say he is i will look forward to seeing what he can do !

McCoist is a no go to me; bettered by Lennon who we chose to ignore and struggled in league 1 despite the hugely overpayed players available. No Thanks.

Neil is left field, aspiring and impressing. Yes it will be a risk, (different league, experience, mid season impact needed) but such an appointrment has more than a feel of Lambert about it.

Can only wait, see and support

Why not?

Because all achievements need to be considered in context, and on that basis Neil has achieved far, far more than McCoist!

Ally McCoist is on gardening leave with Rangers and is not available for a current job in football until Dec 2015 unless somebody wants to pay the 750k cost of the remainder of his contract.Plus given the huge sithe sandwich he had to deal with and the mistakes he''s made he does not look a good prospect.