Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

Didn''t see a match thread so thought i''d make one. Apparently we''re playing the diamond. Grabban in, Redmond out. Johnson starting from what i''ve seen. Everyone confident?

Ruddy

Whits Martin Turner Olsson

Tettey

Johnson Howson

VOO

Jerome Grabban

diamond

Johnson and Tettey playing as wingers[:O]Hopefully as you say, it is a diamond. I am still not keen on the defence. Why isn''t he giving the proper CBs a chance?

That should work but I''d prefer Redmond to Johnson, but then we are away so let''s see. Hell of a substitution if needed though.If we get a goal rush will NA have finally unlocked the key?

team v : Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Turner, Olsson; Tettey; Howson, Johnson; Odjidja; Jerome, Grabban.

subs v : Rudd (GK), Hooper, Hooiveld, Miquel, Josh Murphy, Redmond, O''Neil.

Yeah agree Herman, I don''t want to feel as if i''m bashing Neyul as it''s still early in the season, but not only was whittaker so poor, if we''re playing the diamond, if there''s one RB who knows how to play the diamond, then it''s Russel Martin.

Aparrently Tettey is anchoring (who''s passing in the last game looked very good), Johnson and Howson as false wingers if you like, and VOO (who looked good last game) as the attacking midfielder. I''m not quite sure why we''re still playing Jerome and Grabban up top together, they haven''t been able to link up very well in previous games, hopefully today is the day.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]Certainly looks to be a change of tactics ,,, and that after all is what most have been calling for . I think it has to be worth a try ,, but if it''s not going well at HT ,, should be changed around .........confident of that anyone ?[/quote]Adams started the season making early changes, but has dithered too much recently. Maybe a change of formation will also mean a change of philosophy, and earlier changes if things don''t work out.

Time for an open mind methinks.

It''s an odd one for a winger to pick!

Diamond ?

Maybe he thinks that we can get width from overlapping backs with Tetty dropping to cover with the centre backs?

We look like we should utterly dominate the midfield.

What a bench though.

If you were Wed would you want to play this team?

Certainly hoping so Wolf ,,, I think that was what inspired my confidence in NA early on , (the changes ) and you are right that more recently the subs and the timing has had echoes of Hughton .

Ever the optimist ,,, maybe this is a good way to stop being "predictable "

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]Certainly hoping so Wolf ,,, I think that was what inspired my confidence in NA early on , (the changes ) and you are right that more recently the subs and the timing has had echoes of Hughton .

Ever the optimist ,,, maybe this is a good way to stop being "predictable "[/quote]Well I don''t think anyone would have predicted that lineup and formation, and I would imagine Wednesday would have been thinking about how to nullify Redmond... VOO could be crucial today, maybe just the ''surprise package'' that we need!

Don''t see too much wrong with this selection, really. I imagine Redmond is being rested, has played a lot of games this season already; we should have enough there to get a result at Hillsbrough, but they are no mugs.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]tbh i''m sure they''re glad redmond isn''t playing.[/quote]As someone mentioned (ZLF?) we were becoming predictable with Redmond, a la Snodgrass, and making it easier to defend. Not saying i dislike him though and the thought of him coming on on 70 minutes or so will worry them. Good to see a change of tactics and,as you sat, hopefully it works.

I''m a little concerned this team is playing at Sheff Wed strength, they have big units and play a diamond normally.

Could be conjested all afternoon. This might have been the game for pace, might come with the subs later in the game.....come on City.