Sign in to follow this  
channonswindmill

Nigel Worthington

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Well

now, daughter of mine, I did my bit. I spent 55 minutes of my life trying to

convince the Norwich City directors not to re-appoint Bryan Gunn.""And how did that work out, daddy?""Five days later they re-appointed Bryan Gunn.""Was that the day you shouted a lot, and mummy had to hide the key to the drinks cabinet?""My, what an observant child you are, to be sure.""And this meeting everyone seems to have gone to?""Your

dear mother said it would be bad for my state of mind and that if

instead I accompanied here to a soothing concert of classical music at

the cathedral she might make available the key to the drinks cabinet,

plus other benefits.""What did she mean by ''other benefits'', daddy?""That is quite enough questions for one day. Up the wooden hill for you and mother will be along to read you a bedtime story.""Please can I have ''The Lying Witch and the Boardroom''?""Far too adult. How about ''Geoffrey and the Magic Wallet''?""But I don''t understand the ending!""No-one does, my child. That''s why it is so popular."

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Yes, in NuttyWorld fairy stories are very popular.[/quote]

Whilst that may be true I''ve newver really taken to the brothers grim....

The tale that I always recall is "The Two Travellers", covering the life journeys of a shoemaker and a tailor. I always think of Tangie as the shoemaker as he seemed to have a caustic side to his nature and this tied in with the demise of the shoemaker, who disappeared into the forest never to be seen again. However, the tailor was the merry one, which does not seem to fit Crafty at all. Besides, we all know Crafty is a doctor, or at least, he was. Perhaps the common thread was that they had everyone in stitches.

Mind you there was that one about the brother and sister who were taken in by a wicked witch who liked to cook. I believe she came to an unfortunate end as she was burned to death in her own kitchen like an effigy on a bonfire...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

The tale that I always recall is "The Two Travellers", covering the life journeys of a shoemaker and a tailor. I always think of Tangie as the shoemaker as he seemed to have a caustic side to his nature and this tied in with the demise of the shoemaker, who disappeared into the forest never to be seen again. However, the tailor was the merry one, which does not seem to fit Crafty at all. Besides, we all know Crafty is a doctor, or at least, he was. Perhaps the common thread was that they had everyone in stitches.

[/quote]

You can see how that story has had a profound effect on your writing style.

Best described as a stitched together load of old cobblers[:D]

Once a doctor always a doctor Yankee unless it''s merely a professional courtesy title that can be removed if you are debarred from practising.

You remind me of Rumpelstiltskin - a pompous character who ended up splitting himself in two.

Isn''t there an old storyteller on here who sees the naked emporer''s'' new clothes when he walks around. Rather like only seeing perfection in the majority shareholders.

I often wondered what happened to the old shoemaker. Even the pub at West Earlham named after him is no longer around. [:(]

There once was a bearded old chemist,

Who supported City but on the premise,

That nobody mistook,

His disdain for the cook,

Or the fact that he disliked Mick Dennis.

Oh look, Nutty''s boy Duncan has ridden over the hill. I don''t disdain the cook, I merely don''t believe she is faultless unlike you and your Pa. Mick Dennis is the cook''s mouthpiece so what he writes I don''t necessarily take at face value.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I don''t disdain the cook[/quote]Lol. Surely calling her "the cook" is disdainful?
consider to be unworthy of one''s consideration.
"he disdained his patients as an inferior rabble"
synonyms:scorn, deride, pour scorn on, regard with contempt, show contempt for, be contemptuous about, sneer at, sniff at, curl one''s lip at, pooh-pooh, look down on, belittle, undervalue, slight;
[:S]