Sign in to follow this  
channonswindmill

Nigel Worthington

Far be it from me to get involved in a neighbour dispute but at the time of the meeting at St Andrews Hall there wasn''t a Board of Directors to speak of, poor old Mumbles had to be dragged back to form a quorum until the cavalry arrived.

As for Worthington, like a few others on here I''d have to call it time, I don''t think I could stand another dose of "Know what I mean Roy" and "toe tee toe, two honest teams Roy", right at the moment this is giving me some awful Mick Wadsworth flashbacks.

Now that really was a happy happy time!

The article starts "An influential group of Norwich City fans have issued an overwhelming vote of no confidence in the club''s board".

Who decided that they were ''influential''? Didn''t they just fade away after a failed attempt at a re-launch?

Well that''s one way of looking at it, absolutely and entirely wrong of course but, well, far be it from me to point out your glaring omissions.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Nutty Nigel wrote: But just imagine if Tilly could hire St Andrews Hall for Worthy a second time!!!

You could vote no confidence in the board for a second time![/quote]

Well what a turn up!! Crafty''s finally remembered what the vote was[Y]

I also spoke from the floor at that meeting. As I remember it we didn''t speak anonymously but reading Butler''s link some obviously did.

One supporter said: “We are one of the best supported teams in the

country and we should be a mid to lower table Premiership team. Delia Smith has

completely destroyed this football club and we should be doing everything in our

power to make her life unbearable.

“That is the only way she will understand the damage she has done. I want

her to leave this football club at the earliest opportunity.”

Does that remind you of anything Crafty[:^)]

Of course while this was going on and going nowhere the owners were busy trying to build a new board for us to be confident in. Which made the vote an irrelevance.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Well that''s one way of looking at it, absolutely and entirely wrong of course but, well, far be it from me to point out your glaring omissions.[/quote]

Isn''t it rude to claim something without reasoning why you''ve made that claim?

what an absolute disaster it will be if we bring Worthington back!he''s had his time and was sacked by a league 2 side this season... we cant dwell on the success of a decade ago

I don''t think they ever really wanted to sack Worthington... had they have held on we''d have ended up in league 1 and probably without a Paul Lambert to come in.... we''d never had enjoyed the last few years in the top flight.

They are clearly very fond of Worthington and what he did 10 years ago (the clubs first trophy since 1986?) and may feel that he can do it all over again.. but football has changed, we no longer have a Green, Fleming, Iwan or Hucks... 1 or 2 key players who will get you promoted on their own... Worthington got found out as a manager in the premiership and the years after it... he should not return.

Didn''t we end up in League One anyway?

Also, I don''t think Worthington had a record in the Championship with us that suggested we were immediately destined for relegation.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Wouldn''t surprise me if he did return in some capacity, we all know what this board are capable of...

Here is an example of their desperation from a few years back:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7831932.stm

[/quote]

Your memory seems to be failing again Alex.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Wouldn''t surprise me if he did return in some capacity, we all know what this board are capable of...

Here is an example of their desperation from a few years back:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7831932.stm

[/quote]

Your memory seems to be failing again Alex.

[/quote]

Hardly, NN.

Your attempts to justify the board''s position here is stretching it just slightly - what has the above got to do with the fact that Delia and MWJ blatantly tried to convince their friend Worthington back to the club after Roeder was sacked? It is there, in black and white, and you remember it as well as I do. The "three new directors" may have since joined the board, but three of the current incumbents were on the board back in 2009 when the embarrassing attempt to re-appoint Worthington was made. Your links above don''t add anything to this argument.

It was a total lack of ambition and complete panic mode then, and it is the same now with the appointment of Adams.

Yes really Alex. Or are you now suggesting that the board in Jan 2009 is the same as now. How do you fit Bowkett, Phillips, McNally and Fry into that little equation?

Daly''s post is even more interesting. The Butler used regale us with tales about Worthy going round Delia''s for dinner but never suggested he stayed for afters...

[quote user="The Butler"]

For those who can''t remember:-

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/vote_of_no_confidence_in_city_board_1_644974

[/quote]Didn''t really answer my question at all did it Butler ? Please remember that the vast majority of the 500+ people in attendance that night were not NCISA members and there was no pre written agenda for the night but it soon became obvious that the floor had no faith in how the club was being run at that time so a show of hands was the only way to gauge the feeling that those who spoke were representative of those who chose not to get to their feet to speak. That was why it was described as an open meeting.The Lanzarote Lurker. [;)] 

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Didn''t really answer my question at all did it Butler ? Please remember that the vast majority of the 500+ people in attendance that night were not NCISA members and there was no pre written agenda for the night but it soon became obvious that the floor had no faith in how the club was being run at that time so a show of hands was the only way to gauge the feeling that those who spoke were representative of those who chose not to get to their feet to speak. That was why it was described as an open meeting.

The Lanzarote Lurker. [;)]

[/quote]

What are you wittering on about? What question?

That was a link to the EDP report of the evening so everyone could see what was said and done.No comment made OR intended.

As you know I was there sitting next to Lapp and Nutty (give or take a place or two) and I was not a NCISA member at that time.

Who pray is the "Lanzarote Lurker"

...that has left me baffled or is it some sort of code

Let''s be clear comparing the potential impact of a worthy return compared to awful Adams is a non brainer.

One has got us promoted and managed at international level the other is a radio commentator who has achieved nothing as a manager.

Get him in now and get Adams out this very evening

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]Didn''t really answer my question at all did it Butler ? Please remember that the vast majority of the 500+ people in attendance that night were not NCISA members and there was no pre written agenda for the night but it soon became obvious that the floor had no faith in how the club was being run at that time so a show of hands was the only way to gauge the feeling that those who spoke were representative of those who chose not to get to their feet to speak. That was why it was described as an open meeting.The Lanzarote Lurker. [;)] [/quote]

What are you wittering on about? What question?

That was a link to the EDP report of the evening so everyone could see what was said and done.No comment made OR intended.

As you know I was there sitting next to Lapp and Nutty (give or take a place or two) and I was not a NCISA member at that time.

Who pray is the "Lanzarote Lurker"

...that has left me baffled or is it some sort of code

[/quote]Oh dear me Butler maybe those that know know but those that don''t obviously do not. [:D]

Although Nutty Nigel voted no confidence in the board he did not, of course, intend that to imply any criticism of his perfect heroes, the majority shareholders - they who can do no wrong!!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Although Nutty Nigel voted no confidence in the board he did not, of course, intend that to imply any criticism of his perfect heroes, the majority shareholders - they who can do no wrong!![/quote]

You are talking from hearsay Crafty. I spoke at that meeting. Unfortunately you were indoors stuffing effigies...

Plenty of witnesses to how you voted, Nutty. Once again you side step the point that you cannot abide even the faintest criticism of the majority shareholders. No, I was not stuffing effigies but might do yet!

I have never pretended that I didn''t vote no confidence in the board crafty! So those witness statements from your buddy who sat near me are not needed. There were 500 witnesses to what i said too,.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I have never pretended that I didn''t vote no confidence in the board crafty! So those witness statements from your buddy who sat near me are not needed. There were 500 witnesses to what i said too,.......[/quote]

I am replying to this just to set the record straight.

1. I have never discussed what you voted that evening as I had, and still have, no interest in what you decided or voted.

2. I , as can be verified by Lapp, (if he can remember) declined to join in the vote.

The reason being that we had already learnt that Roger and Neil had resigned (we were told) and Gunn appointed manager.

As that left 3 board members who between them effectively owned the club any such vote was for show and of no effective substance.

(unless of course a whip round in the hall would raise the few millions needed to buy the shares)

Now this is a rum old kettle of fish. It wasn''t that long ago you were trying to claim you and Crafty weren''t buddies...

What you are saying about the vote is of course correct. The wind was totally taken from the meetings sails by the resignations a day or so earlier. But the meeting went ahead anyway. And can best be described as a service to give fans a chance to let off steam. Most of the speakers wanted to punish the club in some way. But I don''t remember any who were constructive about what could be done moving forwards. I mentioned this when I spoke near the end but the meeting closed. All the angry folk left with their torches & pitchforks, and didn''t reconvene until August. And I went for a beer in the Festival House with a fella called face!

Meanwhile your devious duo were having meetings of their own and rebuilding for the future.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now this is a rum old kettle of fish. It wasn''t that long ago you were trying to claim you and Crafty weren''t buddies...

What you are saying about the vote is of course correct. The wind was totally taken from the meetings sails by the resignations a day or so earlier. But the meeting went ahead anyway. And can best be described as a service to give fans a chance to let off steam. Most of the speakers wanted to punish the club in some way. But I don''t remember any who were constructive about what could be done moving forwards. I mentioned this when I spoke near the end but the meeting closed. All the angry folk left with their torches & pitchforks, and didn''t reconvene until August. And I went for a beer in the Festival House with a fella called face!

Meanwhile your devious duo were having meetings of their own and rebuilding for the future.

[/quote]

I was replying to your inference not anything else, so don''t twist please.

Rebuilding the club was exactly what most wanted and were pleased they brought in people to "help" sort it out.

What followed was the good years of Lambert followed by the not so good of CH and relegation again. 

This season is still in the fingers crossed mould but at this stage could go either way.So lets not get carried away just yet.

The kettle of fish gets rummer by the post! I was replying to crafty who stated "plenty of witnessesto how you voted". Now these " witnesses" must have sat nearby and be craftys buddy. You chose to make it about you. However there were probably 500 witnesses who heard what I said...

Maybe its what -most" wanted but not what you wanted. You wanted the removal of "the devious duo".

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The kettle of fish gets rummer by the post! I was replying to crafty who stated "plenty of witnessesto how you voted". Now these " witnesses" must have sat nearby and be craftys buddy. You chose to make it about you. However there were probably 500 witnesses who heard what I said... Maybe its what -most" wanted but not what you wanted. You wanted the removal of "the devious duo".[/quote]

It''s having years of experience in dealing with your innuendos so don''t pretend that wasn''t your aim.

You have also strayed way away from the topic of your mate Worthington and who caused his removal and why.