Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Ricky Staying?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Read between the lines Highland. Us who watched the games last season could see that in some part, Snodgrass was statistically our most effective player because he was greedy which had a knock on effect on the likes of RVW. Obviously it''s not all as black and white as that but we see it as Snoddy not being as good as his stats say and RvW being better than his stats say. If RvW can bang a hattrick past Lazio and co, what''s to say he won''t against Brentford, Ipswich and Rotherham? Football is unpredictable.[/quote]

Spot on Jimmy!

Anything is, of course, possible Jimmy. But, in my view, RvW is likely to be equally ineffective in the Championship. And if we need to average say four points every two games we will not have the luxury of passengers. I''m not sure we would even being having this debate if an experienced outsider was at the helm.

I guess we''ll just have to agree to disagree on what a different manger would do with RvW.

You would have to be a halfwit to think what we saw of RVW was all he has to offer. There is a good player in there without doubt, our manager and his staff are the only people who will have any real idea as to whether he will adapt and if we ever get to see that good player rather than what we did see.

Yes RVW was shit last year

but some of the moaning is just bull one game according to everyone he missed a sitter from Redmond at the death when you watch the replays the ball was passed behind him

but not once did Redmond get abuse for some truly shocking delivery all season if at all

Given we have Hooper, Becchio, Grabban and probably Lafferty, i''m sure we have plenty of plan b''s should keeping Ricky not pay off. I just think he could be the difference if he can finally show his potential.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET RID WASTE OF SPACE

Could anybody provide the statistic as to how many times Snodgrass and RvW have been on the pitch together, and how many times they have appeared independent of each other?

I wonder if Snodgrass'' presence and therefore the tactics and style of play is proportional to RvW''s cr*pness? Did RvW get to play much without having to try to convert Snodgrass'' floated outswingers? Notice that the only goal we have to judge him by came from a conversion from the right wing. And it wasnt supplied by Snodgrass.

Any chance we could blame it all on Snodgrass (seeing as he''s going?)

Maybe it was Hootin who messed him up..well he did everybody else!