Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Hooper £8M bid

I don''t give the Scotsman article any credence at all. It''s just a ''what if'''' scenario based on the previous false rumours. The club has said that no bids have been made for Hooper and that he hasn''t asked to leave. That will do for me until something concrete happens.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]It would be madness to let one of our two most important players, and the one who most likely will top our goals scored list, leave for £8m.[/quote]

You really couldn''t make this up[:O]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]It would be madness to let one of our two most important players, and the one who most likely will top our goals scored list, leave for £8m.[/quote]

If he is so important why did he only start 1 game in the last 5?

I''m sure Hooper will score goals in the Championship but he''s a very average player beyond what he does in the penalty box.

[quote user="GJP"]

If he is so important why did he only start 1 game in the last 5?

I''m sure Hooper will score goals in the Championship but he''s a very average player beyond what he does in the penalty box.

[/quote]What they do in the penalty box is what makes top class strikers , Rhodes does nothing outside the box as did Lineker but i have a player like that over a Grabban any day of the week .

[quote user="mrs miggins"]no it would be crazy to sell someone who is going to score the majority of goals for us[/quote]

More reason to sell Hooper, cuz it sure isn''t going to be him scoring the majority of goals for us.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 11:54 AM:

Hooper is a decent player, but that would be a great profit on a player after just a season, and for that sort of money I think we can get someone who can do a similar job for us at half the price.

8 million you say? - SOLD!

^^^^^^^^^^^

This[/quote]And replace him with who exactly ? Hooper is head and shoulders above the lad we signed yesterday . Blackburn want £14 million for Rhodes yet you would have us sell a player who will score just as many in this league for £8 million . [/quote]

That "lad" we bought yesterday has scored 3 more goals in the Championship than Hooper did in the same (1 year) time in the Championship. I''d say he''s better if we''re going by that moronic logic....

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 11:54 AM:

Hooper is a decent player, but that would be a great profit on a player after just a season, and for that sort of money I think we can get someone who can do a similar job for us at half the price.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This[/quote]And replace him with who exactly ? Hooper is head and shoulders above the lad we signed yesterday . Blackburn want £14 million for Rhodes yet you would have us sell a player who will score just as many in this league for £8 million . [/quote]

That "lad" we bought yesterday has scored 3 more goals in the Championship than Hooper did in the same (1 year) time in the Championship. I''d say he''s better if we''re going by that moronic logic....[/quote]First good season Grabban has had at age 26 , been around quite a bit at a lower level and never really produced before and you think hes better than Hooper , oh dear oh dear oh dear . When you drop out of the Premiership any player that leaves will be replaced by a cheaper inferior one and people calling for players to go would do very well to remember it . Yes Rhodes would be a great signing and would get under our neighbours skins too but Norwich are not going to spend £10 million while we are in the Championship so that one just isnt going to happen .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 11:54 AM:

^^^^^^^^^^^

That "lad" we bought yesterday has scored 3 more goals in the Championship than Hooper did in the same (1 year) time in the Championship. I''d say he''s better if we''re going by that moronic logic....[/quote]First good season Grabban has had at age 26 , been around quite a bit at a lower level and never really produced before and you think hes better than Hooper , oh dear oh dear oh dear . When you drop out of the Premiership any player that leaves will be replaced by a cheaper inferior one and people calling for players to go would do very well to remember it . Yes Rhodes would be a great signing and would get under our neighbours skins too but Norwich are not going to spend £10 million while we are in the Championship so that one just isnt going to happen .[/quote]

And Hooper produced at a level lower than League 2. Whereas Grabban has produced at a higher level consitently. Past 3 years he scored 18, 13 and 22. Your logic is unbelievably moronic. oh dear oh dear oh dear.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 11:54 AM:

^^^^^^^^^^^

That "lad" we bought yesterday has scored 3 more goals in the Championship than Hooper did in the same (1 year) time in the Championship. I''d say he''s better if we''re going by that moronic logic....[/quote]First good season Grabban has had at age 26 , been around quite a bit at a lower level and never really produced before and you think hes better than Hooper , oh dear oh dear oh dear . When you drop out of the Premiership any player that leaves will be replaced by a cheaper inferior one and people calling for players to go would do very well to remember it . Yes Rhodes would be a great signing and would get under our neighbours skins too but Norwich are not going to spend £10 million while we are in the Championship so that one just isnt going to happen .[/quote]You mean a bit like Holt.But looking at your name you have obviously only joined to wind everyone up and share and share your negativity

The jury must be still out on the value of Gary Hooper surely and, at the moment we would just about get our money back IMO. Another half a dozen more goals last season and the we could have  begun to talk up a  higher valuation.

I hope he stays as it could well turn out to be a case of ''what might have been'' with this player. When he was good he was very good but once inflicted with Hughtonism he seemed dispirited and under-performed. A few of his actual goals exhibited real striker''s class and he takes a mean penalty.

Hooper, Grabban, Loza seems like the basis of a decent enough strike force for next season and I am one of those who wants us to keep RVW, until Xmas at least. Thus Grabban replaces Elmander and a.n.other replaces the hapless Luciano (Luciano, wherefore art thou Luciano?) Becchio, whose confidence must be shot and whose distaste for our Club must be intense.

We can hardly spend the major part of the season bemoaning the system and the lack of service given to our strikers only to discard them as failures at the first opportunity.

I want the Winkle, at least, to leave the City with something other than a bad experience in his head. It is possible, and presents an intriguing conundrum.

EGGY wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 6:08 PM:

Get Rhodes!!

What is it about Rhodes?

All the rich Premiership clubs have looked, and looked, and looked but none of them have put in a bid.

There were plenty of other strikers being bought and sold for the same price that he is being quoted as being worth, but still no takers.

We have been told on here many times about the poor quality of Scottish football. What has happened to his international career? Surely he should have been the first name on the team sheet.

What am I missing?

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 06/06/2014 11:54 AM:

^^^^^^^^^^^

That "lad" we bought yesterday has scored 3 more goals in the Championship than Hooper did in the same (1 year) time in the Championship. I''d say he''s better if we''re going by that moronic logic....[/quote]First good season Grabban has had at age 26 , been around quite a bit at a lower level and never really produced before and you think hes better than Hooper , oh dear oh dear oh dear . When you drop out of the Premiership any player that leaves will be replaced by a cheaper inferior one and people calling for players to go would do very well to remember it . Yes Rhodes would be a great signing and would get under our neighbours skins too but Norwich are not going to spend £10 million while we are in the Championship so that one just isnt going to happen .[/quote]You mean a bit like Holt.But looking at your name you have obviously only joined to wind everyone up and share and share your negativity[/quote]Holt had three good years in a team that was on a roll , he couldnt buy a goal at Wigan last season , quite frankly if you think Grabban is anywhere near the class of Hooper then you are best left to your own delusions , you probably believe Adams is a better choice as manager than Lennon also .

Allot of people on here are saying, yeah profit, great, sold.

Well, we could sell him, but if he scores 20 plus goals in the championship and helps us get promoted where we would get many many many more millions of pounds, he would be worth an awful lot more to us.

Would definitely keep, if we can, for next season. We paid a reported £5.5m because he only had a year left on his contract. I believe he has two left on his current deal (with a year''s option).

His goal against Swansea showed that he''s not just a box finisher and he would have scored more goals in a more attacking team last season.

For these reasons I would have thought a PL club would be paying £10m for him at least. I fail to see why he would fetch less than Rhodes and don''t forget there are idiots out there prepared to pay £15m for the likes of Andy Carroll.

I agree that money isn''t the issue with Hooper. We''ll struggle to replace him if he leaves and our chances will be much better if we can keep as many players as we can. City need a good start to the season and as such, can''t afford time for a lot of new players to gel.