Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Chelsea Vs Norwich - Match Thread

City are playing well, decent performance so far... bit more confidence this week but they really need to put any chances away.

Lincoln, I wouldn''t say that''s fair at all. Pilkington is injured, and his heart is clearly not in it. Hoolahan is more debatable, but he''s been poor recently too as well as the fact we know he doesn''t want to be here. Would you really play such players when it really matters? He can choose between skilful players with no graft, or grafters with no skill. We''re up against it either way, but I see why he''s gone with the players he''s gone with.

We''ve actually looked pretty good so far - a couple of half chances and a stonewall pen. Elmander looking much more useful than RVW or Hooper on his own. Olsson looking good on the left.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]On paper our starting 11 looks rubbish. In reality it''s awful.

The Leeds trio does not work. Sorry Neil but you are making the same mistakes as Hughton. Not been impressed at all.

Why the hell hasn''t Pilkington or Hoolahan been selected.[/quote]

We''ve played it pretty much spot on so far imo.

Difficult playing 12 men though...

we are doing ok, redmond on for snodgrass please, need some pace to throw at terry and co, weve seen olsson getting in behind and causing problems, snoddy not really in the game

weve got to give them something to think about going forward

That would be an interesting substitution with Wes not even on the bench

[quote user="alartz"]All this falling over. Get longer studs FFS![/quote]more to do with the amount the pitch is watered before kick off

Norwich must be the worst team out of all the four teams when in possession in their own half.

Tettey has been man of the match so far, although Elmander putting in a terrific stint.

[quote user="iron_stan"]we are doing ok, redmond on for snodgrass please, need some pace to throw at terry and co, weve seen olsson getting in behind and causing problems, snoddy not really in the game

weve got to give them something to think about going forward[/quote]

The trouble is stan, Redmond has been playing every game recently and he''s done nothing in those games. We said after 5-10 games he needs to improve his final ball - but if anything it''s got worse, as well as his general passing.

I know you have an agenda against Snoddy, but the fact remains he''s often been the man to pop up with a goal or an assist. He''s not having a great game yet I admit, but I don''t think Redmond would be doing any better. Perhaps bring him on later if we''re still 0-0.

Anybody else massively glad that we didn''t have to/choose to wear the White away strip today? You could see the headlines about surrendering our PL status coming... Naturally, there are no jokes whatsoever about yellow..! CCOY

MancCanary wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 4:42 PM:

iron_stan wrote:
we are doing ok, redmond on for snodgrass please, need some pace to throw at terry and co, weve seen olsson getting in behind and causing problems, snoddy not really in the game

weve got to give them something to think about going forward

The trouble is stan, Redmond has been playing every game recently and he''s done nothing in those games. We said after 5-10 games he needs to improve his final ball - but if anything it''s got worse, as well as his general passing.

I know you have an agenda against Snoddy, but the fact remains he''s often been the man to pop up with a goal or an assist. He''s not having a great game yet I admit, but I don''t think Redmond would be doing any better. Perhaps bring him on later if we''re still 0-0.

If we can keep it like this then I''m sure that bench will be used.

@mancits not agendawe have no pace going forward, whenever we do get the ball forward we cant do anything because it takes the rest of the team way too long to get up the pitch and join inredmond is by far the quickest player, snoddys not really in the game, get him offolsson left, redmond right, give chelsea''s old men at the back something to think about

[quote user="iron_stan"]@mancits not agendawe have no pace going forward, whenever we do get the ball forward we cant do anything because it takes the rest of the team way too long to get up the pitch and join inredmond is by far the quickest player, snoddys not really in the game, get him offolsson left, redmond right, give chelsea''s old men at the back something to think about[/quote]

BUT redmond cant cross the ball and cant shoot so whats the point

E bennet would be a better option

@stan Fair enough, apologies I might be getting you mixed up with someone else.

And to be honest, those last few min showed you''re probably right...

The only thing Chelsea''s defence would have to think about it is how easy it is to defend against a winger who can''t cross or shoot.

Solid first half- we should have had a pen - Schurle should have scored for them, so pretty even really. They will continue having high posession, and I just hope we won''t tire from ball chasing. If wecould keep it  even to 75 then bring redmond on to stretch? Problem is Hazzard is coming on for them this half probably - eek!MOTM first half for us = Tettey !!

Played very well so far, Johnson getting a lot of stick but even though I''m not his biggest fan at least he gives us a bit if grit in the middle.

Keep this going for 20 mins then to for it with the pace of Redmond and Bennett