MisterCarrow

Predictions for the next 6 games

Stoke (1 - 0 ) W

Southampton ( 2 - 2 ) D

Sunderland ( 2 - 0 ) W

Swansea ( 1 - 3 ) L

WBA ( 2 - 2 ) D

Fulham ( 2 - 2 ) D

So 9 points - earned the hard way. 35 points heading into the "mission impossible" set of final four games.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Alfie54"]If we don''t get sufficient (10?) points out of these six games we simply don''t deserve to stay up[/quote]
with 28 from 28, we''re hardly on course for 10 points from 6 games unfortunately.
[/quote]Why?It''s generally accepted we''ll get nothing from the last 4, which would make 10 from 10, right? [/quote]
The point/question Alfie mentioned was 10 points from 6 games. Not 10 from 10. I believe a point may come from the final 4 games, and I stand by my 7 point prediction.

[quote user="Surfer"]Stoke (1 - 0 ) W

Southampton ( 2 - 2 ) D

Sunderland ( 2 - 0 ) W

Swansea ( 1 - 3 ) L

WBA ( 2 - 2 ) D

Fulham ( 2 - 2 ) D

So 9 points - earned the hard way. 35 points heading into the "mission impossible" set of final four games.[/quote]
*37 points

I am sorry to say, but I don''t think we will pick up any more points away from home. We have been poor and lost to all our relegation strugglers apart from Palace away from home.

Stoke (h) 0-0 D

Southampton (a) 3-0 L

Sunderland (H) 1-1 L

Swansea (a) 2-0 L

WBA (h) 1-0 W

Fulham (a) 4-1 L

I just don''t think we will lose at home but won''t win away and end up with 5 points from the next 6. Will 33 points be enough to be out of the bottom 3 in 6 games time?

[quote user="Indy"]. Will 33 points be enough to be out of the bottom 3 in 6 games time?[/quote]Very much doubt it, Indy.And then it will be the squeaky bum time I referred to earlier, which will see us needing points from the final 4 games.

There are still a lot of points to play for and some very winnable games. But injuries to Fer, RVW and others have come at a bad time. Wes really is not the answer to our midfield and I''m glad to see Howson back.

But the god knows how we have kept 10 clean sheets when you see some of our defending at times!

I don''t see how some on here think we are suddenly going to pick up chapions form and get 11 points from 6 games!

I thought the pundits who wrote us off this season were wide of the mark, but you have to think that they were not too far wrong, worst luck! Fingers crossed for another Spurs like perfromcnace and not a Villa one! We just don''t know what to expect with this team!

Anything less than 3 wins from the 3 home games (Stoke,Sunderland,WBA) and I think we''re down, such is our inability away from home.....it really is that much on a knife edge and the little margin for error we''ve given ourselves.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Anything less than 3 wins from the 3 home games (Stoke,Sunderland,WBA) and I think we''re down, such is our inability away from home.....it really is that much on a knife edge and the little margin for error we''ve given ourselves.[/quote]Our away form is actually not as bad as you may think when compared to our relegation rivals.http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/away.htmlStoke, and Palace both have worse away records than us.West Brom, have only won 1 away game all season, but have managed 6 draws.If you believe (like I do) that both Cardiff & Fulham are as good as down (They both probably need to win half their last 10 games), then we only need to be better than Stoke, Sunderland, Palace or West Brom. All those bar Sunderland have equal or worse home records than us.I agree that winning our home games will be very important, but it will be for those around us as well.

What I think we could do with a unexpected surge of form/confidence/something, assuming Yobo and Snodgrass aren''t really injured;
Stoke 2-0 win
Southampton 3-1 loss
Sunderland 1-0 win
Swansea 2-2 draw
WBA 2-1 win
Fulham 0-0.
(The Southampton result is just to help my Fantasy Football team)
What I actually expect (with a bit of optimism thrown in);
Stoke 1-0 win.
Southampton 3-0 loss
Sunderland 2-1 loss
Swansea 1-1 draw
WBA 1-0 win
Fulahm 6-0 loss.
Stupid Fulham.

[quote user="Indy"]

There are still a lot of points to play for and some very winnable games. But injuries to Fer, RVW and others have come at a bad time. Wes really is not the answer to our midfield and I''m glad to see Howson back.

But the god knows how we have kept 10 clean sheets when you see some of our defending at times!

I don''t see how some on here think we are suddenly going to pick up chapions form and get 11 points from 6 games!

I thought the pundits who wrote us off this season were wide of the mark, but you have to think that they were not too far wrong, worst luck! Fingers crossed for another Spurs like perfromcnace and not a Villa one! We just don''t know what to expect with this team!

[/quote]

Join the other posters who have rubbished my predictions Indy. At least you bothered to make one yourself amongst your criticism of others. There''s no need for it. But if you want to play that game then I''ll rubbish yours. Hughton has 28 points from 28 games this season and 72 from 66 since he came here. What part of that record suggests to you we''ll finish with less than 38 points?

Please note I''m only rubbishing your predictions because you chose that path. Now if you look on Rays Funds each week you will see how posters can make predictions without rubbishing eachothers efforts. You''ll also see how difficult it is to predict one single game let alone 6 or even 10.  I''ll make you an offer you can''t refuse Indy. I''ll put you in charge of the fiver to predict various outcomes against Stoke. You can choose some of the suggestions the PUPs come up with or go withj your own. I''ll put the thread up this evening. Are you up for it? 

Hi Nutty, predections are just that, of no reason, it could be that we go the next ten without winning a single game or ten unbeaten.

I don''t see how we will pick up 11 poins from 6 games though nutty, do you, where is this improvement of form coming from?

As for rubbishing your predection where have I done that?

Last I own my own company who donates directly to the club and will continue to do so on a yearly bases, but I comend you for your efforts in the great job you do.

[quote user="Indy"]

Hi Nutty, predections are just that, of no reason, it could be that we go the next ten without winning a single game or ten unbeaten.

I don''t see how we will pick up 11 poins from 6 games though nutty, do you, where is this improvement of form coming from?

As for rubbishing your predection where have I done that?

Last I own my own company who donates directly to the club and will continue to do so on a yearly bases, but I comend you for your efforts in the great job you do.

[/quote]

Hi Indy, It''s here buddy : -

[quote user="Indy"]I don''t see how some on here think we are suddenly going

to pick up chapions form and get 11 points from 6 games![/quote]

I was the only one who predicted it so I assumed you were referring to me. My long term view is that we''ll get 10/12 points from the next 10 games. That''s based on Hughton''s record here both trhis season and his whole tenure. But the op didn''t ask for that. However the longer period of game for which you predict the more chance you have of being right. Although the games where you predict the points coming from probably won''t be right.

You also totally mis-understood the offer I made to you. I''m not asking you to donate anything to the club or to the charity we Rays Funds for. I''m just asking you to help me spend a fiver that an anonymous benefactor has given us. It''s about predictions and supporting eachother in this community. At the end of it we will have a nice big cheque for the CSF but that''s only a part of what Rays Funds is about. I guess the thing us PUPs have that doesn''t happen on the rest of the board is the ability to post something that could be later proved wrong. We can all quite happily do that but I think for some that would be a step too far. How about you Indy?

It''s a tough one to call, simply because we''re so erratic, we just can''t seem to string two decent results togther.

Stoke D

Southampton D

Swansea D

Sunderland L

WBA W

Fulham L

MisterCarrow I love your optimism, and I really hope you''re right!!

i think

stoke 1-1

southampton 2-0

sunderland 1-1

swansea 3-1

WBA 2-1

Fulham 2-1

5 points, and not enough to keep us up.

Looking at my pre-season predictions I have 3 wins and 3 draws in the final 10 games.At the moment we are 4 points adrift of where I expected us to be.I now expect our final total to be between 36 and 40 points.

[quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

Southampton 1-2Sunderland 1-0Swansea   0-1WBA  1-0Fulham  0-1

[/quote]That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

Southampton 1-2Sunderland 1-0Swansea   0-1WBA  1-0Fulham  0-1[/quote]That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?[/quote]

Nope. 18 points. 3 home wins 3 away wins.  Every one of these is winnable.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

Southampton 1-2Sunderland 1-0Swansea   0-1WBA  1-0Fulham  0-1[/quote]That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?[/quote]

[/quote]Erm, how is a 1-2 defeat at St Mary''s and nil-oners at both the Liberty and The Cottage 3 away wins, Lakey?Even I cannot invent that ......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

Southampton 1-2Sunderland 1-0Swansea   0-1WBA  1-0Fulham  0-1[/quote]That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?[/quote]Nope. 18 points. 3 home wins 3 away wins.  Every one of these is winnable. [/quote]Erm, how is a 1-2 defeat at St Mary''s and nil-oners at both the Liberty and The Cottage 3 away wins, Lakey?Even I cannot invent that ......[/quote]Are you being deliberately  thick or just obtuse?   The away team at an away ground generally  has their score put second.

As usual Reggie you have plenty to say about other posters predictions on the various games but fail to attempt those predictions yourself. The mother-In-Law syndrome strikes again it seems...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

Southampton 1-2Sunderland 1-0Swansea   0-1WBA  1-0Fulham  0-1[/quote]That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?[/quote]Nope. 18 points. 3 home wins 3 away wins.  Every one of these is winnable. [/quote]Erm, how is a 1-2 defeat at St Mary''s and nil-oners at both the Liberty and The Cottage 3 away wins, Lakey?Even I cannot invent that ......[/quote]Are you being deliberately  thick or just obtuse?   The away team at an away ground generally  has their score put second.

[/quote]

Well, I don''t , and know no-one else who does when referring to a  team they support.As a Norwich fan, I tend to put their score first, and the team they are playing second.But now I see what you''ve done, and you''ve explained it. Thanks .Just cannot see the need for the insult. Perhaps you are trying to join Morty and Nige''s double-act?I hope you are right, btw. But I''m just struggling to remember our last 6 game winning streak.......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

[/quote]

Well, I don''t , and know no-one else who does when referring to a  team they support.As a Norwich fan, I tend to put their score first, and the team they are playing second.But now I see what you''ve done, and you''ve explained it. Thanks .Just cannot see the need for the insult. Perhaps you are trying to join Morty and Nige''s double-act?I hope you are right, btw. But I''m just struggling to remember our last 6 game winning streak.......[/quote]
Jeez reggie, you are more of a victim than lakey ever was.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points.  Stoke 2-1

Southampton 1-2Sunderland 1-0Swansea   0-1WBA  1-0Fulham  0-1[/quote]That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?[/quote]Nope. 18 points. 3 home wins 3 away wins.  Every one of these is winnable. [/quote]Erm, how is a 1-2 defeat at St Mary''s and nil-oners at both the Liberty and The Cottage 3 away wins, Lakey?Even I cannot invent that ......[/quote]Are you being deliberately  thick or just obtuse?   The away team at an away ground generally  has their score put second.[/quote]Well, I don''t , and know no-one else who does when referring to a  team they support.As a Norwich fan, I tend to put their score first, and the team they are playing second.But now I see what you''ve done, and you''ve explained it. Thanks .Just cannot see the need for the insult. Perhaps you are trying to join Morty and Nige''s double-act?I hope you are right, btw. But I''m just struggling to remember our last 6 game winning streak.......[/quote]

I can''t help looking at those matches and thinking every one of those is winnable, given the state of the season, the pressure most of those clubs will be under - and of course providing we put on our best performances in the process. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]18 points. 
Stoke 2-1
Southampton 1-2
Sunderland 1-0
Swansea   0-1
WBA  1-0
Fulham  0-1
[/quote]
That''s nine points by my reckoning, Lakey,not eighteen.Three wins and three defeats. ?
[/quote]
[/quote]
Erm, how is a 1-2 defeat at St Mary''s and nil-oners at both the Liberty and The Cottage 3 away wins, Lakey?
Even I cannot invent that ......
[/quote]
Are you being deliberately  thick or just obtuse?  
The away team at an away ground generally  has their score put second.
[/quote]

Well, I don''t , and know no-one else who does when referring to a  team they support.
As a Norwich fan, I tend to put their score first, and the team they are playing second.
But now I see what you''ve done, and you''ve explained it. Thanks .Just cannot see the need for the insult. Perhaps you are trying to join Morty and Nige''s double-act?
I hope you are right, btw. But I''m just struggling to remember our last 6 game winning streak.......
[/quote]

I can''t help looking at those matches and thinking every one of those is winnable, given the state of the season, the pressure most of those clubs will be under - and of course providing we put on our best performances in the process. 

[/quote]

I don''t see Fulham, Swansea and Southampton as winnable, I hope that we could get a couple points from these games but I just can''t see it given how poor we have been recently away from FCR.

I think we need to look at maxing out at home which is definately doable, but will be tough.

Nutty I will respond later to your request.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I can''t help looking at those matches and thinking every one of those is winnable, given the state of the season, the pressure most of those clubs will be under - and of course providing we put on our best performances in the process. 

[/quote]At last!!!! Some common ground and things we can chat civilly about .I''d agree with you totally about these games. But perhaps (as is my style) put it in starker terms. If we are truly serious about staying in this league, then yes, these are the types of games we should be winning. There will be those who disagree, but anyone could be forgiven for mentally writing off the final four games . But not the six you refer to. Certainly not.I do not suppose we will , as you somewhat optimistically predict, win all six, but, if we can win the 3 homes and maybe one away, then we should be OK. But.......I''m afraid, as I said before, I only think we will end up with 6 pts from them. Sorry.

Stoke 1-0

So''ton 0-0

Sunderland 1-1

Swansea 2-2 (we tend to do well there)

West Brom 2-0

Fulham 0-1

To be honest, I can''t help but feel like there should be a spanking in there for somebody... surely one day all the chances will go in? Maybe West Brom again.

I''m also predicting a 0-0 draw with Arsenal, defeats in the other 3 games and 10 points to take us to 38. Baggies, Fulham and Cardiff to go down.

[quote user="Indy"]

Nutty I will respond later to your request.

[/quote]

Indy, I move really fast on these things. So Saturday''s game is in another

Canary''s pair of hands. 5th April against West Brom is yours if you want it.

Just let me know.