Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Who would be your choice?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I think it''s fairly obvious that Hughton''s replacement will be Neil Lennon. To me, anyway.[/quote]Might as well get someone from the Championship. Higher standard of football.

Uwe Rosler seems to be doing ok. Wouldn''t be a bad shout at all. However, don''t think we''d go there. Lennon with Mackay as our second choice.

Whoever they appoint, and they will be appointing a new manager this summer, I''d love to see Neil Adams promoted to the first team setup.

Anyone who says they''d want to keep Hughton, is simply a fan who doesn''t want to watch good football and is instead happy to see dross each week as long as we scrape to safety in the relegation dogfight each year.For me it HAS to be a manager from the continent as the domestic options are underwhelming to say the least.I''d still like one of Favre, Guidolin or Rijkaard tbh.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Hughton is gone when the season ends. For sure. It''s already done.[/quote]

If you keep saying it, it doesn''t make it any more likely to happen...........

Get real.  If he keeps us up there is a very good argument for keeping him on. 

I''d like Sherwood at Spurs if he becomes available, failing that, Lennon.

To those who peddle the constant loyalty card of "CH whatever the situation" I would suggest that you look at how well he is doing at constructing HIS team and stye of football. Not good.

To those who want" change at any cost " I would suggest that you balance who is available with who will be attacted by the the proposition of joining a struggling premiership/strong championship club.

IMO the middle ground is that CH has not grown into the role and that there are risks in replacing him with a similar grade of manager.

This makes a mockery of dismissing Lennon etc but we have to ask who is the manager who will actually improve us?

For me it would be someone less married to an inflexable shape and structure.

I can''t believe some on here would still like Hughton in charge next season! Are you mad? Or do you enjoy watching slow, negative football with barely any goals for and loads against?! As for who I''d like to see replace him? Well I doubt there are many out there who could do a worse job. I think Big Malky would get everyone back onside and hopefully install some passion back into the club!

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]I can''t believe some on here would still like Hughton in charge next season! Are you mad? Or do you enjoy watching slow, negative football with barely any goals for and loads against?! As for who I''d like to see replace him? Well I doubt there are many out there who could do a worse job. There are hundreds out there that could do a worse job. I think Big Malky would get everyone back onside and hopefully install some passion back into the club! There''s one for starters.[/quote]

The reality is whoever we get is a gamble. Changing any manager is a gamble because you can''t guarantee it will work. We could get Alex Ferguson - but if he immediately clashes personality wise with 10 of our first 11, we''ll struggle.

The whole "How do you know" from both sides is a pointless argument, because nobody knows.

I think, on the balance though, it''s got to the stage for most people that they''re willing to take that gamble. For most that gamble is at the end of the season.

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]How do you know Herman?![/quote]

More of a guess, but going on his career so far and his style of play, he won''t be much better than what we have at the moment. Plus I don''t want another hero tarnished, like Gunn, if it goes tits up.