Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Anyone renewing their season ticket?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Incredible how they auto renew season tickets so early - arsenal definately don''t have renewals until summer, are other teams as early as us?[/quote]

You don''t have to renew them early. You can wait if you want....

[/quote]well done for ignoring the point. I don''t want to wait. But why am i getting letters in the post in early feb telling me my season ticket will automatically renew? Why not in may when the season is drawing to an end?[/quote]

Because this club does interest free credit where you can pay for your season ticket over 12 months. I suppose you don''t like that either...

[/quote]what does interest free credit have to do with timings of the renewals exactly?[/quote]

The DDs on the new tickets start in March.

I''m thankful for this. As someone who is now on a very limited income getting my season ticket interest free for monthly repayments that are less than one casual ticket is something for which I am VERY grateful. You ask these people at those other clubs if they can achieve that...

[/quote]they only start in March so the club can renew early, no reason they couldnt start in May/June/July

djc wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 2:19 AM:

Hughton actually has an excellent track record as manager in the Championship, so maybe we will hang onto him for next season.

That will not happen!

I asked McNally the question as to why we have to renew so early at a supporters meeting once. The only answer he could some up with was that "it suited NCFC". Great so you get my money six months up front for a product that I dont even know what I am getting I replied.  He offered no further answer.

This wont stop me renewing, but it is b****** frustrating, when most other clubs start thinking about STs in April/May.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Incredible how they auto renew season tickets so early - arsenal definately don''t have renewals until summer, are other teams as early as us?[/quote]

You don''t have to renew them early. You can wait if you want....

[/quote]well done for ignoring the point. I don''t want to wait. But why am i getting letters in the post in early feb telling me my season ticket will automatically renew? Why not in may when the season is drawing to an end?[/quote]

Because this club does interest free credit where you can pay for your season ticket over 12 months. I suppose you don''t like that either...

[/quote]what does interest free credit have to do with timings of the renewals exactly?[/quote]

The DDs on the new tickets start in March.

I''m thankful for this. As someone who is now on a very limited income getting my season ticket interest free for monthly repayments that are less than one casual ticket is something for which I am VERY grateful. You ask these people at those other clubs if they can achieve that...

[/quote]they only start in March so the club can renew early, no reason they couldnt start in May/June/July[/quote]

Because if that was the case people could cancel the DD and not miss any football. I really don'';t get this. There''s choice about how you pay for your ticket and a range of choices when to renew it. Just choose what''s best for you and do it like I have done for me.

Yes. I support Norwich City.

We''ve seen way worse than this in my 14 years supporting the club, and I know a lot on here have been supporters a lot longer. Why on earth give up now? And not when we went down to League One? Or played rubbish football relying on loan players leading us to go down. Or when we were last in the PL and went down?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Are we lucky, Piglet?

A lack of capacity and a demand constructed over many years means the Club has created a demand which allows it to keep racking up the cost and become aloof.

There is little room for casual supporters or new supporters. There is little scope to sit with friends and family and we end up with a discontented support who are prisoners of their own fears that there is no alternative while hating the football. Cue the poor atmosphere.

Our Board can take fans for granted and not work too hard for them. We have all seen the sea change in Club-fan relations in recent times and this has even developed into a player contempt towards the supporters because this is the kind of show pony success has brought us. And I DO NOT count Wes Hoolahan in this category.

People have been conned into misdirecting anger at Wes just as they were over Lambert who rightly pointed out the Club is about the players and the fans and while he was manager showed supporters proper respect unlike the all too corporate Chris Hughton.

So, we are lucky, and ever so ''umble aren''t we?[/quote]

I would say we are lucky to have the choices we have. Which is what I did say!

So we have you making the choice not to renew which suits you. And me making the choice to renew early at the cheapest price paying for it the most affordable way which suits me. That apparently gives you the right to trot out the "ever so ''umble" line which I don''t see as relevant in any way.

If these thousands of prisoners exist then they are weak and prisoners of their own making. They are like the folk who go to church not because they believe in it but "just in case it''s true". Or the weak minded who continually spend more and more as each new lottery appears "just in case their numbers come up".

Choice is what it is. It''s part of freedom. If people are incapable of making the right choice then they should look to themselves rather than get involved in the increasingly popular "way out" of finding someone else to blame.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Yeah, I was in the pub a couple of weeks ago and was telling someone I wasn''t sure whether to renew and I would have to cancel my direct debit by the end of January. I then looked at my watch and realised it was 23:30 on the 31st January, so didn''t have any choice in the matter.Time always wins in the end.[/quote]Think you have got until at least the 23rd of this month until the first deadline and possibly longer to decide if you actually renew or not.Just affects matters if you are paying by instalments I think.As for me, I will renew in the fervent hope that Hughton and his crew will have departed by the start of next season,although I''m (almost) sure we will be watching Championship football. (If Hughton survives into next season?, seat will stay empty or I will try and punt it out somehow.Dont really know tbh.)

[quote user="djc"]Hughton actually has an excellent track record as manager in the Championship, so maybe we will hang onto him for next season.[/quote]

Let''s hope not. He bores me to death now. Get rid!

I emailed the club last week saying I was a season ticket holder on the direct debit and during the course of this season I have moved away from the county. I can''t justify giving up a weekend to travel back, stay overnight and travel home to watch Hughton''s brand of football any longer so I said my decision on whether I renew will depend on whether he is manager next season.

Their reply was that if I cancel the season ticket before the start of the new season then I will be given a full refund with no cancellation fee. So whether they auto renew now or in July makes no odds.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]I emailed the club last week saying I was a season ticket holder on the direct debit and during the course of this season I have moved away from the county. I can''t justify giving up a weekend to travel back, stay overnight and travel home to watch Hughton''s brand of football any longer so I said my decision on whether I renew will depend on whether he is manager next season.

Their reply was that if I cancel the season ticket before the start of the new season then I will be given a full refund with no cancellation fee. So whether they auto renew now or in July makes no odds.[/quote]

This has always been the case. The choices we have as ST holders are heavily swayed in our favour. It''s the opposite of what many posters are trying to make out. I wouldn''t be surprised if those who are moaning about this aren''t really ST holders. Either that or they''re perhaps a little dim?

Once again I put out the challenge for one of them to find me another club that will offer their ST holders deals as good as ours.

I am renewing.

I go with the monthly DD payment which auto renews and therefore get the best price.

As depressing as things are right now, there have been much worse times supporting NCFC.

I renewed when we went down to L1 and when we were in the Championship.

I enjoy the matchday experience and its part of my life to watch my local team.

I am as frustrated as everyone else re our current scoring problems and the managers decisions sometimes completely make no sense to me.

I don''t really care who the manager is, they all either get the sack or move on quickly.

I hope we stay up , although it is hope against expectation, but either way I will be there.

At worst, they''ve made incorrect assumptions perhaps based on previous ticket controversies. I myself was expecting at least some kind of admin charge.

I''m not sure anyone actually doubts we haven''t been a model for other clubs to follow as far as the season ticket DD''s go.

Auto renewal, as always.It matters not to me what league we are in (4 extra games if we go down). Having seen 6 relegation''s it holds no fears for me and it''s all been up and down so nothing much has changed.Those who talk about establishing ourselves in the Premier League live in dreamland. Only half a dozen teams can look upon it as permanent and we aren''t one them.

Of course. All three tickets.

Don''t really get people not renewing because of who the manager is or what division we''re in?

I want to watch my team play. As someone else on here said, I don''t care who the manager is really - they do all get the sack or move on pretty quickly these days anyway. If I chucked my season in and picked it back up according to management or results I could be changing every couple of months! If someone can''t afford it or doesn''t want to watch footy love any more then that''s absolutely up to them, and good luck to them, but to stop watching the team because you don''t like the manager is just a bit daft to me.