Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

Apparently MWJ wants Hughton gone..

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

That''s the point isn''t it?

Even if the fan of the year who doesn''t go to games anymore has quoted MWJ correctly, it does not follow that MWJ is being critical.

As was pointed out, the fair weather fan of the year is mind reading. Perhaps MWJ thinks the same as me that it would be nice to have more attacking football for a change but very risky and not very practical. If I think that without having a multimillion fortune riding on the success of the season then, it''s perfectly possible he feels the same.

The assumption even on the quote that this is critical of Hughton is a stretch. It is far from the only possible interpretation but the only one that suits the agenda of the leaker.[/quote]Fair weather ?!I know Matt and have done for some 15 years, he would be to polite to say so I however am not.You sir are a tw@t.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Warren Hill"] So it''s a load of made up pony.

Thought as much.

Fan of the year my arse.[/quote]The only made up pony ive read is the original post in here ! You took what Matt said totally out of context and then created a whole thread about your own assumptions and then point the finger at Matt for rumor mongering.You should be ashamed of yourself ! Pretty pathetic all in all.[/quote]

Really? Where did I do any of that?

Looks more to me like your old mate has dug himself a bit of a hole by not only misquoting the majority shareholder but also apportioning words to him that are nothing more than fabrication dreamt up by either an over active imagination or an unhealthy agenda with regard to our manager.

You break it down like somoene is plotting an assassination attempt on the Emperor of Rome and created some great fabricated chinese whisper.I dont see how saying that MWJ doesnt seem happy with Hoots becomes "digging a hole" The funniest part about the whole thing is the only reason any of you find this of any importance is because as Mello Yello pointed out half of you are just jealous that your constant ramblings on here didnt qualify you for fan of the season !!If this was Wiz, or Nutty or Morty posting something like this there would not be half the kerfuffle. Now get writing your application for this years fan of the season and include your pro Hoots finger pointing witch hunt in it as im sure MWJ will personally read it and give a massive damn !Pathetic.

I ain''t having that Nexus. You won''t find a single post from me where I''ve made something up to support a point of view about any part of the clun I support.

You are also wide of the mark about this "fan of the year" stuff. That was never an issue until this particular fan of the year proudly boasted about boycotting games and saying what he was doing instead. You may know the guy and I accept it''s possible that he posts himself into a bad light. But it definitely colours my view of him and the capital canaries as a group.

Erm, no, still waiting....

All I can see is your mate making things up and now you yelping round his ankles like a loyal Jack Russell. Mello was being his normal mischievous self, the truth is I don''t know anybody so far up their own arse that they''d ever accept "Fan of the Year".

Yet again a post is blown out of the water !!I used your name Nigel as a example of a well known poster rather than pointing a finger.  Matt simply gave his opinion following a conversation. ( Opinion''s are still allowed right ? ) and people then jump all over him as if hes miss quoting the bible or something !Then this post comes up ( which is arguably one big personal attack ) and my own moral compass ( as messed up as it may be) means I take offence to people singling someone out, so it happens to be someone I know ? Ive stuck up for people then trod on them the next day in here it really does matter. What I find that stinks is the way that frankly a lot of you take this forum way to seriously!I make things up on a daily basis, its a internet forum. Who cares ?!

He didn''t give his opinion though did he? He gave his (mis)interpretation of something the majority shareholder of the football club he sometimes supports said as fact only to then backtrack and admit that he''s made it up.

He made it up to try and add further weight to his anti-Hughton position. As entitled as he is to his opinion and as free he is to adopt whatever stance regarding the manager, making things up to try and intimate that there are divisions throughout the club is, to me, the exact opposite of supporting your club, that''s why fan of the year gets thrown in his face.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]He didn''t give his opinion though did he? He gave his (mis)interpretation of something the majority shareholder of the football club he sometimes supports said as fact only to then backtrack and admit that he''s made it up.

He made it up to try and add further weight to his anti-Hughton position. As entitled as he is to his opinion and as free he is to adopt whatever stance regarding the manager, making things up to try and intimate that there are divisions throughout the club is, to me, the exact opposite of supporting your club, that''s why fan of the year gets thrown in his face.[/quote]

No he gave his opinion based on the impression he had gained from the conversation. He then in this thread quoted what was said that led him to form that opinion. It is of course possible for different people, hearing the same thing to interpret it differently or form a different opinion on what was said. I don''t see however that anyone has been misquoted and the main person who has given the comment publicity is you by raising it in this thread not Mat.

I''ve met and spoken to MWJ on several occasions. Both he and Delia and pretty open and forthright when it comes to discussing the club and indeed performances on the pitch. They are fans at the end of the day and fans like to see good football. It''s entirely possible that at the time Hughton was on thin ice due to the dross being served up in the pitch over the previous 3 months.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Even if the fan of the year who doesn''t go to games anymore has quoted MWJ correctly, it does not follow that MWJ is being critical.

As was pointed out, the fair weather fan of the year is mind reading. Perhaps MWJ thinks the same as me that it would be nice to have more attacking football for a change but very risky and not very practical. If I think that without having a multimillion fortune riding on the success of the season then, it''s perfectly possible he feels the same.

The assumption even on the quote that this is critical of Hughton is a stretch. It is far from the only possible interpretation but the only one that suits the agenda of the leaker.[/quote]Fair weather ?!I know Matt and have done for some 15 years, he would be to polite to say so I however am not.You sir are a tw@t.[/quote]

Very true but notwithstanding, you don''t turn your back on your team when things are not going as well as you would like. If you do, especially after you''ve been awarded an accolade for your support then the least you can expect is your commitment being questioned.

Anyway, it was a cheap but irrelevant remark and if I have offended you then that is regrettable.

The point is that a comment by MWJ was spun into a criticism of Hughton without much foundation other than wishful thinking by someone who seems to have a pathological dislike of Hughton.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

The assumption even on the quote that this is critical of Hughton is a stretch. It is far from the only possible interpretation but the only one that suits the agenda of the leaker.[/quote]Fair weather ?!I know Matt and have done for some 15 years, he would be to polite to say so I however am not.You sir are a tw@t.[/quote]

Very true but notwithstanding, you don''t turn your back on your team when things are not going as well as you would like. If you do, especially after you''ve been awarded an accolade for your support then the least you can expect is your commitment being questioned.

Anyway, it was a cheap but irrelevant remark and if I have offended you then that is regrettable.

The point is that a comment by MWJ was spun into a criticism of Hughton without much foundation other than wishful thinking by someone who seems to have a pathological dislike of Hughton.[/quote]

But the spin is in the title of this thread which was not posted by the person in question.

Misquoting the joint majority shareholder like this is pretty serious. I have no doubt this will filter back.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

The point is that a comment by MWJ was spun into a criticism of Hughton without much foundation other than wishful thinking by someone who seems to have a pathological dislike of Hughton.[/quote]

But the spin is in the title of this thread which was not posted by the person in question.[/quote]But on the other thread he did manage to say what was in the title of this thread, it''s not spin, he''s taken a comment about seeing attacking football to mean that MWJ wants the manager gone, here''s what was on the second page of this thread;So thisFollowing a chat I had with MWJ''s back in April of last year, I''m fairly

certain that if he had his say Hughton would have been well gone by

then, let alone now!
from the other thread was derived from thisMWJ''s response was along the lines of "it was great to see some attacking football at Carrow Road for a change".And you''ve accused the other posters of chinese whispers?Only a tabloid would think of linking the two together.

[quote user="Buh"]Misquoting the joint majority shareholder like this is pretty serious. I have no doubt this will filter back.[/quote]

No it won''t Mr Buh.

They have far bigger concerns than us on here.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]. What I find that stinks is the way that

frankly a lot of you take this forum way to seriously!I make things up on a

daily basis, its a internet forum. Who cares ?![/quote]

This is probably worth a thread of it''s own. But if you''re right I wouldn''t

really want to find out. I still like to believe that the likes of you and Matt

Juler are the exception rather than the norm. It maybe an internet forum but

it''s still real life despite what you may think. Making stuff up to post is

showing total disrespect to everyone who uses it.

For the sake of honesty I would ask Matt to tell us what MWJ actually did say. Then the whole thing would go away and we''d know that deep down that he''s the good old boy you people are saying he is.

I might try to ensure personally that it filters back. This guy tries to carry himself as a respected supporter but he jumped the gun in his disdain if the current management. Am I happy, no, but I don''t misrepresent conversations with high up management I the club because of my personal feelings.

Just look at this guys twitter account, addressing RVW directly and saying he should be looking for a way out of Norwich, that is some pretty severe determination to see the club fail right there.

[quote user="Buh"]I might try to ensure personally that it filters back. This guy tries to carry himself as a respected supporter but he jumped the gun in his disdain if the current management. Am I happy, no, but I don''t misrepresent conversations with high up management I the club because of my personal feelings.

Just look at this guys twitter account, addressing RVW directly and saying he should be looking for a way out of Norwich, that is some pretty severe determination to see the club fail right there.[/quote]
Seriously, matt juler tweeted rvw saying he should leave?
Blimey.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Buh"]I might try to ensure personally that it filters back. This guy tries to carry himself as a respected supporter but he jumped the gun in his disdain if the current management. Am I happy, no, but I don''t misrepresent conversations with high up management I the club because of my personal feelings.

Just look at this guys twitter account, addressing RVW directly and saying he should be looking for a way out of Norwich, that is some pretty severe determination to see the club fail right there.[/quote]
Seriously, matt juler tweeted rvw saying he should leave?
Blimey.

[/quote]

This has gotta be a wind up right???

[quote user="Buh"]I might try to ensure personally that it filters back. This guy tries to carry himself as a respected supporter but he jumped the gun in his disdain if the current management. Am I happy, no, but I don''t misrepresent conversations with high up management I the club because of my personal feelings. Just look at this guys twitter account, addressing RVW directly and saying he should be looking for a way out of Norwich, that is some pretty severe determination to see the club fail right there.[/quote]

Cripes, if he said that its out of order.

But then again its twitter so it might not really be him.

@MattJuler: If I was @RvWolfswinkel9 I''d be trying my hardest to get away from @NorwichCityFC and Mr Hughton this January. Wasted here.

[quote user="Buh"]@MattJuler: If I was @RvWolfswinkel9 I''d be trying my hardest to get away from @NorwichCityFC and Mr Hughton this January. Wasted here.[/quote]
Shameful behaviour.

[quote user="Buh"]@MattJuler: If I was @RvWolfswinkel9 I''d be trying my hardest to get away from @NorwichCityFC and Mr Hughton this January. Wasted here.[/quote]

I suppose this is another example of Matt being taken out of context.