Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Bradley Johnson and the Joey Barton incident

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''d love to punch you really hard in the face City1st, you asterix.[/quote]He''s many things, but a cartoon character isn''t going to be one of them.

[quote user="City1st"]oh dearI did wonder which troll would be the first to crawl outDiffering view, eh ?Or lies to the rest of us

[/quote]Mr P there you go again you naughty boy, It isn''t "us" is it ? it''s you.You haven''t got any mates.You don''t speak for the masses who think you are a wonderful troll outer making the world a better place. You don''t go round laying into everyone for the greater good do you ? You do it cos you are a condescending, pompous berk who thinks there is only one opinion and that is your own. You like to dish it out by the bucket load but as soon as anyone has a go at you the bleating starts.Oh dear i am attacking you again aren''t i, Boo Hoo tell Pete to get the thread pulled again   [:D]

Wow, so much anger.

Cheers Reading. Good clip. Though my phone won''t play Sky video for some reason. Audio only.

CUSDP, that was me questioning the importance of a captain, I still do. What the video shows me is that Holt''s an honourable bloke who has stuck up for his mate. Good on him for doing it.

Fantastic insight into how Lambert was able to manage the players - as someone else previously said to be able to motivate and be on their side whilst also being able to cause fear from a player like Johnson for two days straight shows, in my opinion, a fantastic manager, mentally, so to speak.

If he develops more balanced tactics etc really could go on to be a top, top manager in this country.

Additionally, massive respect to Holt who was clearly a fantastic captain for the club, players, fans and management team.

Paul Lambert was magnificent for Norwich City and Norwich City were also magnificent for a man who had achieved little in management before then (a league cup run with Wycombe aside). However he wanted to leave, it wasn''t like Norwich had much say in the matter. I think people should really be getting over that by now given that its nearly been 18 months since he quit.

I have my doubts about Chris Hughton I will admit despite the win again West Ham these doubts remain. It was a good home win but ultimately our attitude towards away matches simply has to change because we put ourselves under too much pressure in the home games otherwise. Newcastle would be a decent start. But for all the criticism he did achieve a higher league finish than Lambert. I also genuinely believe that the only thing which currently separates Villa and Norwich in the table is an idiotic decision by Snodgrass to take a penalty which he wasn''t meant to. That is how fine the margins are in this league right now.

I seem to recall Lambert saying that he''d had words with Johnson about the darts match incident, making it sound like Johnson was at fault. I suppose he was just trying to smooth over any PR fallout.

Not sure its healthy that Johnson was petrified of going into the office on Monday morning.

Say''s a lot about the kind of regime they had going on there.

[quote user="Nicko"]Not sure its healthy that Johnson was petrified of going into the office on Monday morning.

Say''s a lot about the kind of regime they had going on there.[/quote]

Fergie and Jose must have done it all wrong

[quote user="Le Juge"]Time for people to pipe down about Grant Holt now.

Yes we miss a leader on the pitch, but Holt is past his best and not up to this league anymore.

2 goals in 10 appearances in the Championship for Wigan show that, especially as one was a penalty.

Holt said he wanted to move up north, but the Premier League was always his dream. If he felt capable of playing in this league for another season he would have done.

He didn''t though, because he new his legs were going. He had time out last season with a hamstring injury, more time out with a back injury, and time out this season already with a knee injury.

His body is failing him, he isn''t the player that he was a couple of years ago, and I''d be surprised if he was still playing in two years unless it is a swansong for Carlisle in league one.

Time to move on. Great leader, no longer great player, end of story.[/quote]

Time for you to wind your neck in. We will talk about who we want when we want. Especially the legend that is Grant Holt!

I Miss the early 90''s

Vinny Jones, Julian Dicks, Neil Ruddock, Eric Cantona...

is someone like Barton did your mate, then someone like Jones did Barton as soon as he got the ball...

bring back midfield nutters!

Nicko wrote the following post at 18/11/2013 11:31 AM:

Not sure its healthy that Johnson was petrified of going into the office on Monday morning.

Say''s a lot about the kind of regime they had going on there.

The only point of real significance about the regime was that it was effective, to be fair!!

There are many articles around as to why CH was given the boot from the Toon, worth looking up!