Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Holt on Wigan bench!

If he can only make the bench,should confirm that our club got it 100% right by not holding on to him.

For those who felt he had more to offer us in the PL, must now admit that CH does know what he is doing!

[quote user="Ken"]If he can only make the bench,should confirm that our club got it 100% right by not holding on to him.

For those who felt he had more to offer us in the PL, must now admit that CH does know what he is doing![/quote]
This is his first game back after 5 or 6 weeks out with a knee ligament injury which he obtained during his 4th appearance for Wigan in early September. 
That makes your post a rubbish one. Just saying. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="Ken"]If he can only make the bench,should confirm that our club got it 100% right by not holding on to him.

For those who felt he had more to offer us in the PL, must now admit that CH does know what he is doing![/quote]
This is his first game back after 5 or 6 weeks out with a knee ligament injury which he obtained during his 4th appearance for Wigan in early September. 

[/quote]

Actually no. I am not taking sides but Holt came back from injury two weeks ago. He came off the bench and played more than 30 minutes against Blackburn on October 6.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I do believe the OP is being facetious.[/quote]
I doubt it. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="Ken"]If he can only make the bench,should confirm that our club got it 100% right by not holding on to him.

[/quote]

Actually no. I am not taking sides but Holt came back from injury two weeks ago. He came off the bench and played more than 30 minutes against Blackburn on October 6.

[/quote]
Fair enough, well then it is second game back from a nasty knee injury. Same applies, the post is rubbish.
I see that the BBC report:
"Grant Holt came off the bench to force Spurr into an own goal, before Boyce glanced home to snatch the victory"
That would make it 5 starts, 1 sub appearance, 3 goals and 1 assist according to ESPN. 
Still got it. Hope he keeps banging them in. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="Ken"]If he can only make the bench,should confirm that our club got it 100% right by not holding on to him.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Fair enough, well then it is second game back from a nasty knee injury. Same applies, the post is rubbish.
"Grant Holt came off the bench to force Spurr into an own goal, before Boyce glanced home to snatch the victory"
That would make it 5 starts, 1 sub appearance, 3 goals and 1 assist according to ESPN. 

[/quote]

The trusted Soccerway makes it two goals, of which one was a penalty. One against Barnsley on the opening day of the season and the penalty against Middlesbrough. The own goal would count as an assist.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="Ken"]If he can only make the bench,should confirm that our club got it 100% right by not holding on to him.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The trusted Soccerway makes it two goals, of which one was a penalty. One against Barnsley on the opening day of the season and the penalty against Middlesbrough. The own goal would count as an assist.

[/quote]
Does Soccerway also make it 4 starts and 1 sub appearance? 
I had a feeling that ESPN were adding a game and goal to his stats, as he was on 4 starts + 0 sub, 2 goals before his injury.
Still, 2 goals in 5 appearances isn''t a bad start for a bad starter. I''d like to see him do well, he''s a top bloke and a club legend. 
Not a million miles away from 200 professional career goals, sure he will reach that. Surprising how few strikers actually do.

Sounds like commentators on Sky don''t agree with you Spartacus.

Still amazed how the Holt bashers appear on here with regular monotony

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If Wigan go up and we go down maybe we''ll see Holty in yellow again.[/quote]
Doubt it, time to move on and he wanted to go up north and his legs are going - Carlisle next stop by the end of next season. 
But we have Becchio and Hooper who are proven prolific Championship goalscorers, if Becchio doesn''t leave in January. It would make us regret signing Kei Kamara though. 
Not sure why I even replied to this, do you actually think we will go down? We have had to turn out against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton in our first 8 games. 
That means we''ve played 4 of last seasons top 6 and 4 of the other 13. Stop wetting your pants.