Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Villa Prediction

[quote user="CanaryFrom1979"]

Having witnessed enough protests and discontent at NCFC to last more than one lifetime I just want to for once watch a match or listen to commentary and not hear a record stuck on repeat, the following day I would like to read a report that that differs from the previous one.

One more Canary Call where I hear the same criticisms and infighting and the radio will be getting reduced to its components.

I may be out of step with what occurs on forums like this, perhaps it is just another venue for the infighting that is the constant sound to being a supporter, but this should be a place where conflicting suggestions are debated on evidence to arrive at a concrete set of ideas for how the club progresses.

NCFC could progress, it has the resources and the support but it is in danger of becoming like the man who constantly says ''I could run 100m in 9:45s,,,,but''

Supporters are the lifeblood of this club (of any club) and how we arrive at a plan to put to the club is of vital importance, we can either act as a supporters organization or alternatively fight amongst ourselves and continue turning up for more of the same.

We may well win on Saturday, but who has confidence that that would last beyond the next Hull or Spurs.

I for one would rather be decisive and level-headed about the club I have spent years and cash backing than listen to one more repetition of ''This negative football is appalling but I''m going to spend my time arguing with other supporters''  

[/quote]What a load of old nonsense You talk as if the club is in dire straights, as if we are is the same state as the thieving paupers down the road. We are not.Over the past 4 years we have hauled ourselves out of League 1 (as run away champions) pushed straight through the the Championship into the top flight - and stayed there. In the process we have cleared our debts and played to full houses for virtually every home league game. We have developed and invested heavily in the youth set up - picking up the FA Youth Cup on the wayWhatever plan you have that we might put to the club I suggest you put it where it belongs - and if you don''t like what is said on Canary Call or what you read on here then you know where the switch is..Though I suspect the only switch you really have any knowledge of has an I and a P before it - so why not far corfe back there.

It may be as drastic as two games to determine the outcome of the situation, the games in Oct are dead rubbers 2pts from 9 would be optimistic, following that a loss to Man City. If in that situation a gap to survival emerges action would have to be taken.

Any new manager would need time to asses the squad prior to Jan, add in the likely lack of points from the final four matches and to be reasonably confident of survival any decision would have to be taken around Oct/Nov at the latest.

Both the Watford and Stoke games are good indicators of our progress, both are away, Stoke are improving and Watford is in a cup competition an area we have played particularly poorly in in the last year (Luton and Villa).  A series of better performances and discontent may well die down (fingers crossed)

The worse case scenario of two consecutive defeats and we may have to take the hit, decide upon a new management team, that in the long run may well be the rational thing to do.

My point is this the more supporters that can agree upon any action is surely more healthy in the long run than the weekly re-runs of criticisms about things that we have known for the last year. 

BTW the comment about the opposition down south is utterly wide of the mark (point of fact my first game was standing on the Barclay terraces for a midweek game in winter), my point is that we achieve nothing by veering from wild optimism if we beat a Man City side already on the beach, to constant re-runs of discontent about the same subject every week.

This week as last week it will be why do we play one forward, why do we concede too much possession in our own half, why does RVW get no service etc etc

These things are utterly depressing and predictable.

If we are to ever progress we need to change the record, if this can be done in a rational and level-headed way so much the better.

To paraphrase, if and when the facts change I will change my view but it will be done upon evidence not blind hope.

I think if Hughton doesn''t change things then 2 or 3-1 to Villa. However, I think the way we play and who we start with may be overall more important than the result.

Will Hughton learn from previous matches? He has the squad to shake things up, so why not do so?

The biggest interest is whether Hooper will start? If he is fit and doesn''t then serious questions will have to be asked.

Hooper and Wolf must of asked prior to signing what formation the manager was likely to play. They both must of been told what they wanted to hear, otherwise they wouldn''t of signed. Have they been conned?

RvW needs to play with another upfront with a decent midfield providing service - hasn''t happened

Hooper needs to play upfront (or just off)- hasn''t happened either.

To quote John Lydon ''Ever get the feeling you''ve been cheated?'' - I hope this hasn''t been the case with these two...

[quote user="CanaryFrom1979"]

It may be as drastic as two games to determine the outcome of the situation, the games in Oct are dead rubbers 2pts from 9 would be optimistic, following that a loss to Man City. If in that situation a gap to survival emerges action would have to be taken.

Any new manager would need time to asses the squad prior to Jan, add in the likely lack of points from the final four matches and to be reasonably confident of survival any decision would have to be taken around Oct/Nov at the latest.

Both the Watford and Stoke games are good indicators of our progress, both are away, Stoke are improving and Watford is in a cup competition an area we have played particularly poorly in in the last year (Luton and Villa).  A series of better performances and discontent may well die down (fingers crossed)

The worse case scenario of two consecutive defeats and we may have to take the hit, decide upon a new management team, that in the long run may well be the rational thing to do.

My point is this the more supporters that can agree upon any action is surely more healthy in the long run than the weekly re-runs of criticisms about things that we have known for the last year. 

[/quote]

That''s what you get if you use babelfish

OK City1st

I have attempted to objectively and rationally take apart our prospects for the season based purely upon the evidence of this season and the previous one.  Fair enough some people might prefer to retreat to unshakable optimism.

Throwing these questions right back at you.

1 Do you suppose CH will radically alter the line up or tactical approach, will he in post match make comments other than the ones that have become predictable lately

2 If not why not, is it just remotely possible that CH will act according to his character rather than veering between gung-ho optimist and cautious pessimist

3 What do you predict from the next two games, the next 4 and the final 4 of the season, is it possible that due to an admittedly good performance against a distracted MCFC that NCFC have not progressed as far as was though after that

Just trying to challenge you....

I have no concerns over our home form and am going for an optimistic and entertaining 3-1 to us!

Surely all proper fans want us to get stuffed?

It will prove that Lambert deserves deification and will speed up the inevitable sacking of the manager that led us to our highest league finish in twenty years, the clueless oaf.

Then we can get someone proven at the highest level, someone who can turn this sows ear of a team into a silk purse.

Like Poyet.

Warren,Tongue firmly in cheek I realise, but of course anybody with green and yellow blood pumping through their veins wants us to wipe the smile off Lamberts face. But do I miss his brand of football and lack of respect for reputations, then of course. I wish that he hadnt gone, but he has and we need to beat them as they are not only one of our ''mini-league'' rivals, but this is the least hard fixture we face for a while - until Cardiff.

It matters little what I think as your previous line was that we had to stop having differing views and unite in a plan to save the club.Hopefully that will involve some kind of protest so that we can link up with wiz''s campaign to ''drive the sod out''. Which I have to suppose is pretty much the same as his previous campaign against Chris Hughton which was ''drive the bu gger out''. The same in the fact that he will hide up for somewhile (as has Pinkun Role Model) until the heat dies down before popping back with his recollections of past times - all of which are usually lifted from other postings. Whether you are truly mad, pretending to be mad (wiz) I really don''t know. But what I do know is that for all the supposed faults and predictions of gloom, the club is in a very healthy state and I am sure it will take what ever measures are needed to keep it in that shape. What they will be, time and events will show and dictate.Until then I shall continue supporting the club, continue watching the team and continue to leave my pitchfork and unlit flaming torch in the shed, where they have been for somewhile now. As I doubt either you or wiz are much beyond keyboard warriers or to be generous.. worriers.

The thing is Louis, Lamberts "brand" isn''t really pulling up any trees is it?

Great win at Arsenal, lose the next 3.

Tough fixtures maybe, but there are no easy games as Hull away demonstrated.

My personal feeling is that Lambert has no class, I''m glad he''s gone and would love to rub his nose in a doggy walnut-whip. I hope our boys stick 3 or 4 past them and then Delia makes a solo run from the directors box, slides in front of the Villa dugout on her knees and double fist pumps in Lamberts face.

Delia on her knees double-fisting might not be to everyone''s taste but I feel she owes Lambert.

So City1st the score is 0/3

My point if you noticed is that rational discussion is far better than infighting, repeating oneself every week or just retreating to a world of irrational argument, my aim is to encourage debate, that way all opinions are counted and supporters can have confidence that their voices are being heard, I am as appalled by the thought of more protests along the lines of those in the past (I saw them and they weren''t great times).

In any debate views are heard, evidence put forward and (hopefully) a reasonable outcome occurs, if views have no evidence  or can''t gain support they are dropped.  Sniping, refusing to recognise mistakes or even worse being inactive in the face of adversity are no substitute for reason and remaining level headed.

Admittedly we are a world away from where we were in ''09 (I was there for the 7-1), but I am not complacent about it remaining that way and I will not put up past success as a smokescreen to hide away from difficult times.  It was a bold decision in ''09 that got us here (Lambert going was inevitable, as it is with every football club) perhaps we have to be as bold in ''13

To misquote Paxman "I''ll have to hurry you for an answer; 

"Delia on her knees double-fisting might not be to everyone''s taste but I feel she owes Lambert"Now Warren, is what I would call real entertainment. Let''s hope the old girl still has it in her and that boys do their part!

First game I''ll miss this season[:(] (Yeah I know, binner lol)

Not sure what to expect here, I am looking for a reaction from the players after Spurs, class team or not a few of them really didn''t perform as well as I know they can.

Am hoping for a win but Villa are strong away, so we''ll have to be switched on from minute 1.

That said (eternally optimistic) NCFC 2 Villa 0.

Have had a second look at your replies, my recollections are entirely genuine, I don''t think you have any actual evidence to support such a wild assumption.

Is your sniping a sign of paranoia or do you just prefer to bask in past success, for some reason I am reminded of the Party in Oceania (1984 btw) constantly repeating its triumphs as if to reassure itself whilst continually glancing round to take pot shots at anyone daring to question their ''logic'' 

[quote user="Warren Hill"]The thing is Louis, Lamberts "brand" isn''t really pulling up any trees is it?

Great win at Arsenal, lose the next 3.

Tough fixtures maybe, but there are no easy games as Hull away demonstrated.[/quote]Or maybe there are no easy games because we''re not very good?Villa to win by 2 goals, let''s say 3-1 for the sake of argument.

It''s a shame Holt''s gone. I think he was the only player on our books to dare to attack when told to defend.

Lambert will want this more than Hughton, he''ll try to put 6 past us. Question is, is CH ruthless enough to take advantage of gaps that will inevitably open up in Villa''s defence? My heart says ''bet your ass he will'' unfortunately my head says ''no chance''

2-3

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]"Delia on her knees double-fisting might not be to everyone''s taste but I feel she owes Lambert"

Now Warren, is what I would call real entertainment. Let''s hope the old girl still has it in her and that boys do their part!
[/quote]

Oh Matron![:$]