Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Charlie Austin?

If reports are to be read in a obscure manner, then these unforseen obstacles might be another team coming in for him, at 4.5 million not a bad gamble.

I doubt it was us making a last minute bid but you never know!

Don''t think he is anything special. He got a lot of attention by scoring 20 goals in his first 17 games last season, but then he scored 8 in his last 23 and several of those eight were penalties. I''d rather have Rhodes. Especially at it would infuriate Ipswich fans. 

[quote user="Indy"]

I doubt it was us making a last minute bid but you never know!

[/quote]
Could be Aston Villa, after Benteke submitted his transfer request. 

I wonder if he failed his medical, their was talk of him being seen snorting a white substance in a recent court case, which he did deny but makes you wonder if it was true, if its been picked up on during his tests especially in the off season

I have very little concrete evidence on which to base this opinion but I just am not convinced Austin is good enough to hack it at this level. I''ve only ever seen him play live once so perhaps I am being a little hasty but he did nothing at all when he played against us for Burnley at Carrow Road and from what i''ve seen on the tv he''s not that quick. He looks like a Becchio type of player to me (another i have doubts about). He can obviously finish if chances are created for him but at prem level i think you need a little bit more than just finishing ability to get away from the much better defenders and your chances per game tend to be much more limited than in the championship. I''m not convinced Austin has the pace or movement to create chances for himself. The same concerns might apply to Hooper but at least he has scored goals in Europe against a few decent sides.

Yes Steve Bruce just confirmed this just goes to show you fee agreed ,personal terms agreed then your main target fails a medical good job they Havent just sold a proven premiership goal scorer like holt , I think this goes to prove some fans concern about signing players before you let others go !

They will probably be back in for Hooper now then. Another reason for us to get on with it if we want him. I am sure he would chose us over Hull but why take the risk.

norfolkngood wrote - "Yes Steve Bruce just confirmed this just goes to show you fee agreed ,personal terms agreed then your main target fails a medical good job they Havent just sold a proven premiership goal scorer like holt , I think this goes to prove some fans concern about signing players before you let others go ! "

OMG! OMG! What the hell are they going to do now? Only seven and a bit weeks left of the transfer window and there are no strikers left in the world!!!

[quote user="Cricketer"]I wonder if he failed his medical, their was talk of him being seen snorting a white substance in a recent court case, which he did deny but makes you wonder if it was true, if its been picked up on during his tests especially in the off season[/quote]
And rumours about drug use first appeared on the internet way back in 2010 as a Swindon player, also various other rumours which make him sound like a bit of a bad egg floating around including a gambling problem and encounters with teammates girlfriends, and this all comes from Swindon Town forums! 

all I am saying until a player has a shirt in his hands ay carrow rd you can not take anything for granted so say the person who was lined up to take holts place fails his medical target 2 is not available you are then onto target 3 to replace a proven goalscorer !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

all I am saying until a player has a shirt in his hands ay carrow rd you can not take anything for granted so say the person who was lined up to take holts place fails his medical target 2 is not available you are then onto target 3 to replace a proven goalscorer !

[/quote]
How do you know we haven''t already signed his replacement? 

I would say yes but the price is a little inflated for me. 3m would be a good price. Good back up for Van wolfswinkel and whoever else we get in

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]norfolkngood wrote - "Yes Steve Bruce just confirmed this just goes to show you fee agreed ,personal terms agreed then your main target fails a medical good job they Havent just sold a proven premiership goal scorer like holt , I think this goes to prove some fans concern about signing players before you let others go ! "

OMG! OMG! What the hell are they going to do now? Only seven and a bit weeks left of the transfer window and there are no strikers left in the world!!![/quote]

Exquisite Joanna