Sign in to follow this  
super canary

match thread-city v wba

Indeed, a few squad improvements starting with The Wolf, I reckon we could be very strong.

I feel 10 times more comfortable with Ruddy back, no disrespect to Bunn who has played well, but Ruddy is in a completely different league.

the passion and desire to win the ball back is lovely to watch. wba have been terrible but we deserve credit. what a time to get what i''m sure will be our biggest win of the season

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]I hope this is a sign of things to come next season. If we can play football like this and retain our solid defence, who knows?[/quote]This is what happens when you let our guys play instead of sitting back to defend endlessly...[/quote]
I don''t think it''s a conincidence that Ruddy returned for this game and that we are now putting in this level of performance

Snodgrass off for E Bennogreat ovation from the faithful at FCR

Great question and I''ve talked to some degree to this earlier on the thread....Having Ruddy in goal, who is a great keeper, brings confidence to the defense and allows the team to play more fluidly. When Bunn is in goal, who is an average keeper, the team have to play more defensively to protect him.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Why has it taken 20 games before we finally open up and attack the opposition a little.  Fantastic to be safe, but it never needed to come to this.[/quote]

Great question and I''ve talked to some degree to this earlier on the thread....Having

Ruddy in goal, who is a great keeper, brings confidence to the defense

and allows the team to play more fluidly. When Bunn is in goal, who is

an average keeper, the team have to play more defensively to protect

him.

''I feel 10 times more comfortable with Ruddy back, no disrespect to Bunn who has played well, but Ruddy is in a completely different league.''

Yeah definitely. Even those fairly routine saves, he just looks like he always has them under control. Came and caught a cross in first half, not even hard stuff, stuff Bunn would do, but just looks much safer doing it.

Hope we keep Bunn still, but wouldn''t begrudge him wanting to move for first team football, he''s good enough to play in goal for one of promoted teams if they needed a GK.

Excited to go to the last game without having the need to worry about what the result is. Mind you be nice to snatch a win and an even better position in the league. Good game to ease Ruddy back into things I guess...

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"]Great question and I''ve talked to some degree to this earlier on the thread....Having Ruddy in goal, who is a great keeper, brings confidence to the defense and allows the team to play more fluidly. When Bunn is in goal, who is an average keeper, the team have to play more defensively to protect him.

[/quote]
Yeah, don''t get me wrong, Bunn''s been really good this season and shown he is one of the best back-ups in the league, several sides in the Championship would have him as a starter. But Ruddy is an international-quality goal-keeper, you don''t get those everyday

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="Budapest Canary"]3-0! Come on, improve that goal difference! I daren''t watch other results. Would it still matter? [/quote]No Friend - we win, we''re safe - simple as !![/quote]Relieved I am. The past couple of weeks everytime when we were up and I checked the table we ended up losing the advatage. So I decided to stop doing that. Maybe I found the secret answer! [:)]

Nearly another as well. So nice to see us not sitting right back.

Delia''s got her clapper!

Anyone watching a stream know who''s doing commentary? I recognise their voices, but not sure who they are...

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="NWC"][quote user="Budapest Canary"]3-0! Come on, improve that goal difference! I daren''t watch other results. Would it still matter? [/quote]No Friend - we win, we''re safe - simple as !![/quote]Relieved I am. The past couple of weeks everytime when we were up and I checked the table we ended up losing the advatage. So I decided to stop doing that. Maybe I found the secret answer! [:)][/quote]Whatever you''re doing - keep doing it!!! :)

And is Holty on 7 or 8 league goals now?

Anyone fancy a hattrick against ManC next week to get him to double figures? ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Delia''s got her clapper!

Anyone watching a stream know who''s doing commentary? I recognise their voices, but not sure who they are...[/quote]
I think one of them is Kevin Phillips. 

Holty off for the missing man BechioGood reception from fcr for our club captain

Fantastic finish Howson and excellent link up from Becchio - why the hell hasn''t he been played more often???

Sace the best to last - a funkin belter from Jonny Howson!!!4-0 City!!