Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Lennon: Hooper's a real nowhere man

Post championship winning interview and one of the main things the Celtic manager wants to say is that Hooper''s going nowhere. Methinks he is setting his stall out to try and drive up his price again. Let''s follow up on our good work in January and not get dragged into silly money territory.

Hooper not worth £5m, Lennon would disagree of course. Stokes looks a better bet than Hooper and much cheaper sinco out of contract.

Can get better for the same cash from overseas - if we need to sign someone else.   Would rather simply not go back for him

I don''t want him.He was kind of the right man at the right time, but for the wrong money. I feel we have moved on and I doubt we''ll go back.

We got the pick of the ''january target'' bunch to be honest, RVW is the superior player and frankly Id be suprised if we went for Hooper. Its pace and creativity we need now, Hooper will be over priced and too similar style (though not as good) as RVW.

[quote user="pete"]Hooper not worth £5m, Lennon would disagree of course. Stokes looks a better bet than Hooper and much cheaper sinco out of contract.[/quote]youre joking right?Stokes is terrible, absolutly dyer

RVW > Hooper.

I''m glad we didn''t sign him

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="pete"]Hooper not worth £5m, Lennon would disagree of course. Stokes looks a better bet than Hooper and much cheaper sinco out of contract.[/quote]youre joking right?Stokes is terrible, absolutly dyer[/quote]No, that''s Kieran [;)]

What about the Greek guy? No.

That Samaras, that Samaras,

I do not like that Samaras

True, but if the money they were holding out for Hooper on was true, then RVW is a much, much, much better deal!

Surely RVW and Hooper are too similar to play up top together?

I''d still take Hooper- I think having him, Van Wolfswinke, Kamara, Holt and Bechio gives us a good variety of players and styles upfront.